Formula 1 #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The lady in white is there too. Just a rit end to a great season. Wonder if Merc will appeal if possible? I dunno just feel utterly disappointed tbh.
The FIA definitely have to replace Masi.

I think Mercedes definitely have grounds to be unhappy with the unlapping cars mess. Only letting some unlap is unheard of. Should've been none and blue flags if Masi wanted a lap of racing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 12
Why is Geri being interviewed? 🤢
Her smug face, she has been waiting for this moment since she got with Karen 🤢

Congrats to Max, been a Lewis fan since he came to F1 so absolutely gutted after that shambles. A new F1 champ is always worthy just cannot get over the last few laps and that it was won that way especially after the pace of Lewis today. My sweet 13 year old went and got me a bottle of fizz from the fridge so I can drown my sorrows 😭😭😭
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: 7
Anyone watching Ted Kravitz right now? Toto is holed up in his office and reading the rules.

Michael Masi cant handle the pressure though. I was a big fan of Charlie Whiting but thr race director needs to be more experienced.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 7
Anyone watching Ted Kravitz right now? Toto is holed up in his office and reading the rules.

Michael Masi cant handle the pressure though. I was a big fan of Charlie Whiting but thr race director needs to be more experienced.
Yea, I think all fans agree Masi has to go.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4
Last post-race Rosé-fuelled thoughts but incredibly delighted for Yuki. So many people wrote him off this season for a couple of mistakes but P4 is incredible. Alpha could be a serious outfit next year.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 11
Well I think I've only just managed to compose myself enough to string a sentence together. What. A. Race! Never hid my support for Max, but I await the outcome of the appeal with interest 👀
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
Having seen the regulations shared on Twitter. Michael Masi has no leg to stand on.

Lapped cars either unlap or don't unlap, all or nothing.

Then, once all lapped cars have passed the safety car, the safety car comes in at the end of the following lap. Not the same lap as what happened today.

Michael Masi has thrown the rule book out to create a drama. It's unacceptable for him to arbitrarily change the rules like this.

Mercedes are right to be protesting the decisions of Race Control.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 14
Having seen the regulations shared on Twitter. Michael Masi has no leg to stand on.

Lapped cars either unlap or don't unlap, all or nothing.

Then, once all lapped cars have passed the safety car, the safety car comes in at the end of the following lap. Not the same lap as what happened today.

Michael Masi has thrown the rule book out to create a drama. It's unacceptable for him to arbitrarily change the rules like this.

Mercedes are right to be protesting the decisions of Race Control.
True. Masi ducked it all! There is no good outcome of this. The only way is to Masi to step down.
What are the possibilities? Give the title to Lewis? Say they can change the rules as they like? No winning from here to Masi.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
Totally understand why Mercedes are protesting and I agree masi handled the last lap awfully
But can they penalise max and effectively take away his championship because the FIA applied rules badly? That doesn’t seem fair either. I don’t know what a good outcome here is.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 10
Totally understand why Mercedes are protesting and I agree masi handled the last lap awfully
But can they penalise max and effectively take away his championship because the FIA applied rules badly? That doesn’t seem fair either. I don’t know what a good outcome here is.

It happens so often in football that a ref makes a bad call for offside or handball or whatever and that costs a team victory - that doesn’t mean the other team should be punished.

Mercedes should have pitted Lewis they’ve only themselves to blame for not doing that
 
  • Like
Reactions: 10
Totally understand why Mercedes are protesting and I agree masi handled the last lap awfully
But can they penalise max and effectively take away his championship because the FIA applied rules badly? That doesn’t seem fair either. I don’t know what a good outcome here is.
Also if the FIA openly says Masi is an idiot, it is easy to attack the whole season. The only way if he just steps down and they get someone new for next year.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
All I’m gonna say is whoooo Yuki P4!!!

Also @HaloGirl hope you’re okay 💕you’ve been quiet today, can imagine you’re fuming 😟
 
Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Like
Reactions: 7
Even if Mercedes feel aggrieved I don't think it's right to appeal the result like this.

Things go for and against you during the course of the season.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.