Footballers And Wags #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Thoughts?
Don’t really get this, are the FA then going to request that all top 6 clubs rest their English players for the last round of games before the World Cup? There’s very few, if any easy matches in the premier leagues so I’m not sure what they are trying to do here.

Reactions: 9

Thoughts?
The entitlement of them to put the big six before every other club is annoying not surprising. What about the players who are non big six that still would go the World Cup?

“Sorry Conor, Wolves don’t meet the big six criteria so tough luck, Declan you play for West Ham so no big six perks for you babe,”

Well aware the Big Six fans will probably say I’m jealous and whatever but how can they not say they’re not the FAs favourites with stunts like this and getting away with the Super League?

Reactions: 18
Don’t really get this, are the FA then going to request that all top 6 clubs rest their English players for the last round of games before the World Cup? There’s very few, if any easy matches in the premier leagues so I’m not sure what they are trying to do here.
Hang on, have I misread this? I thought the tweet implied they didn’t want matches between big 6 clubs e.g Man City v Liverpool not that they didn’t want big six clubs playing at all which is what I’m reading elsewhere.

Reactions: 3
Hang on, have I misread this? I thought the tweet implied they didn’t want matches between big 6 clubs e.g Man City v Liverpool not that they didn’t want big six clubs playing at all which is what I’m reading elsewhere.
I didn’t think of it that way but would it make much difference either way? Or does it imply that they would be resting their players who may have international duties if they were playing against “smaller” clubs?
Well aware the Big Six fans will probably say I’m jealous and whatever but how can they not say they’re not the FAs favourites with stunts like this and getting away with the Super League?
I completely agree with you. The whole super league shambles seems to have just vanished. Jealousy doesn’t come into it at all - the bias towards the “big 6” (which wasn’t even a thing until Sky started banging on about it) is getting beyond a joke.

Reactions: 8
Since about 2018.
one of my favourite wags (not sure if this term is still used) and she is like Conor Coady's wife - naturally beautiful, well behaved and looks very well brought up and not flashy and not spendthrift. so happy for them both ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I read it both ways but it either way it’s bordering on match fixing and affecting the integrity of the league in my opinion. It stinks. Particularly when most of the England team don’t just play for them teams.

Just don’t have any games that week if they’re so worried about rest and injuries - they can play them midweek, the FA have that power.

Reactions: 6
I read it both ways but it either way it’s bordering on match fixing and affecting the integrity of the league in my opinion. It stinks. Particularly when most of the England team don’t just play for them teams.

Just don’t have any games that week if they’re so worried about rest and injuries - they can play them midweek, the FA have that power.
Exactly, if all of the top 6 are playing teams outside of the top 6 then at least half of the games that weekend would not be playing so scrap the whole weekend and rearrange them all for a midweek later in the season.

Reactions: 4
It's not that hard to decipher is it?

It means they don't want big 6 vs big 6 games on that weekend.

It’s ridiculous that they’d even ask- like I could say I don’t want Wolves to play Man City on that weekend as I think its unfair that we have to face Halaand right before our players go to a World Cup.

The schedule is the schedule. Any team can complain about it but it would kinda confirm that they are seen as “more important” than any other clubs if they get what they want

I didn’t think of it that way but would it make much difference either way? Or does it imply that they would be resting their players who may have international duties if they were playing against “smaller” clubs?

I completely agree with you. The whole super league shambles seems to have just vanished. Jealousy doesn’t come into it at all - the bias towards the “big 6” (which wasn’t even a thing until Sky started banging on about it) is getting beyond a joke.
See during the super league it was all “oh it compromises the integrity of the league if the ‘bigger teams’ can just do what they like” and now they’re basically saying yes they can actually.

What if Wolves play West Ham and it ends up an exhausting game and Rice and Coady are then exhausted.

Rice is apparently a £100M player so clearly he’s important but now it doesn’t matter cause West Ham aren’t ‘big six’

Last edited:
It’s ridiculous that they’d even ask- like I could say I don’t want Wolves to play Man City on that weekend as I think its unfair that we have to face Halaand right before our players go to a World Cup.

The schedule is the schedule. Any team can complain about it but it would kinda confirm that they are seen as “more important” than any other clubs if they get what they want

See during the super league it was all “oh it compromises the integrity of the league if the ‘bigger teams’ can just do what they like” and now they’re basically saying yes they can actually.

What if Wolves play West Ham and it ends up an exhausting game and Rice and Coady are then exhausted.

Rice is apparently a £100M player so clearly he’s important but now it doesn’t matter cause West Ham aren’t ‘big six’
I guess we shouldn’t play either cos Pickford is Englands no.1 and was arguably one of the most important games at the Euros 🙄 As you say, the schedule is the schedule and it’s meant to be a “random” computer generated schedule too…

In other news, Ben Godfrey is having a baby and i’m just off to grieve for 5-7 working days. Sick, devastated, throwing up

And Everton have invited Dynamo Kyiv to play a friendly over here to raise additional funds for support for Ukraine. We really are a class act off the pitch

• Heart
True, I mean England won’t want to play without No1 so guess Everton aren’t allowed to play either!

If it’s random, I’m the Queen 🤣.

That is amazing about the friendly! I hope they raise a lot!

• Haha
True, I mean England won’t want to play without No1 so guess Everton aren’t allowed to play either!

Exactly 🤪🤪

Hahahah we all know it’s not random but there’s only meant to be special things they can tweak outside of the computer such as not having Liverpool and Everton at home on the same day and United and City because of policing and proximity particularly for us

Reactions: 3
I guess we shouldn’t play either cos Pickford is Englands no.1 and was arguably one of the most important games at the Euros 🙄 As you say, the schedule is the schedule and it’s meant to be a “random” computer generated schedule too…

In other news, Ben Godfrey is having a baby and i’m just off to grieve for 5-7 working days. Sick, devastated, throwing up

And Everton have invited Dynamo Kyiv to play a friendly over here to raise additional funds for support for Ukraine. We really are a class act off the pitch
sorry Ben having a BABY. I did say the other day that I thought someone was due to have a baby… didn’t think it would be Ben

• Sad
Reactions: 1

But its never random up until a few years ago Liverpool and Everton use to always arrange so the first time they play each other it would always be at Goodison Park first and then Anfield would host the 2nd match and the premier league just went along with it. But now both clubs have just let it be random now.

Reactions: 2
sorry Ben having a BABY. I did say the other day that I thought someone was due to have a baby… didn’t think it would be Ben
i know !!!!! i didn’t want it to be Ben either hahahaha he’s so bleeping stunning

one of my favourite wags (not sure if this term is still used) and she is like Conor Coady's wife - naturally beautiful, well behaved and looks very well brought up and not flashy and not spendthrift. so happy for them both ❤
Michaela is - like myself - a baker! Although her cakes are far superior to mine.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.