Food & Drink #8 I like ALL the things

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a topic for us all. Thinking of what @Falkor said about fountain pens, that little squick of sensation and sound when you put a cartridge in, how ace was that?

Favourite feelings/sounds?

I would say keep it clean but nobody seems to mind what we talk about which is great.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
I have a topic for us all. Thinking of what @Falkor said about fountain pens, that little squick of sensation and sound when you put a cartridge in, how ace was that?

I would say keep it clean but nobody seems to mind what we talk about which is great.

Favourite sound has to be that of a lawnmower in the distance on a sunny day. Gives me such a blissed-out summery vibe.

Runner-up would be Jamie Dornan’s voice/accent (am currently watching The Fall and am besotted).

ETA if only gifs had sound!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Ooh, so many.

The rain on a sunroof (or any glass roof - would love a conservatory one day!)

Doves cooing in the pines on a late sunny afternoon.

The way the wind sounds like a ghost sometimes (I was terrified of the wind as a child for this reason, so it still makes the hairs on the back of my neck rise).

A foghorn in the distance.

The sound of stream water when you're lying in your tent at night.

Wimbledon on TV in the background.

The flaps being extended on a plane's wing (I'm always terrified they'll forget after watching an episode of Aircrash Investigation where they crashed cos of that so it's a very calming sound).

A train going over you when you're under a bridge.

And nope, I can't think of any sex noises that I particularly like :ROFLMAO: - you can't convince me that squelchy noise or the skin slapping sound is sexy!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
The sound and sensation of of scissors gliding through wrapping paper.

The crunch of snow compressing underfoot.

The sound of night trains trundling along in the distance.

When I used to work at B&Q I'd love going to the chain aisle and feeling the sensation of lifting chains up from the bottom using the palm of my hand... weird one?!

The sensation of someone very lightly stroking your forearms - could do that to myself all day tbh 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Oh, I forgot my absolute favourite sound - European train announcements! Just love those jaunty jingles and the different languages and voices (especially Russian) :love:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
the sound of waves in the sea
the noise of tennis balls hitting the raquet
cats' purring

• Heart
Reactions: 14

One I absolutely HATE is taking the gold lid off Nutella that just goes through me

favourite sensation is knowing there are footsteps and small noises upstairs because girl is in her room

Favourite sound has to be that of a lawnmower in the distance on a sunny day. Gives me such a blissed-out summery vibe.

Runner-up would be Jamie Dornan’s voice/accent (am currently watching The Fall and am besotted).

ETA if only gifs had sound!

Ooh he’s gorgeous in the fall so much sexier than in that American rubbish

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I am 😍😍😍 with all of these.

I’ll add, the ‘pop’ of a paint lid with that little release of the pressure inside.

The first squeeze of a hug when you can almost feel love get inside you.

Ah frauen. 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Waves
Rain outside when you're warm in bed
Fire crackling
Idk how to spell it but the sound of wind in the trees making the leaves shake ("psithurism"?)
The crack of someone opening a can of pop or something
The startup sound of the different games consoles ive had through the years (shout out to the gameboy colour's little "blu-bleep" and the xbox 360)

I love when you have a good set of headphones and you can just really listen to a song and hear the parts of the instrumentals youd never noticed before.

God i miss hugs ☹ i think ive had like three since march, bloody covid! 😄

• Heart
Waves
Rain outside when you're warm in bed
Fire crackling
Idk how to spell it but the sound of wind in the trees making the leaves shake ("psithurism"?)
The crack of someone opening a can of pop or something
The startup sound of the different games consoles ive had through the years (shout out to the gameboy colour's little "blu-bleep" and the xbox 360)

I love when you have a good set of headphones and you can just really listen to a song and hear the parts of the instrumentals youd never noticed before.

God i miss hugs ☹ i think ive had like three since march, bloody covid! 😄
Ooh ooh ‘Hedwig’s theme’ makes me just shiver and feel excited and happy

have a hug, I don’t get many either but can spare one 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 13
well, Covid test all done dusted. So bizarre!
Drove 25 miles away to empty carpark. Only staff there, no other patients. We had to test ourselves and kept gagging which made us laugh.
Lots of sealing things in bags and being zapped by QR machines. Other than the debacle of getting booked in it was all really well run and everyone was really friendly and helpful.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Oh @Alansbigplate I love opening a fresh Nutella jar, so just say the word and I'll rip off all future gold foil bits for you!

Another for the list: the sound of an orchestra warming up, when they're all just squeaking away.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Emotional fraus - last night cried at an advert for some sort of cake mixer because it showed a first birthday cake then a 21st, cried cos baby will be 21 one day. Teary eyed writing this out now 😂

Noises & feelings:
There’s a fab white noise app and I used to listen to the tumble dryer to read in public / at my desk at work, so that (they have LOADS of sounds including baby ones)

Certain stretches of the central line where it’s REALLY noisy and shakey, luv that return to the womb x entering a new dimension moment

love going down frozen aisles and feeling your outer layer get cryogenically frozen, Marks’ frozen aisles are the best at this, same with corner shops that have gone mad with the air con

Feet in sea or rivers (missed this the most this year)

• Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.