Food & Drink #4 Any herb will do

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning fraus. Thank you for all of your good wishes, made me feel less alone. Wah wah. Anyhow, got a busy day today in what’s predicted to be 34c so er, yay? I do honestly feel better prepared for it after checking in with the coven and all of their adventures.

Speaking of Jeremy Irons, i’ve been watching Condor on sky which his son, Max, is the lead in. He looks so like his parents that it’s like one of those mash ups tabloids used to do when celebs got together and they predicted what their kids would look like.
E996511F-5CEE-44B8-9230-64FD568C8E68.jpeg

He doesn’t float my boat but I appreciate he is very handsome. Also, if crusty, Republican Clint (who wrote a threesome scene into a recent film he directed himself in 🤢) doesn’t do it for you there’s always his son, Scott.
04D0FFB4-5C9D-49DC-A655-C60B5E7F08C1.jpeg

He seems to be really leaning in to looking like his Dad, and the boy needs some sun cream! He’s only 34.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Glad to hear you’re feeling a bit less alone and more prepared for a busy day, dear @Silver Linings. I hate to hear of you (or any Frau) with a dark cloud above them.

It’s gonna be a scorcher today! Felt sorry for my cat yesterday, cos even he was sweaty 😳

Wow those two surely are the apples of their father’s (parents) eyes. Perhaps Scott Eastwood is trying to propel himself into the craggy Cliff stage fast.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Let me handily combine the topics of food & drink and crushes by introducing you to Catalan pastry chef Miquel Guarro. Just look at his giant pistachio!!!*

* not a euphemism

20200808_095518.jpg

20200808_095501.jpg
20200808_095447.jpg
20200808_095432.jpg
20200808_095416.jpg
20200808_095356.jpg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Let me handily combine the topics of food & drink and crushes by introducing you to Catalan pastry chef Miquel Guarro. Just look at his giant pistachio!!!*

* not a euphemism

View attachment 205304
View attachment 205299View attachment 205300View attachment 205301View attachment 205302View attachment 205303
Everything is rather delicious looking! #findinghispageoninstater

@crystaleyesd that photo of Joaquin has made me put Quills on my watch list. Have never seen it?!
I quite like Joaquin in To Die For, he plays another tortured individual (not not a cleric)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Oh, I love Jeremy Irons - a client of mine interviewed him once at a studio he was filming at in LA and they ended up smoking roll-ups together out of a window while the PR lady assigned to make him behave had kittens! His voice just makes me melt though.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I really don't have many celeb crushes at all, not sure if I'm super picky or just well, super indifferent!
I can appreciate Chris Pratt but I suspect that has more to do with his manly ability to control Velociraptors than anything else.

For me the most beautiful man that ever lived was James Dean and noone else will ever measure up 😌
James-Dean-Torn-Sweater-7.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 16
@crystaleyesd that photo of Joaquin has made me put Quills on my watch list. Have never seen it?!
I quite like Joaquin in To Die For, he plays another tortured individual (not not a cleric)
Oh it's pretty silly, but enjoyable to look at (for the sets too, not just Joaquin and Kate Winslet 🤣 ) and tres erotique. That reminds me actually of when I used to sing in a cathedral choir - I was always trying to get my boyfriend at the time to agree to wear my robes in *ahem* the bedroom, but he never would! BOOOOOO.

You must love all those naked pictures of him on the beach! I appreciate how little he appears to give a duck.
*googles frantically*

• Haha
Reactions: 11
There’s a Joe Wicks thread under ‘Gurus’ and from what I’ve read there, he frequently comments on how rubbish his mum was - she didn’t breast feed him, she fed him a rubbish diet when he was a kid, they were so poor etc....but not so rubbish that he won’t leave his kids with her to go on holiday with Rosie 🤷🏻‍♀️

ETA sorry I’m Grunka-ing and didn’t read on so I’ve only just seen @TriviaNewtonJohn said the same thing. Days ago. When the conversation was topical and relevant.

Always late to the party 🙄
That Joe Wicks get right on my wick! Can’t stand his voice and all that hyper enthusiastic “little trees!” bollocks. He reminds me of Russel Brand, another twerp (my dad’s name for him😂) that loves the sound of his own screeching voice and never shuts up.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
That Joe Wicks get right on my wick! Can’t stand his voice and all that hyper enthusiastic “little trees!” bollocks. He reminds me of Russel Brand, another twerp (my dad’s name for him😂) that loves the sound of his own screeching voice and never shuts up.
Yes! he is a Russell Brand! I was wondering who he reminded me of 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
All I do is recommend tv programmes which makes me realise I need a life but if you love Johnny Flynn, you need to watch “Lovesick” on Netflix. Used to be called Scrotal Recall and it’s excellent and he occasionally sings. He’s such a hottie.
Lovesick is BRILLIANT!, a great wee programme. It's also set in Glasgow and (shock, horror!) actually makes the city look lovely (so many films and programmes set here makes it seem all grimy and grey and violent and whatnot). 🔺The exterior shots of the flat they share is actually just up the road from where I live🔺

Belated happy birthday @panda_eyes! Well jel of your doughnuts!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Lovesick is BRILLIANT!, a great wee programme. It's also set in Glasgow and (shock, horror!) actually makes the city look lovely (so many films and programmes set here makes it seem all grimy and grey and violent and whatnot). 🔺The exterior shots of the flat they share is actually just up the road from where I live🔺

Belated happy birthday @panda_eyes! Well jel of your doughnuts!
She's coming for you... 🔼

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Hi all, I keep missing so much! Keep having to go to work - most annoying and inconvenient 😑.

Sorry to hear you’re feeling rubbish @Silver Linings (and others I might have missed). I’ve been there a lot myself lately so I know how absolutely shite it is. I hope it helps a bit to know people here are thinking of you ❤.

Crushes - good to know we’re all of the same hive mind when it comes to Viggo/Joaquin/Harrison Ford (but only their film personas, not IRL - I think that was on another thread ages ago). In particular Viggo as Aragorn when he’s all filthy and gets his sword out 😍. I also had a massive crush on Adam Driver over Christmas. Went to see Star Wars and then got flu (unrelated!) and spent a delirious week in bed obsessing over his fan pages on Twitter. Loved him in Blackklansman too.

Pasta - totally agree about farfalle! I’ve never once managed to get it to cook properly. Penne also meh for me but yes to the springy curly shaped stuff (forgotten the name). It tastes so much better even though it’s made from the same ingredients.

The rat in toilet story 😱😱😱😱😱 (was that yours @Flumps?). The absolute horror, I would have died there and then. I remember secretly reading my mums copy of The Rats when I was a kid and then not being able to sleep for ages. My other big childhood fear was after seeing Jaws and then worrying that somehow a shark would come out of the toilet 🙈.
My own mini horror story this week was lying awake in bed at 3am then feeling something quite heavy plop down onto my arm. Screamed and sat up to see a HUGE spider fly across the bed and scuttle off under my pillow. Thank god I was awake. I think the adrenaline is only just wearing off now..

Food - still loving seeing everyone’s delicious meals, we’ve been eating rubbish lately (crap work getting in the way again). Going to attempt to make some waffles today tho with my son - both kids are addicted to the massive ones from Costco. Was son 2’s birthday this week and found a cute mini waffle maker online so will brave getting the kitchen trashed and give them a go. I’m predicting a disaster but will post a pic if they turn out ok.

Small talk - urgh, totally agree with all the other comments. I quite often have to stand at the side of sports fields watching my kids and making polite chit chat to the dads - two hours of torture.

Good luck to @heretoreaditall2019!! Fingers crossed all goes/going well with baby x

I really don't have many celeb crushes at all, not sure if I'm super picky or just well, super indifferent!
I can appreciate Chris Pratt but I suspect that has more to do with his manly ability to control Velociraptors than anything else.

For me the most beautiful man that ever lived was James Dean and noone else will ever measure up 😌
View attachment 205316
OMG I had James Dean pictures plastered over my entire bedroom as a teenager 😍❤. Swoon!

Hope everyone has a good day ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Honestly laughing to myself at the thought of her going door-knocking round my area.

My dream is that when/if we are triangulated, it's like the beginning if one of her Youtube videos. You open the door to:

"Hi, I'm Jack Monroe, food writer, cook, activist, political commentator, poet and mother, and I'm here to do something difficult that I've often dreamed about but never had the courage..."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Can’t remember who suggested it in the last thread (sorry!) but are we going to attempt to revive the suggestion of ‘Drink and Food’ for the next thread title? Apologies if my foggy brain has misremembered it!

I still ‘sing’ Any herb will do to the tune of ‘Any dream will do’ 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Despite spending yesterday sweltering and unpacking boyfriend into flat and going on a run again this morning I am loving cohabitation thus far. 🔺I've never lived with a boy before (he's 45, I probably shouldn't infantilise him...) and worried I'll become everything I've always hated about hetero relationships but so far (lol) so good🔺

I can't remember who was talking about saying "lol" in conversation but me and some friends started this ironically while we were at uni circa 2008 and it's stuck totally non-ironically. The shame.

I'm gonna be sooooo boring wrt pasta here but I just love tagliatelle and linguine (but no lingreenie, tvm...) - they're incredibly satisfying to eat IMO. Agree wholeheartedly with the conchigli haters, they're soggy little fuckers. However, in a similar vein to farfalle I once made this recipe https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/baked-conchiglioni-sausage-sage-butternut-squash with gigantic shells and the curly bits of the shell were so al dente as to be almost inedible even after double the recommended cooking time. That'll teach me for trying to be fancy.

@crystaleyesd your Turkish love triangle tale made me titter and also worry for you which, let's face it, is what all great holiday stories are made of.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.