Food & Drink

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What is everyones fav shop bought pizza?
Buying a flatbread and putting tomato, mozzarella and basil on the top - or goats cheese, rocket and mushrooms.

I detest shop bought pizza - my preference is spend 10 minutes knocking up some dough and then add said toppings for less than a fiver, rather than bang out fifteen to thirty quid on something that might turn up at some point this evening.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Those little Chicago town pepperoni ones that are probably made from cardboard and rat meat (I don't understand how they can be so cheap otherwise lol) but idc I love em.

I like to grate some extra cheese on top maybe put some other ingredients on if got anything lying round that needs using up like mushrooms/a bell pepper. They're absolutely nuclear hot in the middle though so a nightmare if you're starving but don't want to sear your taste buds off

I'm sad that few takeaways round my new city seem to have embraced the garlic pizza bread with cheese. I consider it superior to pizza.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm glad we're getting down to the important stuff.

My favourite posh-ish one is a Sainsbury's TTD one that has salami and chilli on it.

I think the Aldi frozen ones are good for emergency carb/fat needs.

I also like the tiger bread Chicago Town ones for an evening where I want something dirty to dip into garlic and herb dip.

However, most mid-range pizzas are acceptable to me, preferably when I find them in the yellow sticker section, if I add more cheese and plenty of chilli oil. I pimp all my shop bought pizza in some way or another.

Those little Chicago town pepperoni ones that are probably made from cardboard and rat meat (I don't understand how they can be so cheap otherwise lol) but idc I love em.

I like to grate some extra cheese on top maybe put some other ingredients on if got anything lying round that needs using up like mushrooms/a bell pepper. They're absolutely nuclear hot in the middle though so a nightmare if you're starving but don't want to sear your taste buds off

I'm sad that few takeaways round my new city seem to have embraced the garlic pizza bread with cheese. I consider it superior to pizza.
tit yeh, I love those little Chicago Town pepperoni ones too.

A pizza place local to me does cheese and marmite garlic pizza bread, which is absolute bloody heaven.

• Heart
  • Haha
I'm glad we're getting down to the important stuff.

My favourite posh-ish one is a Sainsbury's TTD one that has salami and chilli on it.

I think the Aldi frozen ones are good for emergency carb/fat needs.

I also like the tiger bread Chicago Town ones for an evening where I want something dirty to dip into garlic and herb dip.

However, most mid-range pizzas are acceptable to me, preferably when I find them in the yellow sticker section, if I add more cheese and plenty of chilli oil. I pimp all my shop bought pizza in some way or another.
Oooh I love the Chicago town tiger bread ones. I used to buy Aldi's but since having the Chicago town I dont know if I can go back to that :giggle:

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I thought you were talking about placentas there for a second 🤣🤣
Me too, was very confused.

Afternoon all, I’m really excited. I’ve been inspired by you lovely bunch and have just ordered Ottoleghi’s ‘Plenty’ and ‘The Green Roasting Tin’. I can’t wait to get them!
The Green Roasting Tin is great. I bought it via a recommendation here, I now cook at least 2 recipes from it a week.
If you use the ready made puff pastry, don’t do what it did - throw away the grease proof paper it came in and then cut a new piece to line the tin🙄

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I’ve never heard of tiger bread pizza 😍😍

My fave is the veggie one on the Asda pizza counter which I’ll pimp with chilli flakes/jalapeños.

Reactions: 5
omg sorry guys I've made baby talk happen - I've been told off on another thread for making it like mumsnet so I'll put this all behind a spoiler! It is lovely to chat about though, thank you, especially those that have made me giggle because I was a bit shakey yesterday after thinking about being induced early / slightly heightened risk of a c-section.

lmaooo like a backpack, I just laughed and read this out to husband he laughed too but looks slightly haunted behind the eyes in remembrance that the placenta exists. That's amazing you're a midwife btw - and thank you for explaining, yes it was pethidine!! I'm not doing anything weird with mine though like keeping it or using it for arts & crafts.

AHHH mega babies, is he tall now?! The blood lady said her 9lb 6 baby is 4 now and in 6 year old's clothes!!

The midwives think he's going to be a fainter, I've been back a few times since without him and they've cackled over it all. He absurdly wants to wear a go pro throughout (he's charging all his batteries for the hospital bag as we speak) - I pointed out he will never, ever want to watch the footage again but he's convinced it's a great idea.
Aww it used to annoy me on another thread when people would try and shut down a discussion with cries of "Mumsnet". Usually people wouldn't be going way off topic it was just a natural progression in the conversation, in the same way that pets get referenced, partners, jobs, gardens, dinners etc etc. Some people can be rude.

Shop bought pizza, I like the 'takeaway' style ones where the dough is raw and you bake at home, makes for a much nicer base I think. Usually found in the frozen section.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I once had one of those stuffed crust pizzas from sainsbos and it had a macaroni cheese topping. I literally sat here thinking ‘and this is why I’m single’.

V much looking forward to seeing this go pro footage of Dora the explorer Eagle Edwards with her backpack on

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I’ve never heard of tiger bread pizza 😍😍

My fave is the veggie one on the Asda pizza counter which I’ll pimp with chilli flakes/jalapeños.
Neither, where else has tiger brad pizza?? Need to find this ASAP as I love tiger bread! My fav thing to do with cheap pizza is to add more tomato sauce (homemade if I cba , shop bought if not) but also as someone else said chilli oil ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hey fraus, anyone about? I’m sat up with my poorly old cat.
I don’t think she’s long for this world. She’s not interested in me comforting her. She’s always been a stubborn little thing and only wants strokes on her terms.

She sat with me earlier but she’s now hidden under my bed in her favourite bolthole. I want to get her out and stroke her but I think it will just stress her out. I’m trying to remember that will probably comfort me more than her.

I’d like her to slip away peacefully here at home so she doesn’t have the stress of the trip to the vets in the morning.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I love pretty much all the Crosta & Mollica ranges.
I get their 'ready to top' pizza bases and load them up with veggies :love: They do delicious Tarallini too.

I don’t think she’s long for this world. She’s not interested in me comforting her. She’s always been a stubborn little thing and only wants strokes on her terms.

She sat with me earlier but she’s now hidden under my bed in her favourite bolthole. I want to get her out and stroke her but I think it will just stress her out. I’m trying to remember that will probably comfort me more than her.

I’d like her to slip away peacefully here at home so she doesn’t have the stress of the trip to the vets in the morning.
Oh no, I'm sorry, that must be really hard. I'm sure you know her well though and will have done your very best by her. It sounds like you think about her needs before your own, like a truly loving cat owner. I hope it's as peaceful as possible an end for her if it is indeed coming to that, and that you're ok too. 💛

• Heart
Reactions: 10

I’m so sorry @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon, I lost one of my cats a few months ago and it is beyond heartbreaking.
How is she (and you) doing this morning? Xxxxx

• Heart
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.