Food & Drink

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love a tea loaf withthe fruit soaked in tea and then add grated orange rind and mixed spice to the batter. Orange marmalade also works.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
When lockdown started, all the nice takeaways near me were shut which was tough as I'd pictured myself gorging on takeaways most evenings. Thankfully in the last month or so, the good ones have re-opened. I can kid myself it's because I like the plastic tubs...

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I made the kids chicken and sugo pasta, I had chicken with red peppers and green lentils...trying to be healthy!

Reactions: 4
I had a grilled chicken burger with about half a bottle of the above mentioned chipotle mayo!

Tomorrow we’re trying the caramelised pork bowls that someone recommended here (I think it was this thread)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
God I love Gypsy Tart 🤤
Babe, same! We used to have it as pudding with custard for school dinners many years ago.

What's everyone having/had for dinner? I've got some lamb marinading in yoghurt, garlic, ginger, chilli, cumin and coriander in the fridge, but have reached the point in the evening where I feel too lazy to get up and cook it. Already fed the teen an avocado, bacon and tomato wrap, so it's only me to feed and I am not sure I can be bothered. I normally absolutely love food and cooking, but I feel like I have just had enough of producing food everyday atm.
[/QUOTE]

I had mushroom and pea risotto leftovers with some sautéed chicken pieces added and a strawberry yoghurt for pudding.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Nobody has any energy left for cooking anymore in this house. My kids have been so stuffed with banana bread and big meals every day, that they are very very fortunate to barely be interested in dinner the last few days. Such a luxury to have food and drink at our fingertips, it’s something I delight in every day, what a privilege! Today we had a nice sourdough from the co-op, with some olive oil and balsamic to dip, some lovely ripe tomatoes and other crudités and dips to pick at. We’ve gone from lockdown fatigue, to constantly being in parks fatigue. I’m waiting for the no fatigue bit, when’s that’s coming??

• Haha
Reactions: 14
What's everyone having/had for dinner? I've got some lamb marinading in yoghurt, garlic, ginger, chilli, cumin and coriander in the fridge, but have reached the point in the evening where I feel too lazy to
I love tea loaf. I might make my other half (and me, by happy coincidence) some for the weekend.

What's everyone having/had for dinner? I've got some lamb marinading in yoghurt, garlic, ginger, chilli, cumin and coriander in the fridge, but have reached the point in the evening where I feel too lazy to get up and cook it.
Sounds delicious. Was supposed to be having quesadillas but couldn’t face cooking tonight, so had it’s poor cousin - cheese on toast. Feeling hungry again though... may have to go back to the kitchen

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I had a chicken burger, chicken thighs were marinated in soy sauce, honey, garlic and pepper. With 2 slices of Gouda, roast mushrooms, tomato and lettuce with plenty of mayo in a white bap.

Reactions: 13
I am loving curry chicken/goat with rice&peas and plantain atm. Making that again next week. Definitely a craving at the moment 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Omg @Toffee finger I hope you enjoy the pork, it's great and so easy - it's become my non-cooking boyfriend's signature dish.

So excited for babyheretoreaditall @heretoreaditall2019 - she's going to be fearsomely smart like her mum and look as good in a ski suit as our Ed.

I went to my friend's house tonight and she made mussels with soffritto and a white wine sauce - they were bangin and it was so nice to just show up with a bottle and be looked after.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I am loving curry chicken/goat with rice&peas and plantain atm. Making that again next week. Definitely a craving at the moment 😍
I love curry goat 😋. We make a lamb version often at home (as nowhere sells goat ☹) which is scorching hot with scotch bonnets, rich and delicious 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 13
What chilli powder do you use?
I really need to buy more, but normally just the regular supermarket chilli powder (I think there's a 'hot' version too, but I'm not in the UK anymore) Today, I fudged it with some chilli flakes and paprika 😂

Reactions: 4
Does anyone here ferment anything? My shopping is due today and in it are the ingredients for a new batch of Kimchi ☺
Will post photos of the making later if anyone's interested x

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.