Food & Drink #8 I like ALL the things

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh @Alansbigplate I love opening a fresh Nutella jar, so just say the word and I'll rip off all future gold foil bits for you!

Another for the list: the sound of an orchestra warming up, when they're all just squeaking away.
It’s that tin foil feeling!
well, Covid test all done dusted. So bizarre!
Drove 25 miles away to empty carpark. Only staff there, no other patients. We had to test ourselves and kept gagging which made us laugh.
Lots of sealing things in bags and being zapped by QR machines. Other than the debacle of getting booked in it was all really well run and everyone was really friendly and helpful.
Glad you’re sorted did they say how long for results? I’d worry I hadn’t done it properly doing it myself like I once tried an at home allergy test with a finger prick thing and there wasn’t enough blood to test

cryogenically frozen
Your turn of phrase just tickles me

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Ooh ooh ‘Hedwig’s theme’ makes me just shiver and feel excited and happy
I read somewhere that not everyone gets music shivers which blows my mind. They're the best. When I stumbled across that impromptu orchestra concert the other day, hearing the Allegretto from Beethoven's 7th (the famous one) was just like wave after wave of chills - it was basically a music orgasm 😳. Hadn't heard an orchestra in so long!!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I read somewhere that not everyone gets music shivers which blows my mind. They're the best. When I stumbled across that impromptu orchestra concert the other day, hearing the Allegretto from Beethoven's 7th (the famous one) was just like wave after wave of chills - it was basically a music orgasm 😳. Hadn't heard an orchestra in so long!!
Yes the depth of sound and like @MarmiteExtract said the squeaky anticipation. It’s sort of primordial (sp?)

I don’t listen to music generally because I find it TOO emotionally triggering and I’m already on a bloody emotional rollercoaster most days

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Glad it’s done @MooBelle and fairly straightforward after all the hassle!

My favourite feeling is cleaning my ears. I’m a very bad person who uses cotton buds and I know I shouldn’t but it just feel so good (I also do it far too often, especially if I’m stressed).

Also getting a bit of popcorn skin or something out of my gum if it’s been stuck, that feeling once it’s out is so good (Sorry that’s disgusting!).

Or my husband stroking my bare lower back, the dippy in bit.

Favourite sounds are more difficult, I have issues with sound, outside of music! Maybe my child singing when he doesn’t know I’m listening 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 15
love going down frozen aisles and feeling your outer layer get cryogenically frozen, Marks’ frozen aisles are the best at this, same with corner shops that have gone mad with the air con
Haha I used to love going into the massive freezer at Waitrose and just standing there until you feel your nostril hair freeze over :ROFLMAO: - worked brilliantly for a hangover too!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

My favourite feeling is cleaning my ears. I’m a very bad person who uses cotton buds and I know I shouldn’t but it just feel so good (I also do it far too often, especially if I’m stressed).

Also getting a bit of popcorn skin or something out of my gum if it’s been stuck, that feeling once it’s out is so good (Sorry that’s disgusting!).

Favourite sounds are more difficult, I have issues with sound, outside of music! Maybe my child singing when he doesn’t know I’m listening 💕
I’m a cotton budder too, wish I had a dippy in bit though 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Emotional fraus - last night cried at an advert for some sort of cake mixer because it showed a first birthday cake then a 21st, cried cos baby will be 21 one day. Teary eyed writing this out now 😂

Noises & feelings:
There’s a fab white noise app and I used to listen to the tumble dryer to read in public / at my desk at work, so that (they have LOADS of sounds including baby ones)

Certain stretches of the central line where it’s REALLY noisy and shakey, luv that return to the womb x entering a new dimension moment

love going down frozen aisles and feeling your outer layer get cryogenically frozen, Marks’ frozen aisles are the best at this, same with corner shops that have gone mad with the air con

Feet in sea or rivers (missed this the most this year)
Re feet in rivers, if you have a hose outside, then run it over your feet. It’s great to cool down. And you could get a baby paddling pool now, ready for next year, and splash your feet in that.

Reactions: 11
As someone who's had ear issues and lots of ENT appointments over the years, you lot with your cotton buds and bobby pins (!) are making me shudder 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

cleaning my ears with a bobby pin is fab!
Also, quite by accident I founds that putting my feet in a bag of corn is lovely!!!
Friend has chickens and she had a huge sack of dried corn for them. Don't remember why i put my feet in but it felt lovely!!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20

omg YES to ear cleaning! It’s worth the dance with death tbh it just feels so good 🤤

however A BOBBY PIN???

• Haha
Reactions: 17
1-5 days but the lady said it will probably be tomorrow morning
Our school suddenly randomly started putting loads of work on the homework app for people working at home and I was like huh but apparently it’s for kids isolating so I guess it’s whole families having to do it with no positive test yet. So quickly the whole thing has tumbled down

• Sad
Emotional fraus - last night cried at an advert for some sort of cake mixer because it showed a first birthday cake then a 21st, cried cos baby will be 21 one day. Teary eyed writing this out now 😂

Noises & feelings:
There’s a fab white noise app and I used to listen to the tumble dryer to read in public / at my desk at work, so that (they have LOADS of sounds including baby ones)

Certain stretches of the central line where it’s REALLY noisy and shakey, luv that return to the womb x entering a new dimension moment

Feet in sea or rivers (missed this the most this year)
omg that central line thing terrifies me, no matter how many times i go on it i always envision we are about to crash!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Putin has a man (well, a 50% cat) on the inside!!!
Hercules Mulligan?

I agree with a lot of these feelings/sounds. Especially the rain.

My main favourites
Feelings -
The heat/smell/sounds as I walk out of MCO airport having just landed for a lovely holiday.
Horse riding, all the feels but in particular jumping off after a lovely long hack and feeling all refreshed and calm.

Sounds -
Crickets chirping
Horses hooves clip clopping

@Switchstreetz im glad you said that about games consoles. My first thought was the sound of my Xbox coming on but thought that might be too weird to admit 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Yes the depth of sound and like @MarmiteExtract said the squeaky anticipation. It’s sort of primordial (sp?)

I don’t listen to music generally because I find it TOO emotionally triggering and I’m already on a bloody emotional rollercoaster most days
I love music but never understand people who can fall asleep/study when listening to it, I find it to involving and cannot concentrate on anything else!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Our school suddenly randomly started putting loads of work on the homework app for people working at home and I was like huh but apparently it’s for kids isolating so I guess it’s whole families having to do it with no positive test yet. So quickly the whole thing has tumbled down
Just caught up on the MT ☹❤❤❤❤

My husband’s mate’s daughter went back to school and has started showing symptoms, whole family now have symptoms and are isolating, and can’t get tests. I can’t understand how the school can remain open? Surely the whole class and their families should now be isolating too...?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
random and totally unrelated, but I am looking for a nice set of espresso cups for a present, I have looked in the usual places, John Lewis, etsy, amazon and cannot find anything I like, anyone have any suggestions?? (I am not exactly sure what style I want but not anything with a brand name on)

Reactions: 6
random and totally unrelated, but I am looking for a nice set of espresso cups for a present, I have looked in the usual places, John Lewis, etsy, amazon and cannot find anything I like, anyone have any suggestions?? (I am not exactly sure what style I want but not anything with a brand name on)
Was gonna say Etsy then noticed it what about not on the high street? I usually go to Home Sense

Just caught up on the MT ☹❤❤❤❤
I feel like I killed it 😂🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.