Food & Drink

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey fraus, anyone about? I’m sat up with my poorly old cat.
I don’t think she’s long for this world. She’s not interested in me comforting her. She’s always been a stubborn little thing and only wants strokes on her terms.

She sat with me earlier but she’s now hidden under my bed in her favourite bolthole. I want to get her out and stroke her but I think it will just stress her out. I’m trying to remember that will probably comfort me more than her.

I’d like her to slip away peacefully here at home so she doesn’t have the stress of the trip to the vets in the morning.
Oh, so sorry. I've done that watch with a couple of our cats before now. You know you are doing the right thing, letting her decide where she wants to be, but it's so hard. How are you both this morning? Hope the night was bearable.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Huge hugs to you ❤ It’s not easy to go through this with a loved pet. I’m dreading the day I need to go through this with my old moggy.

• Heart
Thanks fraus. You’re the best cabal in town.

The vet put her to sleep so she’s not suffering now. It’s bloody hard though, she’s been my little shadow for nearly 16 years.

I think I’ll stay away from the JM thread and any kitten talk today. Although the sight of those wigs did give me a chuckle last night. I’m hoping JM will do an extra good chaos later to distract me :)

• Heart
Reactions: 23

The vet put her to sleep so she’s not suffering now. It’s bloody hard though, she’s been my little shadow for nearly 16 years.

I think I’ll stay away from the JM thread and any kitten talk today. Although the sight of those wigs did give me a chuckle last night. I’m hoping JM will do an extra good chaos later to distract me :)
Oh big love to you. At least she’s no longer suffering and you know you gave her the best life possible for 16 years ❤

• Heart

Much love to you. I know people talk a lot about cats being aloof, and I do have one of that variety too, but my other one is my shadow cat and I know how special they are. 16 years is a long friendship, you should do all the crying you need to do and not feel at all bad for doing it. xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Sorry for derailing the thread for a bit with sad stuff. Back to pizza 🍕 and other good distractions.

Does anyone remember the Heinz baked bean pizzas in the late 90’s? I used to live on them when I was at uni. I wish they’d bring them back.

• Heart
Sorry for derailing the thread for a bit with sad stuff. Back to pizza 🍕

Does anyone remember the Heinz baked bean pizzas in the late 90’s? I used to live on them when I was at uni. I wish they’d bring them back.
omg I remember that it was lovely!

I also remember there being a sweet choc and marshmallow pizza back in the early 90’s. Think it was linked to a teenage mutant ninja turtle film 😂

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
omg I remember that it was lovely!

I also remember there being a sweet choc and marshmallow pizza back in the early 90’s. Think it was linked to a teenage mutant ninja turtle film 😂
No, no, no to baked bean pizza. That's because I hate baked beans though, not because I am particularly a pizza purist.

I was listening to a podcast the other day (for the life of me not sure which one it was) where they were talking about these. They were TMHT related and I'm sure there was an apple one as well. I used to beg my mum to buy them.

God, I really want to order pizza now. Not the good stuff, but greasy, full on Pizza Hut pizza.

Reactions: 8

I’m so sorry about your cat, she’s lucky to have had such a loving and responsible owner and an amazing 16 years. I do wonder if JM lurks this thread too, maybe she could make you a baked bean pizza... only if Hellman’s (or Heinz...) sponsor obvs

Also avoiding the JM thread today I’m already too angry for it to be normal 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.