Formula 1 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Driver of the day, pretty much all of them. Not the easiest of conditions but fair play to them all. Congrats Perez and Ferrari didn't mess up for once 👏👏 look at Mclaren, well done to them. So pleased to see Seb in the points 😊

Reactions: 9
Do we think Carola is somewhere wondering what his excuse will be this time after his “celebrations”?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Driver of the day, pretty much all of them. Not the easiest of conditions but fair play to them all. Congrats Perez and Ferrari didn't mess up for once 👏👏 look at Mclaren, well done to them. So pleased to see Seb in the points 😊
mclaren and aston martin had an outstanding day, which they probably were in no way expecting 👏🏻👏🏻

happy to see a fairly steady ferrari race too 🤣

Reactions: 6
Well was that not the weirdest race? Even the crashes were boring. When I realised it was on lap 38 I was in total denial 😂 Pleased for Perez and sad there won't be any wholesome Papa Perez content (unless somone has seen him there)

Reactions: 8
Well was that not the weirdest race? Even the crashes were boring. When I realised it was on lap 38 I was in total denial 😂 Pleased for Perez and sad there won't be any wholesome Papa Perez content (unless somone has seen him there)
i have never seen a race so dull with that many crashes and safety cars 🤣 it came to life near the end but absolutely a very strange race overall.

I think it’s piss poor that Sergio Perez has won it pending an investigation. Why can’t the race officials delay the trophy ceremony by ten minutes to make a decision? This isn’t the first time they have done this. Also, the race was really boring.

Do we think Carola is somewhere wondering what his excuse will be this time after his “celebrations”?
You took the words out of my mouth!

Reactions: 7
I think it’s piss poor that Sergio Perez has won it pending an investigation. Why can’t the race officials delay the trophy ceremony by ten minutes to make a decision? This isn’t the first time they have done this. Also, the race was really boring.

You took the words out of my mouth!
other drivers (seb immediately comes to my mind) have had drive through penalties for that exact offence during the race. i get if it’s complicated and there’s things to check on the car etc, but that one seemed cut and dry. it’s surely better to either make the decision during the race or delay the ceremony rather than having someone on the podium knowing they’re being investigated 🤷🏼‍♀️

other drivers (seb immediately comes to my mind) have had drive through penalties for that exact offence during the race. i get if it’s complicated and there’s things to check on the car etc, but that one seemed cut and dry. it’s surely better to either make the decision during the race or delay the ceremony rather than having someone on the podium knowing they’re being investigated 🤷🏼‍♀️
It completely ruins the moment and the celebration. Other gripes - the nose ring business - so petty. The Singapore track - difficult to overtake, then try and modify it. Ted said yesterday it wasn’t ready to host after a three year break.

Reactions: 8
It completely ruins the moment and the celebration. Other gripes - nose ring business - so petty. The Singapore track - difficult to overtake, then bloody adapt it.
it’s both difficult to overtake and seems to have huge issues in warming up - i know they had a torrential downpour but it really seemed to take a ridiculous amount of time to dry out. i guess that’s part of being a night race and street circuit though! i love it to look at and think it’s one of the prettiest tracks, but i also agree it needs work.

Reactions: 4
After speaking to Perez there were no mitigating factors and he had been warned previously during the race so I don’t know why it needed investigation afterwards.

I get why Singapore is on the calendar for some variety and being a challenge for the drivers and it is easier to pass there than Monaco.

Any other race with that many safety cars, wet/dry-ish conditions, Verstappen falling to the back, Hamilton crashing and the midfield running into each other would have been excellent! Think the fact the front runners were never challenged made it dull

Reactions: 4
I agree. I think lack of DRS didn’t help. Hamilton whinging that Sainz was holding him back made me laugh. I was like “overtake then” 😂

I agree. I think lack of DRS didn’t help. Hamilton whinging that Sainz was holding him back made me laugh. I was like “overtake then” 😂
i love how hamilton forgets other drivers’ names when they’re annoying him - it’s always “this guy”, it makes me laugh 🤣

but the lack of DRS was incredible - why did it take so long to decide to activate it? once everyone was changing tyres it was surely the right moment.

Reactions: 5
I laughed when he drove into the wall sky sports proper big Hamilton up so to see do a rare mistake was great. He didn't even manage to overtake Seb.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.