Food & Drink #4 Any herb will do

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lol sorry I promise I wasn't trying to be snarky at anyone in particular. Just omg I know for a fact Patreon was first discussed on threads with numbers in the single figures and 50-odd threads later it's still being proudly presented as deep research 😂

I know I'm a huge phallus and I should welcome every hater to the cabal. I'll try to be a better Frau.
Deep research is one of my favourite tattle terms, cheers SH :LOL:

@MooBelle I am also attempting to transition to somewhere approaching a low starch diet/autoimmune protocol type diet. My commiserations to you <3
I am desperate for cake. I had a smashed up approximation of an omelette for dinner, what I actually want is about 7 kievs and chippy chips.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I wish there wasn’t the blatant bleed onto twitter 😐 that pic one is bleeping weird 🤮
mate, this! It proper freaks me out I feel like I’m peeping into the hard drive of a bleeping killer?!

I’ve mentioned my husband getting a lot of abuse before, the images (and one video that was AWFUL) people made were what scared me the most cos if someone’s got proper time to invest you dunno what else they’ll do?! It’s a step too far imo. Tbh because he’s white he didn’t get many truly bad images other than people digging him out for his appearance, the stuff people make regarding BAME men is horrific.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
@Toffee finger - really sorry to hear your news. Thinking of you and the cabal are here!

@heretoreaditall2019 - thinking of you too and hope your last days of pregnancy aren't too stressful!

As for me, I have made it to Istanbul. A frau a while back recommended a Turkish food website (this one - https://ozlemsturkishtable.com/) and I've been excitedly planning some recipes - I have an apartment with a kitchen so I will (yes) absolutely (x) be pulling a Jackie and cooking up a storm. Today's bounty:

View attachment 201569

I also ate a pide so good it almost rivalled neapolitan pizza:

View attachment 201574

And just for you fraus, I'm going to be trying some rando Turkish crisps I find in the store. Today's pick:

View attachment 201583
The pide looks “lezzetli”! I’ve seen that website when googling for things to cook for my Turkish other half. Not yet plucked up the courage to try one yet but that looks amazing! X

Reactions: 7
mate, this! It proper freaks me out I feel like I’m peeping into the hard drive of a bleeping killer?!

I’ve mentioned my husband getting a lot of abuse before, the images (and one video that was AWFUL) people made were what scared me the most cos if someone’s got proper time to invest you dunno what else they’ll do?! It’s a step too far imo. Tbh because he’s white he didn’t get many truly bad images other than people digging him out for his appearance, the stuff people make regarding BAME men is horrific.
I felt a bit like someone had done it badly in the way I do them badly but also it’s bleeping sinister content. Stuff people seem to think is acceptable is just scary!

@Sausage Grand Station mate you’ve been grunking hard today!! X

Reactions: 10
Good evening Fraus

just wondering what are some of your secret dirty food pleasures are? The kind of thing you wouldn’t necessarily tell anyone else you enjoyed eating?

mine is a Pot Noodle (preferably King size) Bombay bad boy with ALL the sachet of chilli sauce. I always eat this alone with a square of kitchen roll tucked in my top to catch the inevitable drips/splashes 🤦🏻‍♀️ I maybe have this little secret ritual once or twice a year. I have one stashed away behind all my more worthy store cupboard items. I also hide the empty pot inside something else in the recycling bin!

back in the day (80s) before I knew any better about animal welfare or the horrors of meat processing, my absolute favourite was a whole bag of Bernard Matthews mini Kievs, eaten straight from the oven despite the boiling hot sauce inside. Loved those little buggers!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Approx 70% of my Sky recordings are episodes of 4 in a bed. It makes certain people raise their eyebrows and shake their heads disapprovingly when they see it. I also note that they sit quite happily through a run of episodes when I put them on though.
I love four in a bed!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Good evening Fraus

just wondering what are some of your secret dirty food pleasures are? The kind of thing you wouldn’t necessarily tell anyone else you enjoyed eating?

mine is a Pot Noodle (preferably King size) Bombay bad boy with ALL the sachet of chilli sauce. I always eat this alone with a square of kitchen roll tucked in my top to catch the inevitable drips/splashes 🤦🏻‍♀️ I maybe have this little secret ritual once or twice a year. I have one stashed away behind all my more worthy store cupboard items. I also hide the empty pot inside something else in the recycling bin!

back in the day (80s) before I knew any better about animal welfare or the horrors of meat processing, my absolute favourite was a whole bag of Bernard Matthews mini Kievs, eaten straight from the oven despite the boiling hot sauce inside. Loved those little buggers!
Lol when I was a student (actually I was doing a post grad so can’t even blame that) I used to get a bag of mini Kiev’s and a jar of korma sauce and have that as a curry. Put on a few bleeping stone like 😂

I think this was everyone’s mum in the 80s/90s 😂
Yep hands up mine still does it

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Good evening Fraus

I’d eat that to be fair.

Mine’s a croissant, roughly torn down the middle, buttered liberally and smeared with marmite. Full on straddling that channel! 🇫🇷🇬🇧

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I love four in a bed!
I only really like the breakfast part, the evening entertainment is a bit weird and I hate it when they go searching for pubes in the bed and looking for 💩on the loo brush. 🤢

I’d eat that to be fair.

Mine’s a croissant, roughly torn down the middle, buttered liberally and smeared with marmite. Full on straddling that channel! 🇫🇷🇬🇧
Very interesting! I may have to try that..!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I only really like the breakfast part, the evening entertainment is a bit weird and I hate it when they go searching for pubes in the bed and looking for 💩on the loo brush. 🤢
The breakfast part is also my favourite bit and seeing the B&Bs.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Good evening Fraus

Mate. All this post has done is make me want a pot noodle

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
My husband loves 4 in a Bed which makes me laugh, he gets really invested in them and takes breakfast reviews quite seriously. I hate when they pull out shower filters 🤢

For “sups” I had pizza dough to use up so put ham, black olives and capers (fancy!) as toppings!

I loved smoking, sitting out on a warm night with a cold glass of wine and a cigarette. I loved it years ago in Italy when they used to bring you a Cigarette to have with coffee - so funny! Do you remember those coloured cigarettes Sobranies?

• Heart
  • Haha
They still do Macbeth?I remember doing it. We watched something with Ray Winstone in, it was Macbeth on a council estate. I think Macbeth had a staffie.
I totally read that as 'with a stiffie'. Jeez. That'd be a whole other type of educational film.

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Very interesting! I may have to try that..!
Do! Honestly, marmite and butter on any carb is a good thing. Nigella did marmite spaghetti in kitchen and it’s 👌
however, I have had many funny looks for the croissant 😄

What a lovely thread this is 🙂 so happy to have found it. You all seem so lovely! I was really enjoying the chat in the others but it did keep getting a little unnecessarily negative for me, though it is still good to have somewhere to vent about JM and her misadventures. Mostly it’s interesting and witty musings and good chat :)

Also whoever said in the last thread about the Hinch threads being unnecessarily nit-picky and mean, I 1000% agree. So glad to see someone else say it. Found a Tattle through a Hinch related google search after she annoyed me a bit. After reading those threads I almost felt sorry for her. Does seem like a lot of people either being a bit snobby at her for being a bit working class, or being jealous they didn’t think of it first ie. filing themselves cleaning.
I was pleasantly surprised to find the JM threads as she’s bothered me for years now. And in their defence at least she actually frequently behaves like a twit. Hinch is apologetic and scared of doing something wrong and being set upon (understandably) to the point it’s annoying

• Heart
@Sausage Grand Station mate you’ve been grunking hard today!! X
I have been on the grunka of my life! First day off in four days and then I fucked myself over with a quick 3 hour nap, so now I can’t sleep.

@Toffee finger I’m so sorry to hear about your grandad, sending love.

Well, there’s a lot to mention:
1. Biscoff, absolutely not bothered by it. I appreciate the little biscuit with a coffee but I don’t drink coffee and I never get one with my tea. Rude.
2. Cake, agreed about red velvet being a bit pointless. I love a classic vic sponge but honestly despite it not technically being cake, cheesecake is the cake of gods and I won’t hear a bad word said about it.
3. I cannot leave behind a carbohydrate i simply refuse. At first I thought ditch rice as I don’t eat it much, then I remembered Indian; Thai, Chinese and risotto and THEN I remembered last years holiday to Taormina and their absolutely insane arrancini and well, rice absolutely stays. Pushed hard I could sack off potatoes, I’m not bothered by them except for a jacket spud and of course chips, though I guess I could just replace them with halloumi fries 🤔, equally as delicious.

Unpopular opinion I’m sure, but I cannot stand roasts. What is the obsession? It’s just dry meat, with dry veg and dry potatoes, covered in meaty sauce? I don’t get them.

I am a southerner when it comes to my chippy tea, no mushy peas, no gravy and certainly no curry sauce. Salt, vinegar and then a dollop of ketchup/mayo or tartare sauce for dipping.

Also, and apologies for my ridiculously long post but I found out I’m 3 1/2 months pregnant last week. Total shock as had been having the contraceptive injection. Overjoyed but also terrified as this will be our rainbow baby. Haven’t told a soul as we’re still wrapping our heads around it ourselves but I wanted to tell someone and I feel safe here ❤.

I am loving the ability to use this pregnancy as excuse to snack into the early hours though, nothing unhealthy mind, I’ve got a jar of gherkins on the go currently (not a craving, I eat them straight out the jar normally 😂)

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I have been on the grunka of my life! First day off in four days and then I fucked myself over with a quick 3 hour nap, so now I can’t sleep.

@Toffee finger I’m so sorry to hear about your grandad, sending love.

Well, there’s a lot to mention:
1. Biscoff, absolutely not bothered by it. I appreciate the little biscuit with a coffee but I don’t drink coffee and I never get one with my tea. Rude.
2. Cake, agreed about red velvet being a bit pointless. I love a classic vic sponge but honestly despite it not technically being cake, cheesecake is the cake of gods and I won’t hear a bad word said about it.
3. I cannot leave behind a carbohydrate i simply refuse. At first I thought ditch rice as I don’t eat it much, then I remembered Indian; Thai, Chinese and risotto and THEN I remembered last years holiday to Taormina and their absolutely insane arrancini and well, rice absolutely stays. Pushed hard I could sack off potatoes, I’m not bothered by them except for a jacket spud and of course chips, though I guess I could just replace them with halloumi fries 🤔, equally as delicious.

Unpopular opinion I’m sure, but I cannot stand roasts. What is the obsession? It’s just dry meat, with dry veg and dry potatoes, covered in meaty sauce? I don’t get them.

I am a southerner when it comes to my chippy tea, no mushy peas, no gravy and certainly no curry sauce. Salt, vinegar and then a dollop of ketchup/mayo or tartare sauce for dipping.

Also, and apologies for my ridiculously long post but I found out I’m 3 1/2 months pregnant last week. Total shock as had been having the contraceptive injection. Overjoyed but also terrified as this will be our rainbow baby. Haven’t told a soul as we’re still wrapping our heads around it ourselves but I wanted to tell someone and I feel safe here ❤.

I am loving the ability to use this pregnancy as excuse to snack into the early hours though, nothing unhealthy mind, I’ve got a jar of gherkins on the go currently (not a craving, I eat them straight out the jar normally 😂)
Congratulations! Wow that must have been a huge surprise! How are you feeling?

I cannot believe you don’t like roasts though. You need a decent one if you’ve been eating dry meat!

Reactions: 11
Congratulations! Wow that must have been a huge surprise! How are you feeling?

I cannot believe you don’t like roasts though. You need a decent one if you’ve been eating dry meat!
Thank you. I think I’m still stunned, we both are. I don’t feel pregnant though; have had no obvious signs or symptoms, I actually thought my Crohn’s was flaring and it was my consultant who insisted on a test before I had my scan to confirm, so thank goodness for him. Once the shock eases ill be telling everyone and their dog I’m sure but for now, I just need to get there myself.

Aha, it’s the biggest bone of contention in our house and it was growing up too. Give him credit Mr Sausages meat is never dry, but it is a dry dish, if that makes sense? I much prefer food all mixed in together like pastas and stuff or food I can stick in bread. I’m just a fussy bugger really

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.