Food & Drink

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had the lamb I didn't eat last night and some rice for breakfast. Since then I have eaten a, ummmm, number of foamy sweets since then. Good work all round I feel.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
My most naive moment was when I finally got my first back from scbu and it was our first night together on the ward- the midwife said to me ‘don’t let him go more than four hours without feeding’ so I settled him down and then settled me down ready for my nice 4 hour sleep- I got about 30 minutes before he was yelling! 😭😂

• Haha
Omg you’re so cute haha, just catching up on this thread this was a lovely message to read 🥰 I’m absolutely shattered I don’t know how women in the Jack thread carried round 10lb babies, their poor backs!

Ed is shooketh at the whole ordeal the midwives had to get him a seat by the window the other day and put his head between his legs during the birth plan because he had a funny turn hearing about the placenta. This morning he was horrified to learn me and baby share blood, and he thought collestrum harvesting involved him injecting my nipple with a needle to withdraw it like an oil mine so god help me.

Had some crunchy nut for breakfast but now want some orange juice and crunchy ice 🤤

I bought two sweet potatoes yesterday - I was just gonna make fries with them is there anything fancy you ladies would rather do?
Ed is going to get quite the shock when you're giving birth!

My son was 9 lbs 3 with a massive head. Still haven't forgiven him :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
omg sorry guys I've made baby talk happen - I've been told off on another thread for making it like mumsnet so I'll put this all behind a spoiler! It is lovely to chat about though, thank you, especially those that have made me giggle because I was a bit shakey yesterday after thinking about being induced early / slightly heightened risk of a c-section.

Pethidine?
You and baby have separate blood systems but the placenta transfers nutrients, oxygen and removes waste between the two systems. Some things are small enough to pass through the placenta membrane Inc drugs so that's why pethidine would effect baby too. I'm a bit of a placenta geek, always fascinated by them (midwife not weirdo 😂)

You're not an idiot, when I had my first before I was a mw I was shocked when the mw told me I had to birth my placenta. I thought it came out with the baby, a bit like a backpack 😆
lmaooo like a backpack, I just laughed and read this out to husband he laughed too but looks slightly haunted behind the eyes in remembrance that the placenta exists. That's amazing you're a midwife btw - and thank you for explaining, yes it was pethidine!! I'm not doing anything weird with mine though like keeping it or using it for arts & crafts.

Ed is going to get quite the shock when you're giving birth!

My son was 9 lbs 3 with a massive head. Still haven't forgiven him :ROFLMAO:
AHHH mega babies, is he tall now?! The blood lady said her 9lb 6 baby is 4 now and in 6 year old's clothes!!

The midwives think he's going to be a fainter, I've been back a few times since without him and they've cackled over it all. He absurdly wants to wear a go pro throughout (he's charging all his batteries for the hospital bag as we speak) - I pointed out he will never, ever want to watch the footage again but he's convinced it's a great idea.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
omg sorry guys I've made baby talk happen - I've been told off on another thread for making it like mumsnet so I'll put this all behind a spoiler! It is lovely to chat about though, thank you, especially those that have made me giggle because I was a bit shakey yesterday after thinking about being induced early / slightly heightened risk of a c-section.

lmaooo like a backpack, I just laughed and read this out to husband he laughed too but looks slightly haunted behind the eyes in remembrance that the placenta exists. That's amazing you're a midwife btw - and thank you for explaining, yes it was pethidine!! I'm not doing anything weird with mine though like keeping it or using it for arts & crafts.

AHHH mega babies, is he tall now?! The blood lady said her 9lb 6 baby is 4 now and in 6 year old's clothes!!

The midwives think he's going to be a fainter, I've been back a few times since without him and they've cackled over it all. He absurdly wants to wear a go pro throughout (he's charging all his batteries for the hospital bag as we speak) - I pointed out he will never, ever want to watch the footage again but he's convinced it's a great idea.
Laughing hard at this.

Listen to your wife, Ed! It is not a good idea 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I have no children but don’t mind some baby chat, I read it with a mixture of these faces 😮😫🤢😍

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Hahaha a go pro. I've never come across that yet. It'll be good for when he does go at the end and you get a good fainting shot

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Afternoon all, I’m really excited. I’ve been inspired by you lovely bunch and have just ordered Ottoleghi’s ‘Plenty’ and ‘The Green Roasting Tin’. I can’t wait to get them!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Afternoon all, I’m really excited. I’ve been inspired by you lovely bunch and have just ordered Ottoleghi’s ‘Plenty’ and ‘The Green Roasting Tin’. I can’t wait to get them!
Oh, I love Plenty. Please immediately make the roast garlic tart, the aubergines with buttermilk and those sweet potato wedges I linked above upon receipt.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

lmaooo like a backpack, I just laughed and read this out to husband he laughed too but looks slightly haunted behind the eyes in remembrance that the placenta exists. That's amazing you're a midwife btw - and thank you for explaining, yes it was pethidine!! I'm not doing anything weird with mine though

Perhaps you should ask him if he is definitely sure he wants a first person view of him hitting the deck :LOL:
I finally managed to get through to my GP (the one who knows me well and takes me seriously) today.
I have been having a concerning issue for the last four months but no one will examine me/keeps telling me it's all nothing and to just cope basically.
The receptionist was so horrid to me this morning I actually cried a bit after I got off the phone, and I am a right hard witch tbh. But later my Dr called me and she was immediately concerned and is arranging relevant imaging and I'm so happy and grateful bleeping hell.
I'm also getting to resume some of my usual hospital treatment next week so I'm just ecstatic tonight :love:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Perhaps you should ask him if he is definitely sure he wants a first person view of him hitting the deck :LOL:
I finally managed to get through to my GP (the one who knows me well and takes me seriously) today.
I have been having a concerning issue for the last four months but no one will examine me/keeps telling me it's all nothing and to just cope basically.
The receptionist was so horrid to me this morning I actually cried a bit after I got off the phone, and I am a right hard witch tbh. But later my Dr called me and she was immediately concerned and is arranging relevant imaging and I'm so happy and grateful bleeping hell.
I'm also getting to resume some of my usual hospital treatment next week so I'm just ecstatic tonight :love:
That’s so good - a relief I’m sure. Boogie like Julia Davis!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hahaha a go pro. I've never come across that yet. It'll be good for when he does go at the end and you get a good fainting shot
Our MWs laughed at it too, tbh his little am dram noises panting and heaving like at the appt the other day would be comedy gold after the fact, so I'm all for him filming hahaha
This is lovely news!! ❤

ALSO on the Jack thread - I know she thinks we're all jealous haus frau so I hate perpetuating that myth, but honestly wouldn't you just love to be able to go out and about like that away? I don't think it's a good idea don't get me wrong, but can't help but think how nice would it be to pop into a coffee shop and get a posh hot choc and a pastry and go for a walk around somewhere new! What would you eat/drink if you could have a city break somewhere?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Mr D is currently snoring in the corner of the settee with an equally snoring fluffy cat nestled under his ribs.

The cause of this? Apart from the stupid o'clock start time, I actually managed to get my first Ocado delivery since February. He therefore came in the door to be hit by the smell of cooking;

Four chicken thighs. Three cloves of garlic. One small red onion. Splash of Apple Cider Vinegar, about 2 tsp of soft brown sugar, drizzle of olive oil, tons of sea salt and masses of pepper, all put into the slow cooker and left to get on with it for about 3 hours on high, taking the lid off whilst some chips were baked and tomatoes sliced up so that the combined vinegar and juices combined to make an intensely savoury vinaigrette dressing.

Not sure whether I should wake him up or not. But he seems pretty contented for a change.

• Heart
Our MWs laughed at it too, tbh his little am dram noises panting and heaving like at the appt the other day would be comedy gold after the fact, so I'm all for him filming hahaha

This is lovely news!! ❤

ALSO on the Jack thread - I know she thinks we're all jealous haus frau so I hate perpetuating that myth, but honestly wouldn't you just love to be able to go out and about like that away? I don't think it's a good idea don't get me wrong, but can't help but think how nice would it be to pop into a coffee shop and get a posh hot choc and a pastry and go for a walk around somewhere new! What would you eat/drink if you could have a city break somewhere?
When I was younger (and not bonkers! 🤪) I went to New York and I often ‘go’ in my head and picture myself in a cafe overlooking central park where I had a chocolate brownie that was the nicest pudding i’ve ever eaten.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
If he does faint, it could be worth £250 on You've Been Framed ;)

• Haha
@heretoreaditall2019 I could go for a nice latte and croissant at the moment. It’s just not the same at home!

What is everyones fav shop bought pizza?
Sainsbury’s four cheese stuffed crust in the frozen takeaway section. We hadn’t had a shop bought pizza for a while after Asda stopped my favourite one but I fancied one the other week so gave that a go. It was lovely! Tried the bbq chicken one at the weekend and that was tasty too.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.