Fopperholic #108 Investigated again by the ASA and school choices haven't gone her way

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They did let 32 into my daughter’s class as two that appealed were on medical grounds. Over the years 3 have left.

Reactions: 4
Having a massive tantrum just because she doesn’t get what she wants . Oh my heart bleeds for her 😡She’s the most Selfish twit and thinks only of herself . She can take time to filter a picture though . Priorities ……. DRAMA QUEEN !!!!! How does she think parents cope when their partner works away for their job and the other parent has a Full time job including school runs every day . She considers nobody but herself . She never has and she never will.

Reactions: 12
I haven’t looked on this thread in ages but had to smile when I saw the title and that the lads hadn’t got into the school she wants. I assume the logistical issue means it’s further from her Mums as she was pretty much the main carer?
Couldn’t have happened to a better person 😈

Reactions: 16
This news has made my day can't wait to see how she copes with the school run.

My kids didn't get their 1st choice I was gutted at the time turned out to be a blessing. They love the school their at and are thriving. Doesn't matter what school they go to if you want to learn you do well wherever they go.

Reactions: 15
Let’s hope the appeal process is a ball ache and causes her more stress….but of course she’ll just make out everything is fine 🙊

Reactions: 13
With my first born (he's 9 now and going into Year 5 in September 😭) I always had a school in mind even before he was born. A Catholic Primary School, 18 mins walk from where we live (I don't drive) but just the tiniest and I mean tiniest fraction outside it's catchment area! (even though we technically lived closer than other areas in the catchment area for this school, it's a very outdated way to decide who's in the catchment but any way) The school was also overly Subscribed so chances of getting a place were slim to none and I was gutted to be so close but yet so far down the admissions list without much hope to be honest 😔 However I visited this school aswell as two other schools before filling in the admissions form. I spoke with the Headmistress telling her how much I'd always hoped my children would attend this school etc how both myself and my son were Catholic (I was also pregnant at the time with my Rainbow baby) I basically laid it on thick but it was all true anyway I also visited two other schools both in the catchment area one non catholic (closest to where we live, albeit only a difference of a 7 min walk between this and the 1st choice) and then the one furthest away but still in the catchment and a Catholic school.
The day came to find out which school place we had been given and would you believe we got our first choice, the Catholic school that was oversubscribed, that was out of the catchment area, that we came last in on the admissions list criteria! 🙏🏻
Anyway at the time my first born baby boy had been diagnosed with a speech disorder and had had speech therapy in the local community but it wasn't right for him. The second choice school had a Speech Therapist visit each week who firstly assessed children with speech problems then worked with them each week in school, the first choice school did not have any SALT in place (I only found out about this after getting a place at this school) anyway loooooong story short I did my research Fopps, I looked around all 3 schools that I was happy for my only son at that time to go to, I asked questions, I did reccys of the school run all whilst pregnant etc and in the end I turned down our first choice school (I had dreamt of sending my children here for years before they were even born, but turns out it's not about me and my dreams, who knew hey 😉) I chose the second choice school because it had better resources in place to help my son with his speech disorder!

Not sure many people turn down their first choice school and we were lucky our second choice had places and what a duck about that was declining first choice, applying for second choice as if we were late applying (I actually filled out the original form for a school place the first day you could so that sent my anxiety off the charts 😭) then waiting to hear if we had a place all over again 😅 but in the end it all turned out for the best my son got his place and after two years having SALT via the school he was discharged 🙏🏻 I now have 3 boys all in the same school (first and only choice for the 2nd and 3rd born) Year 4, Year 1 and Reception 🏫

I've been writing this for that long I've forgotten what my point was so if you've read this far thanks 😘😂

As for Fopps she has not a clue 🙄🙄🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 24
😂You never know Fopps the school the boys got into may have twin parking facilities for you and a service where a TA will help you with their bags. As you have twins don't ya know

• Haha
Reactions: 23
How can she say social media is her job? She's a total flap (flop) 🤣 she just posts the same tit day in, day out. Not a creative bone in her body. She's not an interesting enough person to make people want to follow her to be nosey. She's too guarded and fake. The people that do well open up every inch of their life to the camera. She's a total fraud.

I overheard someone say "salmon or chicken?" at the weekend and I had to stifle my laughter

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Did she not read the admissions criteria at all? If you choose the school in your catchment area AKA priority school… the likelihood is that’s the one you’re gonna get?!? It’s pretty much explained in the paperwork/on the website?

Funny how the 20 min drive to her precious gym every day isn’t a ‘logistical’ issue for her 🙄

Reactions: 20
How can she say social media is her job? She's a total flap (flop) 🤣 she just posts the same tit day in, day out. Not a creative bone in her body. She's not an interesting enough person to make people want to follow her to be nosey. She's too guarded and fake. The people that do well open up every inch of their life to the camera. She's a total fraud.
And take a day off every time things don’t go your way

Reactions: 17
Still no stories or posts....

I hope she started screaming and ranting at Chris about this and pushed it too far

• Haha
Reactions: 10
This is genuinely the first time I've seen something not go her way. 🍿 🍿 🍿

I still think she'll somehow wangle her 1st choice, annoyingly.

• Sad
She’s even said in her rant that the school they have been allocated is an excellent school. So she’s been offered an excellent school in her own catchment area - that would be most parents dream. The only reason she chose the others was for her own selfish reasons.

Reactions: 23
I think this will be the thing that she wont win, unless she moves into catchment.

Its incredibly difficult to win a school placement appeal. You need to prove they havent followed their own admissions criteria and admitted someone they shouldnt have. Unless the first school has lots of people drop out but again there could be people on the waiting list further up the criteria.

I watched a documentary about school admission appeals once and it shocked me. Im in Scotland so we dont tend to have these issues.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I have 5 children. Four of which I’ve gone through the school application process (youngest is only one) , never in my life have I ever heard someone complain and appeal when you have been offered an excellent school in your catchment area. The woman is actually insane! 🤯🤯🤯

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.