Food & Drink #5 Sit the feck down, I need to see the fecking bread cart!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My favourites are always the late album filler that everyone else thinks is meh! I love Ready For It, So It Goes, Dress and Getaway Car. I like them all, oh and Call It What You Want. A fellow Taylor fan in my midst?!
Fellow fan indeed! Rep is my least favourite of her albums though. Ooh, agree re Dress and Getaway Car but I'd pick Delicate and New Year's Day over the other two. Currently completely obsessed with Folklore 🥴

Reactions: 5
I am also fed up with the other thread. My breakfast, lunch and dinner. No cute males around apart from your pics :(
food nov 19 015t.jpg
2020t.jpg
2020td.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Oh my days, what is that last dish? I looooove rice cooked like that (with the little buttery vermicelli noodles in it right?).
It is Turkish rice (şehriyeli pilav) no noodles and snow peas ETA pois mangetout sounds more fancy 😂 with a tiny dollop of Ajvar.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Afternoon all.
Mother thread isn’t nice anymore.
I got up this morning and did some housework. I nearly melted.
Everyone can have picky tea tonight. I am not cooking.
I love paprika crisps. I’m going to search in the shops over Westcliff for some.

Reactions: 17
Most definitely a young priest in learning (is that a thing?)
Oooh yes it's a thing. We had one at the cathedral where I sang for a while - THE most beautiful voice singing the liturgy, and my heart would be all aflutter as I went up to receive my laying on of hands blessing (being a heathen, I wasn't allowed the sacrament)...

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Ah, had some posts deleted. Good enough reason, that this thread isn’t a place to witch about other threads. Just a heads up for everyone, and also to give admin/MODs less wading through and deleting to do.

FoodNdrink-wise, I feel like I’m the only person I know that doesn’t get a takeaway as a treat. I get one if there’s no food, and I’m exhausted. As a treat, I go to Waitrose and buy fancy tit. My kids are at my mum’s tonight, it’s been a fun but boiling weekend, and the ultimate treat after just dropping them off was stopping into the big Waitrose. I’d rather spend £20 on cold and light extras, than £40 on a takeaway (they’re v expensive round here).

I got:
Torres black truffle crisps
Burrata
Tiger prawns (I made a quick Thai dipping sauce)
Asparagus
Harvey Nicks rose wine (new so on offer)

I’ve got things like nice olive oil and balsamic etc

Seriously need to have a cold shower before attempting to make a little dinner, though 🥵

Reactions: 23
Oooh yes it's a thing. We had one at the cathedral where I sang for a while - THE most beautiful voice singing the liturgy, and my heart would be all aflutter as I went up to receive my laying on of hands blessing (being a heathen, I wasn't allowed the sacrament)...

One of my secret crushes is Gabriel Byrne as the priest in Stigmata 😍

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Ah, had some posts deleted. Good enough reason, that this thread isn’t a place to witch about other threads. Just a heads up for everyone, and also to give admin/MODs less wading through and deleting to do.

FoodNdrink-wise, I feel like I’m the only person I know that doesn’t get a takeaway as a treat. I get one if there’s no food, and I’m exhausted. As a treat, I go to Waitrose and buy fancy tit. My kids are at my mum’s tonight, it’s been a fun but boiling weekend, and the ultimate treat after just dropping them off was stopping into the big Waitrose. I’d rather spend £20 on cold and light extras, than £40 on a takeaway (they’re v expensive round here).

I got:
Torres black truffle crisps
Burrata
Tiger prawns (I made a quick Thai dipping sauce)
Asparagus
Harvey Nicks rose wine (new so on offer)

I’ve got things like nice olive oil and balsamic etc

Seriously need to have a cold shower before attempting to make a little dinner, though 🥵
Burrata is one of my death row foods. It's like catnip to me when I see it on a menu.

• Heart
Random and totally OT (and apologies if this has been mentioned before, but there was a Sky documentary on last week ‘I Am Patrick Sway W’ and it’s really, really good. I would thoroughly recommend it

Reactions: 6
My favourites are always the late album filler that everyone else thinks is meh! I love Ready For It, So It Goes, Dress and Getaway Car. I like them all, oh and Call It What You Want. A fellow Taylor fan in my midst?!
Tay tay fans everywhere. I'm actually so stuck on 1989 that I pretty much skipped over Reputation and onto Lover.
I was watching 'Lost girl' (highly recommend) at the time of listening to 1989 and have basically written several music videos incorporating the two. This reminds me of my sci fi crush.

I've not actually listened to Folklore yet so maybe I need to hand in my fan club card....

One of my secret crushes is Gabriel Byrne as the priest in Stigmata 😍
A NEW PRIEST. What a day this is!

Thanks Taylor fans - finally listening to folklore all the way through (began my trip the day it was released so haven't had a chance). I do love her but wouldn't call myself a Swiftie!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Burrata is one of my death row foods. It's like catnip to me when I see it on a menu.
Babe, same. My other favourite thing about burrata is that loads of people have never tried it. When you introduce them to the joys of the creaminess, like... thank me later 💁‍♀️ Same goes for forcing people to read Nora Ephron’s books, listen to Adam Buxton’s podcast, grabbing anyone who liked Harry Potter and blowing their minds with Philip Pullman etc etc and bla bla. Sort of perfectly normal stuff that some people just haven’t got into yet.

Its a public service, truly!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
So this is where you’ve all been hiding!!! Came back to JM threads a week or so ago after a bit of a break and hardly recognised anyone!! Always been a bit of a lurker but I missed you! My dinner will be IKEA meatballs and huffing at the husband eating glorious nduja pizza that I’m not allowed as I’m pregnant.
@heretoreaditall2019 Huge congratulations!! Enjoy the newborn stage and weep as necessary!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Not the best shot but my dinner this eve, Mr Nottonight is at work which means I get to eat things he won't 😁 Feta stuffed tempura courgettes and baby peppers (thank you to whoever gave me the idea to stuff flowers with a little courgette attached). Ham omelette and a little watercress. Plus hot sauce of course ☺

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 26
@PoorPatrol very much here for the Nora Ephron love. I went through a phase of buying everyone in my life I Feel Bad About My Neck at birthdays or Christmas (which was a phase I perhaps enjoyed more than they did).

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.