Football Club Thread #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think City will win. I think theyve got great squad depth to see through any freak injuries, fatigue, suspensions etc.

All 3 teams in the running still have European games which will take its toll though. If City fail to beat Real Madrid or Arsenal fail to beat Bayern over both legs it may give then renewed energy to focus on the league.

I think Liverpool could win the UEFA cup. Not sure theyl have enough to get over the line for the league.

Im an outsider who doesn't support anyone so a nice last game of the season decider would be my preference. :D

Reactions: 4
City have the easiest run in unfortunately.
I agree and arsenal have the hardest. But city still have the FA cup so one extra game. Liverpool have the easiest non league fixture in the European league then city/arsenal do. I'd say Liverpool and city's run ins are pretty similar in terms of where the opponents are in the league:
Both have 4 of the same teams with I'd say city's harder having Tottenham away rather than west ham
- both have wolves at home
- both have west ham (although Liverpool away)
- both have Tottenham (city away)
- both have Fulham away
- city have the lower teams from the bottom 7 in Luton and Forest but Everton and palace are only 4/5 points off Luton in 18th

Maybe Tottenham and wolves will be the games to decide the winners seeing as all 3 teams still have to play them

Reactions: 2
I agree and arsenal have the hardest. But city still have the FA cup so one extra game. Liverpool have the easiest non league fixture in the European league then city/arsenal do. I'd say Liverpool and city's run ins are pretty similar in terms of where the opponents are in the league:
Both have 4 of the same teams with I'd say city's harder having Tottenham away rather than west ham
- both have wolves at home
- both have west ham (although Liverpool away)
- both have Tottenham (city away)
- both have Fulham away
- city have the lower teams from the bottom 7 in Luton and Forest but Everton and palace are only 4/5 points off Luton in 18th

Maybe Tottenham and wolves will be the games to decide the winners seeing as all 3 teams still have to play them
Maybe Arsenal having the harder games will work in their favour.

The main issue is like Ferguson's United in their pomp, even City's second stringers are top quality players who know how to get it over the line. Liverpool have great depth up front, Arsenal have a big drop off outside the starting XI.

Am I right in thinking if city/arsenal won the cl then 7th would get a EL place next season? Which would give west ham and united something to play for.
I just don't see Liverpool not winning any of there last 7 games, I see city drawing with Tottenham and same for arsenal Vs Tottenham and maybe united

Tottenham are inconsistent, theyve lost or drawn some games they should really have won. I dont know if I see them taking any points from City or Arsenal. Would be interesting if they do though.

I don't like the narrative that Liverpool should win the title just because its Klopps last season...

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Ai yoh. I know there are a few of us Leeds fans hanging around here. The word legend is often over used. But oh Stuey. It was an honour to have him with us. Gulp. 😒πŸ˜₯πŸ˜“πŸ˜° That goal at Man City. Those promotion celebrations behind closed doors until they weren't 🀫

Rumour has it he will stay as U21 manager.
But oh Stuart Dallas, he comes from Cookstown, but he was made to play at Leeds, he'll play at right back......

Ai yoh. I know there are a few of us Leeds fans hanging around here. The word legend is often over used. But oh Stuey. It was an honour to have him with us. Gulp. 😒πŸ˜₯πŸ˜“πŸ˜° That goal at Man City. Those promotion celebrations behind closed doors until they weren't 🀫

Rumour has it he will stay as U21 manager.
But oh Stuart Dallas, he comes from Cookstown, but he was made to play at Leeds, he'll play at right back......
Really sad news. Injuries can be so cruel. It would be really nice if he stayed on with the U21s.

He was an absolute legend in FPL one season too, when he was classed as a defender but was basically playing as an attacking midfielder for much of the season (owning him was part of the reason I ended up finishing in the top 25,000 that year).

Fantastic result for Plymouth tonight. To win a game with only 30% possession and not a single corner is impressive. Gutsy performance.

We are very grateful.

Tomorrow. Eeeek. πŸ’™πŸ€πŸ’›πŸ‘ŠπŸ»

This is very enlightening...

I've posted the video from when David Hodgson was manager of Darlington...
It's well worth a listen, if only to highlight the need for a Fit and Proper Person test.

Though the whole interview goes into the drinking culture at Liverpool in the 80's, and the psychological and managerial technique that made them so successful.

Reactions: 1
It doesn't appear anyone wants promotion.

I can't say I blame them.

It doesn't seem like anyone wants to win the league. The best outcome would be to win the league and stay in the Championship. Not a PL dogfight and relegation. I would be happy to stay in a competitive, VAR free, big 6 bias free league, tyvm.