Formula 1 #10

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So Esteban is apparently at risk of getting benched for a race. People have put footage up of his first lap, and he's overly aggressive with Pierre throughout it and pulls another stupid move sticking his nose into a gap that doesn't exist. This is when there have been team orders not to fight ever since they almost gave Famin a heart attack in Miami, and that was explicitly restated for Monaco.

I don't think they'd do it, particularly not at Canada where Esteban has a grid penalty that should separate the drivers nicely so they don't need to worry about another lap 1 incident. But if he does it again?

I think it's pretty obvious now that Esteban isn't staying for next year though. Eric Boullier says Pierre has already signed a contract with Alpine.
So is Esteban off to Mercs? Or where else can he go? Pierre stays at Alpine and if Yuki leaves/get told to leave he can go and join Pierre again. 😁
Love a merry go round!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
So is Esteban off to Mercs? Or where else can he go? Pierre stays at Alpine and if Yuki leaves/get told to leave he can go and join Pierre again. 😁
Love a merry go round!
Haas for Esteban. No way is Toto having him!

Yuki can keep up the tradition of ex Red Bull juniors going off to Renaultpine once they get fucked off with RB. Carlos, Daniel, and Pierre have paved the way.

Haas for Esteban. No way is Toto having him!

Yuki can keep up the tradition of ex Red Bull juniors going off to Renaultpine once they get fucked off with RB. Carlos, Daniel, and Pierre have paved the way.
Yeah more than likely after his weekend if shame Ocon might have lost his "big" chance with Mercs. Haas will love him!
Dunno if I missed it but if there "beef" between Carlos and Oscar? Something on Instagram said so but cannot say I noted it.

Reactions: 1
Yeah more than likely after his weekend if shame Ocon might have lost his "big" chance with Mercs. Haas will love him!
Dunno if I missed it but if there "beef" between Carlos and Oscar? Something on Instagram said so but cannot say I noted it.
I think the beef between them is a joke among fans, they kept coming across each other on track through one being blocked or the other, then the clip in Imola and the clip at Monaco. In the post race press conference they just said they're 'magnetic'.

I think the beef between them is a joke among fans, they kept coming across each other on track through one being blocked or the other, then the clip in Imola and the clip at Monaco. In the post race press conference they just said they're 'magnetic'.
Ah okay was trying to think of an issue. Love them both just lying on the top 3 couch 😂🤣 just waiting for Charles.

Ah okay was trying to think of an issue. Love them both just lying on the top 3 couch 😂🤣 just waiting for Charles.
I don't think Oscar's got the capacity to have beef with anyone, the guy doesn't react to anything when he's out of the car 😂 He's like a bombproof pony thanks to that year in the garage with Fernando and Esteban.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Carlos has said some dickish things about Oscar, but I think he's just jealous of Landoscar. And he misses Carlando time.

Carlos has said some dickish things about Oscar, but I think he's just jealous of Landoscar. And he misses Carlando time.
And he just seems to intentionally go after him, any other driver on the grid, Carlos gives a fair amount of space too…. I do think it’s jealously, not only just over his time with Lando but with his talent and position within McLaren that he looks like he could be the next world champion for them and he’s just nice. It’s a really odd beef pattern

And he just seems to intentionally go after him, any other driver on the grid, Carlos gives a fair amount of space too…. I do think it’s jealously, not only just over his time with Lando but with his talent and position within McLaren that he looks like he could be the next world champion for them and he’s just nice. It’s a really odd beef pattern
I find Carlos' spatial awareness fairly poor in general to be honest. Last year he was constantly getting in people's way on track.

IMO it's more that Carlos just keeps ending next to him because Oscar's on a run of form right now.

Esteban is every team principals worst nightmare, he just can’t control himself in a one on one situation with a teammate. It’s happened time and again and I’m not sure he shown himself to be quick enough to justify the drama

Reactions: 6
Esteban is every team principals worst nightmare, he just can’t control himself in a one on one situation with a teammate. It’s happened time and again and I’m not sure he shown himself to be quick enough to justify the drama
Especially with the other people on the market...
  1. Pierre. Similar stats to Esteban, the exact same age and experience and nationality, beat Esteban last year. Far less of a pain in the arse, far less negative press, and brings a few sponsors. No wonder Alpine's allegedly decided to keep him and give Esteban the boot.
  2. Carlos. Better stats than Esteban, not much older, more experience. Can be a bit of a pain in the arse, but brings positive press and big sponsors in Estrella Gallacia and Santander. No wonder Audi's after him.
  3. Valtteri. Better stats than Esteban, quite a lot older. Zero pain in the arse tendencies and happy to play the team game. No wonder Williams is after him.
I get that he got his way into F1 by being gritty and aggressive and out for himself, but it's now holding him back. No other driver keeps this mentality 7 seasons into this, even though so many others also struggled to get there.

Reactions: 6
Is Carlis really going to Williams?
Nah I doubt it, imo it’s just his team leaking it to give him more time because apprently Audi wanted him to sign by the end of May. He’s waiting for that red bull seat imo because Checco is about to sign but hasn’t completed it yet

Nah I doubt it, imo it’s just his team leaking it to give him more time because apprently Audi wanted him to sign by the end of May. He’s waiting for that red bull seat imo because Checco is about to sign but hasn’t completed it yet
I dunno as I keep seeing it. Bizarre choice if true. Does he know something we don't?

I dunno as I keep seeing it. Bizarre choice if true. Does he know something we don't?
In an interview last weekend he said he wants to go somewhere he’s wanted and feels valued, I think he’ll end up at Audi but maybe he doesn’t want to go that far back and believes in the potential of Williams? But I just can’t see it

In an interview last weekend he said he wants to go somewhere he’s wanted and feels valued, I think he’ll end up at Audi but maybe he doesn’t want to go that far back and believes in the potential of Williams? But I just can’t see it
Carlos is one of those drivers that teams he's raced for have never seemed to appreciate properly (McLaren excluded).

McLaren feel like the only team to have truly appreciated Carlos' position in the team.

And that's such a shame for a very good driver.

Reactions: 3
Apparently the Audi project is delayed when it comes to the engine so they’re not likely to be competitive. Meanwhile rumour is that the Merc PU is very good.

Not sure that I believe that Williams will pay him the same as Audi was going to though. By all accounts the Audi pay check was going to be huge.

Reactions: 3
Apparently the Audi project is delayed when it comes to the engine so they’re not likely to be competitive. Meanwhile rumour is that the Merc PU is very good.

Not sure that I believe that Williams will pay him the same as Audi was going to though. By all accounts the Audi pay check was going to be huge.
I give Audi one PU generation before they are pulling out of F1 and selling up. They've never really felt committed to F1.

Good Merc PU engine and good McLaren designers. 2026 the year of Oscar WDC. But only because McLaren are gonna start 2025 well and Lando is winning the title next season 😆

Reactions: 4
Esteban's dropped a statement.

Seems his PR are in absolute crisis mode. No doubt some of the contract discussions that were being had have cooled off in the light of Monaco.

Reactions: 5
The way the O and the 3 are in his logo make it look like EO91.
I don’t know why it matters that his teammates have been race winners, it’s definitely aimed at prospective employers and not the general public