Fopperholic #30 it's good tattlers know what to do, without them I wouldn't have a clue

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The closest Ikea to her is closed..... it's my closest too and it's unlikely to re-open as they had announced it was closing before all this ....... but don't forget money no object for this budget mum :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I’m sorry that you live close by to the queen of ads.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Has this daft cow been to ikea then or what? Delivery charge would be near on the same price as that little table!!!
She’s probably had it delivered, along with a heap load of kitchen organisation crap for her next video ‘My new kitchen tour-10 tips for making the most of your kitchen island and organising your JD seasonings.’ 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Do you know what riles me up so much is, everyone makes mistakes. No one is perfect, no one. When something like this is going on, in some ways we have to learn new routines, get a new normal. But she seems to think she doesn’t, and when people offer advice/criticism she doesn’t take take it on board. Anyone else would. God she just gets me so annoyed

Reactions: 23
I’m sorry that you live close by to the queen of ads.
Not THAT close.... I'd say about 20 miles ! I do think she might of been the Area Manager/Team Leader (whatever she was called) for my SW consultant a few years ago.. in fact I feel I may of briefly been introduced when she sat in on a class - but I can't say I remember her :rolleyes: 😜😜

She's very quiet today - I would not be a bit surprised if she's gone to visit her parents....... she'll think she's done her 2 weeks and now she can mix with people again ! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: 21
She is probably filming her ah...mazing SW Quiz or window shopping to get her fix :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
On her sleep training (routine) video, time of 8.15 is where she admits using cry it out. There we are, mystery solved.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I live 10 mins drive away from IKEA, and the delivery charge is £35. Ridiculous!
Yeah we are only 10/15 too - we did pay to have a big load of bedroom furniture delivered because it was easier to have them pick/pack/deliver but normal stuff I'd take myself... bloody lethal Ikea is...... shame it's closing but better on my purse 😂 😂

Reactions: 10
Yeah we are only 10/15 too - we did pay to have a big load of bedroom furniture delivered because it was easier to have them pick/pack/deliver but normal stuff I'd take myself... bloody lethal Ikea is...... shame it's closing but better on my purse 😂 😂
I think with the bigger, more expensive items the charge is probably worth it, but sometimes you can easily pay more to have something delivered then the actually item itself costs!

Reactions: 6
I think with the bigger, more expensive items the charge is probably worth it, but sometimes you can easily pay more to have something delivered then the actually item itself costs!
Yeah it is ..... think the trauma of doing your own picking and all the heavy items it's easier to let them do it... tbf last stuff we ordered was over £500 ... I ordered it a 1pm and arranged for delivery next morning... they rang at 5pm same day to say it was ready and could they drop off - happy days !

Can imagine Fopps - £20 for the table and chairs and £35 delivery :rolleyes: :rolleyes: 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
On her sleep training (routine) video, time of 8.15 is where she admits using cry it out. There we are, mystery solved.
She definitely did cry it out. She’s lied a couple of times, sometimes saying they did the Pick Up Put Down method and then other times she says they did the Ferber method were you go in at increasing intervals. Both are meant to be gentler methods of cry it out sleep training but the fact she changes her story and doesn’t answer questions with straight answers tells me she did cry it out but doesn’t want to admit it.

Reactions: 18
She definitely did cry it out. She’s lied a couple of times, sometimes saying they did the Pick Up Put Down method and then other times she says they did the Ferber method were you go in at increasing intervals. Both are meant to be gentler methods of cry it out sleep training but the fact she changes her story and doesn’t answer questions with straight answers tells me she did cry it out but doesn’t want to admit it.
25 years ago when I was a 'first time mum' 😜 😜 we did the crying out with our son..... it was all so different back then.... he was 10 weeks old and ready to sleep through (he was on solids are 8 weeks !!).... first night he cried on and off for 2 hours.... we took it in turns to go and resettle him and the next night it was less than an hour and by 3rd night he hardly made a sound and settled straight off..... 12 hours straight though..... obvs the odd nights he was unsettled..... the other two were similar but middle one was hardest work and I remember walking streets with him in his pram at 4am (it was summer time) ..... was lucky all 3 good sleepers..... generally..... but did have bad nights too...... we all do things our own way and what works for one doesn't but just own it and be honest what you do..... and for a 'first time mum' some of her earlier videos she has a very superior attitude that she knows best even though she likes to say 'I'm not expert' :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: 16
I remember trying ‘controlled crying’ with my first son. It worked really well in the sense that he was crying in his room, and I was crying in mine 🤷‍♀️.

I definitely suffered from pnd and suffered a lot of the same symptoms as Nicki. I was overly controlling of my son (with sleep and food in particular), didn’t know how to play with him and/or didn’t want to, and distracted myself with superficial and really unimportant stuff to detract from my unhappiness bcos I wasn’t fulfilled by motherhood.

I’m not proud of that first year with him (although in the grand scheme of things he was fine and is a fantastic 12 yr old now bcos of a load of factors), but I do passionately wish that someone had helped me to accept my unhappiness and difficulty with motherhood and found a way to move forward sooner.

I wish someone would kindly step in to help Nicki. She is human after all and is, sad though we might find it, genuinely trying to do her best while probably being really really bloody sad inside. Most of the time I find her funny but ever so often I am just struck by how sad the whole set-up is.

*i dread to think how I would have been perceived if I had tried to convey that first year on social media*

• Heart
Reactions: 30
25 years ago when I was a 'first time mum' 😜 😜 we did the crying out with our son..... it was all so different back then.... he was 10 weeks old and ready to sleep through (he was on solids are 8 weeks !!).... first night he cried on and off for 2 hours.... we took it in turns to go and resettle him and the next night it was less than an hour and by 3rd night he hardly made a sound and settled straight off..... 12 hours straight though..... obvs the odd nights he was unsettled..... the other two were similar but middle one was hardest work and I remember walking streets with him in his pram at 4am (it was summer time) ..... was lucky all 3 good sleepers..... generally..... but did have bad nights too...... we all do things our own way and what works for one doesn't but just own it and be honest what you do..... and for a 'first time mum' some of her earlier videos she has a very superior attitude that she knows best even though she likes to say 'I'm not expert' :rolleyes::rolleyes:
I’ve nothing against any type of sleep training to be honest. I’ve just found it wasn’t for us, mainly because our wee one doesn’t actually wake up crying. She just wakes up full of beans and would just lie there for hours babbling away if we didn’t do anything. It’s down to pretty much once a night now and a couple of ounces of milk settles her back down until morning so I don’t really mind getting up. She’s slept through a few times so she’ll get there eventually.

As you say it’s each to their own. It’s her dishonesty I can’t stand. Just admit you did cry it out and give people honest advice on it if you’re going to do videos about it!

Exactly. If you’re going to have a superior attitude then own what you did/do, and tell the truth.

Reactions: 19
I remember trying ‘controlled crying’ with my first son. It worked really well in the sense that he was crying in his room, and I was crying in mine 🤷‍♀️.

I definitely suffered from pnd and suffered a lot of the same symptoms as Nicki. I was overly controlling of my son (with sleep and food in particular), didn’t know how to play with him and/or didn’t want to, and distracted myself with superficial and really unimportant stuff to detract from my unhappiness bcos I wasn’t fulfilled by motherhood.

I’m not proud of that first year with him (although in the grand scheme of things he was fine and is a fantastic 12 yr old now bcos of a load of factors), but I do passionately wish that someone had helped me to accept my unhappiness and difficulty with motherhood and found a way to move forward sooner.

I wish someone would kindly step in to help Nicki. She is human after all and is, sad though we might find it, genuinely trying to do her best while probably being really really bloody sad inside. Most of the time I find her funny but ever so often I am just struck by how sad the whole set-up is.

*i dread to think how I would have been perceived if I had tried to convey that first year on social media*
I keep thinking this. Feel a bit bad constantly calling her out. She needs to maybe word things differently and less defensively, she could just admit she was struggling and that would be fine! There would be a lot of people willing to help.

I agree, I have said a few times I believe she is suffering from PND and perhaps grieving her past life? Hence the breakfast by herself, constant me time worrying etc.

Kids are no joke. I still struggle with the fact my life has 100% flipped but when they're this age (3 + 18mo), they need me the most. My partner keeps reminding me that when we're 40 we'll be living the high life child free😂

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.