Formula 1 #10

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So where does he go? I don’t know how many options he might have post RB that he should seriously consider except maybe Audi?
i mean, nowhere is an option 🤣 if RB feel he is no longer needed then i fully believe they have a get rid clause in that contract - the tone in which they speak about him is just over it now. could literally just be another danny ricc/mclaren situation. the argument has more weight due to the amount of incidents he’s had this season.

the fairy story RB wanted with checo is over, i think they realised they should have persevered with albon, they did a panic buy on de vries…. it’s more who would be willing to replace him rather than where does checo go.

Reactions: 4
Checo to Williams? Depending on if Logan carries on his current form.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
i mean, nowhere is an option 🤣 if RB feel he is no longer needed then i fully believe they have a get rid clause in that contract - the tone in which they speak about him is just over it now. could literally just be another danny ricc/mclaren situation. the argument has more weight due to the amount of incidents he’s had this season.

the fairy story RB wanted with checo is over, i think they realised they should have persevered with albon, they did a panic buy on de vries…. it’s more who would be willing to replace him rather than where does checo go.
I still think lando in 2025 or 2026. Danny ric might get a year for sympathy.
I feel like the 2025 grid could be completely different

I do feel sorry for zhou atm as he really does look at risk of being booted from AR! Which maybe feels harsh but maybe it’s not
---
Don’t think they can afford him. Think it’ll be Zhou to Williams and checco to 3rd driver (as Danny isn’t titled as a reserve) or out of the game altogether

Reactions: 2
I still think lando in 2025 or 2026. Danny ric might get a year for sympathy.
I feel like the 2025 grid could be completely different

I do feel sorry for zhou atm as he really does look at risk of being booted from AR! Which maybe feels harsh but maybe it’s not
i think lando ends up there too. marko is a huge fan we know, and he usually gets his own way 🤣 lando does seem to have genuine affection for and loyalty to mclaren - but it depends how long that lasts. i think danny ricc is absolutely going there for a sympathy seat until they can persuade lando.

zhou has done well enough considering everyone was calling him a pay driver but if it’s true that his sponsors didn’t come through and the results have been patchy…. i could see AR getting rid. i wonder who they put in there though as none of the current f2 generation seem ready.
---
i’d like to see a rookie in there tbh! i’m never a huge fan of just moving around second drivers - though the current rookie standard is poor.

i feel logan is absolutely gonna be a one and done though 🤣

i think lando ends up there too. marko is a huge fan we know, and he usually gets his own way 🤣 lando does seem to have genuine affection for and loyalty to mclaren - but it depends how long that lasts. i think danny ricc is absolutely going there for a sympathy seat until they can persuade lando.

zhou has done well enough considering everyone was calling him a pay driver but if it’s true that his sponsors didn’t come through and the results have been patchy…. i could see AR getting rid. i wonder who they put in there though as none of the current f2 generation seem ready.
---

i’d like to see a rookie in there tbh! i’m never a huge fan of just moving around second drivers - though the current rookie standard is poor.

i feel logan is absolutely gonna be a one and done though 🤣
Apprently the issue they’re having is, pourchaire. He is an AR junior and because it looks like he might win, apparently this has stalled the contract for Zhou

Apprently the issue they’re having is, pourchaire. He is an AR junior and because it looks like he might win, apparently this has stalled the contract for Zhou
theo isn’t ready imo. though, tbf, none of the current f2 generation look to be ready.

the stalling in zhou’s contract is really because all
the money his sponsors were supposed to bring to AR never materialised (or only a fraction of it did), and AR are allegedly pretty annoyed about that considering that the money is why he got promoted in the first place.

So where does he go? I don’t know how many options he might have post RB that he should seriously consider except maybe Audi?
I think he'll retire. A nice final duck you to RB. 'You didn't want me, so good luck trying to find someone last minute fuckers'!

I think he'll retire. A nice final duck you to RB. 'You didn't want me, so good luck trying to find someone last minute fuckers'!
They won’t have any trouble with that - Ricciardo will bite their hand off!

I can’t see Perez getting a drive at another team

Reactions: 3
They won’t have any trouble with that - Ricciardo will bite their hand off!

I can’t see Perez getting a drive at another team
Yeah, but Ricciardo wasn't stellar in his two outings. Now there's a surgery with healing time in the mix, and two tracks he's not raced on upcoming.

Ricciardo will want the seat, but he's shown nothing that he's capable of surviving in it!

Yeah, but Ricciardo wasn't stellar in his two outings. Now there's a surgery with healing time in the mix, and two tracks he's not raced on upcoming.

Ricciardo will want the seat, but he's shown nothing that he's capable of surviving in it!
Red bull will give it to him though just for the positive PR and goodwill he gets

In reality Max is running away with it so fast they don’t even need the second car to win the constructors!

Reactions: 4
Red bull will give it to him though just for the positive PR and goodwill he gets

In reality Max is running away with it so fast they don’t even need the second car to win the constructors!
Depends if anyone else gets their car in order. Plus Daniel's fans will turn on RB if he's abysmal, they've already decided McLaren bullied him 😂

Perez has said he's only going to stay for 2024 if there's an 'environment where he can contribute' to spanish media apparently. I really do think a last minute retirement is on the cards, and they're going to have to find a last minute replacement.

there is nothing red bull regret more at the moment than letting alex go tbh.

pierre was never the right fit but alex deserved more time and i think both marko and horner fully know that now. would be solving a lot of their problems anyway!

Reactions: 3
there is nothing red bull regret more at the moment than letting alex go tbh.

pierre was never the right fit but alex deserved more time and i think both marko and horner fully know that now. would be solving a lot of their problems anyway!
It would be terrible for both them and Alex if it didn’t work out for a second time though

I’m a big Alex fan so would hate for him to go back there and disappear into himself again like he did first time around

Their trouble is longer term really as I can’t ever see Yuki being right for RB and Liam obviously would need at least a season or two full time to prove himself

It would be terrible for both them and Alex if it didn’t work out for a second time though

I’m a big Alex fan so would hate for him to go back there and disappear into himself again like he did first time around

Their trouble is longer term really as I can’t ever see Yuki being right for RB and Liam obviously would need at least a season or two full time to prove himself
oh i don’t want him back there either! i’m loving seeing him thrive at williams where he’s appreciated!

it was more that i think red bull realise now that they treated him badly and rashly. yuki is never going to be the right fit for them, i agree.

I don't think Alex would be solving their problems in the slightest. Personally I think Pierre's faster than he is on pure pace, and Pierre's lows were nowhere near as bad as Alex's ("they race me so hard" will live in infamy, worst Pierre did was get lapped which every other teammate Max has had since also did). However Alex is far better at politics than Pierre and didn't piss people off as much! I imagine Lando would have similar issues to Pierre politically considering the way he speaks in interviews.

The RB car is the equivalent of how Marc Marquez's Honda bikes used to be. It's got such a very narrow working window that out of all of RB's drivers, they've only found one able to get on top of it, the same way no teammate of Marquez got on top of it. 2019 Marquez won and got 420 out of his teams 458 points for the year. It was ridiculous.

They either need to accept that like Honda did with Marquez once Pedrosa was sacked, and plan to basically run single handedly while switching drivers frequently in the hopes ones able to keep up. Or they need to think about why this car is so difficult to drive and risk adapting it away from Max's preference and losing that very special match.

Rumors are going around. Apparently yuki could go and it’d be Daniel and Liam at AT for 2024, I can see this. But they just need an AT reserve ready incase Daniel goes go up to RB

• Sad
  • Wow
I can see them binning off Yuki because there's no potential for progression with him. It's been 3 years and we haven't had the moment. RB had Pierre's 2018 Bahrain, Alex's 2019 Germany, and Checo's 2020 Sakhir. Those are the performances that got them into RB. Yuki's not had anything similar, his best is AD 2021 but obviously there were bigger things going on there!

It's a shame because I really do like Yuki and think he's really fun and would love to see him stay purely for my own enjoyment. I'd take a grid full of Yuki's over a grid full of boring fuckers like Oscar.

But Liam's looking too good to pass over for a seat, and I think RB will find it very difficult to sack Daniel when he's missed multiple races (Marko's thinking 4 minimum?) with an injury that he'll then need to recover from. They made damn sure Kvyat had a seat for 2017 after demoting him, at the expense of their juniors. I think they'll do the same for Daniel.

Reactions: 5
I can see them binning off Yuki because there's no potential for progression with him. It's been 3 years and we haven't had the moment. RB had Pierre's 2018 Bahrain, Alex's 2019 Germany, and Checo's 2020 Sakhir. Those are the performances that got them into RB. Yuki's not had anything similar, his best is AD 2021 but obviously there were bigger things going on there!

It's a shame because I really do like Yuki and think he's really fun and would love to see him stay purely for my own enjoyment. I'd take a grid full of Yuki's over a grid full of boring fuckers like Oscar.

But Liam's looking too good to pass over for a seat, and I think RB will find it very difficult to sack Daniel when he's missed multiple races (Marko's thinking 4 minimum?) with an injury that he'll then need to recover from. They made damn sure Kvyat had a seat for 2017 after demoting him, at the expense of their juniors. I think they'll do the same for Daniel.
tumblr_m52fwcYYt61qg5ea1o1_500.gif

Oscar is chill, not boring. 😆

Yuki might end up at AM if Honda get some influence on driver like up, and they decide to relieve Lance of his seat. But that would be a big departure for Laurence to drop his boy.

• Haha
Rumors are going around. Apparently yuki could go and it’d be Daniel and Liam at AT for 2024, I can see this. But they just need an AT reserve ready incase Daniel goes go up to RB
they won’t make life that difficult for themselves tbh. i don’t see yuki as a long term RB driver at all, but they gain nothing from playing needless moves at AT next season when they should be looking at their own second seat.

Yeah if RB want to meddle with AT they’d better off helping them with design/parts and making it easier to drive so young drivers can get some relevant experience not just having them on an endless merry go round