Footballers and Wags #40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not usually a email the club girl but this is so appalling.
And not to mention we'll have fans who have been in the same situation as Harriet or know someone who has. What does all this say to them?
Thats aslong as your good at Football & have money you can do whatever you want

Reactions: 16
I really hope he never plays again. Can you imagine the abuse he would get in a stadium.

Reactions: 15
Will they be able to buy him out with what's happening with the club being sold? I have a horrible feeling he will be back in
Could go 2 way.
The could buy him out so it could be easier to sell.
Or not care and just leave him be and let the new owners deal with him.

I'm hoping ten hag won't ever pick him so he never plays again

Reactions: 8
If he plays, I hope someone two foots him and I hope it hurts. Horrible little bastard.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
unless it’s a mutual decision to terminate his contract, legally, united won’t have a leg to stand on to let him go.

he will be back imo, because he seems the type to have the audacity to think because the charges have been dropped that he’s innocent. i’ve got no doubts in my mind that poor girl had been manipulated so severely she’s seen no other option but to drop charges.

either way this isn’t something that should be celebrated and them pricks on twitter need to think how they would feel if it was their mother/sister/daughter on those recordings.

sad that this is really common in football it makes me sick to my stomach.

• Sad
Wasn’t she still in contact with him recently and there was talk of accepting gifts from him too? (Please correct me if I’m wrong). That probably had some sort of impact.

Not victim blaming in any way shape or form here - that video was horrific, just wondering if that would have affected the CPS decision.

Reactions: 18
Wasn’t she still in contact with him recently and there was talk of accepting gifts from him too? (Please correct me if I’m wrong). That probably had some sort of impact.

Not victim blaming in any way shape or form here - that video was horrific, just wondering if that would have affected the CPS decision.
Not unusual I believe as victims have been manipulated/abused that much they often feel it's their fault. How many stories make the paper of Women being killed by partners they go back to after they hurt them once.

Reactions: 13
Some of the comments on social media though 😖 'good lad now get back playing' etc, saying he's been cleared. The charges were dropped because key witnesses withdrew and new evidence. Just because they were dropped doesn't mean he's innocent. The audio and the video of her bloodied face were awful.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
I think people are confused with what innocent is. Just because the charges are dropped doesn’t mean he’s innocent. They just can’t prove his guilt. Same in the Mendy case.

Reactions: 23
Not surprised by this. I think it was pretty clear from early on that the victim was not co-operating with the police and it seems likely the couple are back together. Prosecuting would just be a waste of money when there is virtually zero chance of conviction

I'm hoping some of our players are decent enough to have seen the evidence & speak out against him playing again. ( I'm sure it wont be public but at least behind closed doors)

Reactions: 6
I'm hoping some of our players are decent enough to have seen the evidence & speak out against him playing again. ( I'm sure it wont be public but at least behind closed doors)
Don't hold your breath

• Sad
Reactions: 12
What the actual duck Gary Neville actually liked these tweets

View attachment 1930054
I saw this and thought it was fake, but just checked his twitter and he did actually like them. I had respect for Neville but every bit of that respect is now gone, what a scumbag. Doesn’t he have young daughters too?? I would imagine it would be a completely different story if god forbid something like this happened to them.

I saw this and thought it was fake, but just checked his twitter and he did actually like them. I had respect for Neville but every bit of that respect is now gone, what a scumbag. Doesn’t he have young daughters too?? I would imagine it would be a completely different story if god forbid something like this happened to them.
Gary Neville is a dick. That's coming from a utd fan. Cannot stand the guy, to look at or to listen to. Like you said I'm sure he'd have plenty to say if it was involving someone he knows

Reactions: 20
There was more outrage from the media over Kurt Zouma kicking the cat than there is a rapist, domestic abuser having charges dropped.

As for Gary rat face Mr I’m a man of the people he’s just rotten always has been.

Reactions: 19
What the actual duck Gary Neville actually liked these tweets

View attachment 1930054
nazir afzal is the former chief crown prosecutor for north west england, he did a lot of work on prosecuting those involved in the rotherham abuse cases. I've listened to a few interviews he's given before and personally think these tweets are just him spelling out how the legal system operates - sure, technically greenwood is now an innocent man in the legal sense, even if evidence suggests otherwise - I don't think these tweets are him personally defending greenwood. however, I think gary neville probably doesn't know who nazir afzal is, and has liked it because he agrees with it, thinking it's a personal defence of greenwood

Don't hold your breath
arsenal's players seem happy enough to play with partey, unfortunately i can't imagine it'd be any different for man united players. absolutely grim isn't it, how can you be around and view these people as friends after hearing what they've been accused of?

also, i wouldn't be too surprised if ETH felt inclined to give greenwood a ""second chance"" given his comments on overmars (worked alongside ETH at ajax, many women at the club accused him of sexual harassment, he left ajax, ETH gave an interview saying he hopes that one day, overmars can have a 'romantic return' to the club...). personally hope greenwood rots somewhere, but given how other alleged abusers have been allowed to continue in football, i wouldn't be surpised if in a year or two, greenwood is back playing football...

But I assume as the charges have dropped they have no legal way to terminate his contract
Bringing the company into disrepute. Can cover just about anything and doesn't need the same burden of proof as a criminal case. It might go to a tribunal, but I think the club would win if it did.

Reactions: 6
I really hope he never plays again. Can you imagine the abuse he would get in a stadium.
He won’t get any, he will be back playing soon and welcomed back ‘the proper lad’…..
we had this in rugby a few years ago. That case went to trial and there was physical evidence that the sex was at least harmful given she had an injury. Jury said innocent and it’s as if it never happened. The poor lass had to move away, but his career had gone well since 🤷🏻‍♀️
look at ched evens too, he did get convicted and was welcomed back. You only have to see the emily stack thread to see people think pretty girls ask for it. And the poor menz can’t help their behaviour, despite the recordings of what he said.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.