Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HaloGirl

VIP Member
Morning! I literally have no words for the absolutely farce that is Michael Masi. He simply has to go. It was simply heartbreaking to watch Lewis lose his title in those circumstances. He was so gracious in defeat. Is this setting a precedent for next year? On the one hand Masi talks about safety but then he didn’t allow the safety car to follow normal procedure. Charlie was so missed all season but especially yesterday.
I also don’t understand yet again Masi’s decision making. Why no overtaking of the safety car in lap 56 and then deciding it was ok for the final lap. Why wasn’t Carlos allowed the opportunity to try and fight for win?
I don’t agree with the team principals being able to speak to the race director because you don’t get that in any other sport so why suddenly in F1? These mixed radio messages are not helping F1 and the inconsistent decision making.
I was also really disgusted by Christian Horner “thanking” Nicholas Latifi and the safety car. Why would you thank a driver having an accident?
Anyway, that’s my two pennies worth.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Platformcrocs

VIP Member
I know we're only two races in but I think Charles is gonna be the one to beat this year. He's looking really strong and I don't see Carlos stepping up to rival him (yet?). Great for K-Mag to finish top 10 too, so glad Mazepin is gone not gonna lie.

Max has been around Karen Horner too much with all that whining 😑

Reactions: 19

potatowaffles

Hi, I’ve had a nap and calmed down so thought I’d check in with the thread lol. I’m beyond heartbroken for Lewis. What a mess. I totally get people wanting a new world champion but I just cannot stand Horner and competitive max. Their attitudes just suck IMO so I’m disappointed to see them win

I’ll take a joint win lol

Also don’t get me started on Jos ffs

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Heidi88

VIP Member
I think they should just accept it and move on

They don't look good doing this

Is it Toto behind this ? - he does seem to be pathological in his need to win.

Did we get to see him destroying any more furniture today?
:LOL:

according to BBC the decision in 5-10 minutes
Accept it and move on! Can you imagine Red Bull just accepting this and moving on if the situation was reversed. There is a process in place for teams to put in appeals and I dont see why they wouldnt submit an appeal just because it delays the annoucement of the champion. Any team would do it in the same circumstances.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

xoxogossip_girl

VIP Member
Could Max have bitched anymore that race?

He is terrified of the Ferrari. "His lights don't work, he crossed the pitlane line x 2, how did he get so close?"

Fair play to him but Charles is making him work for it. 🍾

• Haha
Reactions: 16

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Apparently Christian was straight over to Mercedes to offer handshakes. Trying to be a good sport, but definitely there to be a twat and wind up people.

Reactions: 16

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
If only Michael had the sense to red flag the race. Then we could've had the sprint to the finish he wanted. A 5 lap sprint with both on fresh tyres from a standing start. It was the perfect time for a red flag. That's all he needed to do.

Reactions: 15

Rayne

VIP Member
I'm only now watching the final episode of Drive to Survive. It brings back what a shitshow it was. How anyone can think that Max actually deserved to win the Championship like that is beyond me. And i say that as someone was was not a big fan of Lewis!

I also thought that George didnt come across very well in the episodes he appeared in.
I only finished it yesterday. Did we really need two episodes for George? No we didn’t and I agree he came across badly, I’ve gone off him quite a bit now.

We all know the best bit of the whole season was this
2CF6EE6B-73D5-4ECF-BF9A-E70D6B2D78E2.jpeg

I just want drive to survive ten episodes of Haas next year

• Heart
  • Haha

HaloGirl

VIP Member
I wouldn‘t be surprised if Lewis decides to retire or only do one more year. He doesn’t get the respect he deserves from the press, from the racing community etc. I feel so angry that a race director can interject himself like that. Either you stop the race behind the safety car which isn’t a great end to a fantastic season. Or you red flag it and make it an even playing field.

• Sad

namenotavailable

Chatty Member
I'd be sad if Lewis retires after all this. Been thinking about it loads this week. Despite them both being very worthy winners, I was rooting for Max at the weekend. My own opinion was that Lewis deserved to win the race on Sunday (if you look at it as an individual race), but for me personally, Max deserved to win the championship - no-one hate me please 😂 That's not to take away from the respect I have for Lewis as an amazing driver and sportsman. In spite of that, I can't deny that the decision making on Sunday was shambolic to say that least. Will be a sad day for motorsport for him to go like this and I'd like to see him come back for at least one more season and take the title. Hopefully he enjoys some down time with his family over Christmas and comes back with some fighting spirit. Lewis is a fighter and I can't see him wanting to go in this way 💜

Reactions: 14