Food & Drink #8 I like ALL the things

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a topic for us all. Thinking of what @Falkor said about fountain pens, that little squick of sensation and sound when you put a cartridge in, how ace was that?

Favourite feelings/sounds?

I would say keep it clean but nobody seems to mind what we talk about which is great.

Feelings:
My feet sinking into the sand as the waves wash over them (did this today - it was heaven).
I like it when you’re on a boat and it’s choppy and the boat is rocking/moving with the waves.

Sounds:
As above the sounds of waves
The sound of rain and/or thunderstorms when you’re safely tucked up inside
Leaves - when they’re super crispy in autumn and crunch as you walk through them

The first cry of my son as he born as it was the realisation he was actually here so to speak but also the realisation of the fact I had my baby after not knowing if I ever would due to my endometriosis.

Sounds I hate - zips, they put my teeth on edge even just thinking about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
@emm on cups my coffee obsessed husband buys stuff from here: https://www.loveramics.com/pages/coffee they seem to be the official cup of some coffee competition (lolll)? I got him some le crueset from TK Maxx in lockdown (they seek to have a lot on there at the mo?) that he loves. I was tempted to get one of the big jugs for flowers!

omg I’m glad neither of you have symptoms but how scary! I think you only get tests if you have symptoms, absurdly had a Facebook ad telling me this last night! x
thank you will look!!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
God what a faff it all is hope you don’t have the ‘rona
Thank you. My husband is of the impression that it might not be genuine because he said he took his temperature and apparently everything was fine but it still means we’re having to isolate just in case. I’m doing a list of people I’ve been near thankfully it’s just been work but you don’t realise how many people it can effect. The arsey new girl is probably making a voodoo doll of me as I type.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Thank you. My husband is of the impression that it might not be genuine because he said he took his temperature and apparently everything was fine but it still means we’re having to isolate just in case. I’m doing a list of people I’ve been near thankfully it’s just been work but you don’t realise how many people it can effect. The arsey new girl is probably making a voodoo doll of me as I type.
It’s very inconsiderate of someone to lead you up the garden path but what can you do. Lol & voodoo doll it’s probably got a little face mask on

the realisation of the fact I had my baby after not knowing if I ever would due to my endometriosis.
😭😭😭❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Hercules Mulligan?

I agree with a lot of these feelings/sounds. Especially the rain.

My main favourites
Feelings -
The heat/smell/sounds as I walk out of MCO airport having just landed for a lovely holiday.
Horse riding, all the feels but in particular jumping off after a lovely long hack and feeling all refreshed and calm.

Sounds -
Crickets chirping
Horses hooves clip clopping

@Switchstreetz im glad you said that about games consoles. My first thought was the sound of my Xbox coming on but thought that might be too weird to admit 😂
The ‘Saaaaygah’ sound of our megadrive when I was a kid. I can hear it now!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
The ‘Saaaaygah’ sound of our megadrive when I was a kid. I can hear it now!
Yes- nothing quite as good as that nowadays (sometimes I do sing ‘x box’ in the same tune when I switch it on. The little bleepy sound isn’t so exciting!)

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I use bobby pins. 😵
Me too! Having had lots of ENT stuff as a kid I should know better 🤦‍♀️. But my defence (if there is one?!) is that I don’t do it frequently and a bobby pin shouldn’t push any wax back in like a cotton bud could (though that’s dependent surely on the narrowness of your ear canals?). My other half loves twiddling a cotton bud in his ear post shower - quite amusing/sweet to watch.

Lots of love and hugs to the Frauen having a difficult time and/or Covid-19 related hassle ❤.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
So update husband has managed to get in touch with his client and apparently it’s something to do with his ex wife and it’s not the first place she’s done it to. However it doesn’t really help us we’re still going to isolate and my husbands workplace is going to shut tomorrow to get deep cleaned just incase.
I can’t believe anyone would be so low as to do something like this. It’s not even her husband that’s affected by her lies it’s everyone else.

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
Grunkaing like a biggun today as I've been BUSTY! (hope I'm posting on the food and drink thread too, my brain has no idea what's going on) but sending all the love to you @Alansbigplate. Bit late to the party but sounds I love are the sea, the sound of my parents dog (MY dog) 'talking' when she's excited and the sound of crickets chirping in the bushes on holiday.
@Pocahontas whizzing down a hill on my bike is one of my favourite things to do so I loved seeing that you do it every morning!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Grunkaing like a biggun today as I've been BUSTY! (hope I'm posting on the food and drink thread too, my brain has no idea what's going on) but sending all the love to you @Alansbigplate. Bit late to the party but sounds I love are the sea, the sound of my parents dog (MY dog) 'talking' when she's excited and the sound of crickets chirping in the bushes on holiday.
@Pocahontas whizzing down a hill on my bike is one of my favourite things to do so I loved seeing that you do it every morning!!
Busty 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25
20200916_181200.jpg
Oh frauen, this is my bleeping mess of Covid hair. It's so horrible with an awful self cut fringe, split ends and I hate it. I twiddle the lot up in a clip at the back and try to forget about it most days. So much love for all the complicated relationships out there.
I hate being stroked or anything gentle and would rather a rough touch but someone really focussing and a low soothing voice and my MSMR goes into overdrive.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
View attachment 244423Oh frauen, this is my bleeping mess of Covid hair. It's so horrible with an awful self cut fringe, split ends and I hate it. I twiddle the lot up in a clip at the back and try to forget about it most days. So much love for all the complicated relationships out there.
I hate being stroked or anything gentle and would rather a rough touch but someone really focussing and a low soothing voice and my MSMR goes into overdrive.
Honestly love the fringe! I like a good fringe and yours looks lovely and full. When I had one it always went a bit thin and straggly looking.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Honestly love the fringe! I like a good fringe and yours looks lovely and full. When I had one it always went a bit thin and straggly looking.
Me too. I can’t do a fringe because it flicks up at the side like wings!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I have a topic for us all. Thinking of what @Falkor said about fountain pens, that little squick of sensation and sound when you put a cartridge in, how ace was that?

Favourite feelings/sounds?

I would say keep it clean but nobody seems to mind what we talk about which is great.

My favourite sound is the drool dripping from my mouth when I look at Maverick gifs. 😍

I love the sound of a can of Diet Coke opening. Probably any drink really but I only drink cans of DC.

Also, little aeroplanes. I live near a small airfield and so we get lots of those cute little planes going around.
View attachment 244423Oh frauen, this is my bleeping mess of Covid hair. It's so horrible with an awful self cut fringe, split ends and I hate it. I twiddle the lot up in a clip at the back and try to forget about it most days. So much love for all the complicated relationships out there.
Omg 😍 it's a bloody gorgeous colour and I really like the fringe. Looks like a nice rich hair mask will probably bring that back to shiny lushness. I don't mean to disregard your feelings, because I know what it's like to look in the mirror and feel disappointed with what you see but honestly think you're being harsh on yourself here because you look stunning to me. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 19
New thought: At the risk of crossing lines with a big ball of thready weady stuff I notice that on the MT #Shewhobroughtusalltogether is frequently now "R Jackie". Fellow Asimovians (@Pocahontas @blurstoftimes and others) : does this explain the phenomenal workrate, incredible 🔺 skills etc.? (After all, look where (R) Daneel Olivaw ended up.) Should we be more fearful than we are??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.