Formula 1 #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I googled their barrister and he has an impressive CV.

I wonder have Red Bull legal advisors with them in there? Sky have said that Mercedes did fear something like this happening and planned ahead so sounds like the barrister doesnt normally travel with them.
Red bull don’t have their lawyer with them I don’t think. It was mentioned by sky.
But the main issue here isn’t red bull v Mercedes so they don’t really need one. It’s Mercedes v FIA
 
  • Like
Reactions: 9
Red bull don’t have their lawyer with them I don’t think. It was mentioned by sky.
But the main issue here isn’t red bull v Mercedes so they don’t really need one. It’s Mercedes v FIA
I was more thinking along the lines if Masi had made a decision that went against Red Bull...did they come prepared for a legal battle.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
I was more thinking along the lines if Masi had made a decision that went against Red Bull...did they come prepared for a legal battle.
Actually I think when he didn't let the cars unlap at first was against Red Bull. He messed up so badly, I think both team hates him.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
I googled their barrister and he has an impressive CV.

I wonder have Red Bull legal advisors with them in there? Sky have said that Mercedes did fear something like this happening and planned ahead so sounds like the barrister doesnt normally travel with them.
Red Bull spokesperson says they're "a race team and have no QC/legal representation" in this hearing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 7
Sky sports news say we should have decision in next half hour but it may go to the court of arbitration.
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
there are so many sports where they don’t have direct contact! It’s all stupid! I think there might be a few rule changes next year (in respect to this) and rightly so
Yep cannot ask the ref to explain his decision on tv at football. The Managers only really get to talk to 4th official.
Total farce to the end of the season of F1
 
  • Like
Reactions: 7
Just caught up. I won't say much at the mo as I'm a few wines in! I just hope that Max gets to celebrate and enjoy his first championship without this palaver overshadowing it too much. I'll have a look at all the views when I'm fresh in the morning. @HaloGirl you ok lovely? X
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
I get why Mercedes are appealing but leave the result as it is to change it now would be even more ridiculous that what the FIA did.
FIA now need investigating and rules should be stuck too.
Not impressed at all with this it has brought a very sour taste to F1. 😕
 
  • Like
Reactions: 7
I think this is ridiculous and leaves a sour taste

I've read that it's not a protest against Redbull but against the association.

Can't they do that separately afterwards?

Instead they're preventing the title announcement throwing everything into doubt.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
I think this is ridiculous and leaves a sour taste

I've read that it's not a protest against Redbull but against the association.

Can't they do that separately afterwards?

Instead they're preventing the title announcement throwing everything into doubt.
I dont think so as the decision had a direct impact on the championship.
 
I think the conclusion of this season is that the stewarding and rules need more consistency and that the stewards are the same people throughout the year. Paid individuals to do the job
 
  • Like
Reactions: 9
I dont think so as the decision had a direct impact on the championship.

I think they should just accept it and move on

They don't look good doing this

Is it Toto behind this ? - he does seem to be pathological in his need to win.

Did we get to see him destroying any more furniture today?
:LOL:

according to BBC the decision in 5-10 minutes
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
I think they should just accept it and move on

They don't look good doing this

Is it Toto behind this ? - he does seem to be pathological in his need to win.

Did we get to see him destroying any more furniture today?
:LOL:
Another headset was def in danger
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
BBC quote

There was a round of applause at Red Bull, I think because the first protest was thrown out.

We are still waiting for official confirmation.

There is a sense of I think we know what is coming, but it is not official yet.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
"We are expecting a decision on that second more significant protest at 6.45pm UK time," reports Craig Slater.
"Red Bull will head to the stewards in person to receive it." From sky news
 
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.