Food & Drink #4 Any herb will do

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg Fabrizio Moretti? I spent my teenage years sincerely imagining that one day I would be his wife, or at least the wife of a man who looked and drummed exactly like him. Have ended up with a Nordic poster child which still obviously very happy with but my god, that brown eye and curly mop combo did something to my fledgling desires.
Yes! He's so dreamy.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The whole 20 or so minutes preceding the smooch / his demise was 👌🏼
Loved Rey’s ‘ ... and I ... am all the Jedi’
And then when they pashed and it was bye bye Adam 😭😭 my kids turned to me (the room was semi-dark)
‘Mummy, why is your face wet? Mummy’s CRYING’

PS - I completely realise we are discussing the ending of The Rise of Skywalker but figured the non-Star Wars lovers wouldn’t give two shits and the Star Wars lovers would have already seen it three times in the cinema 😂
Oh this was me aswell on viewing one! I’d been to see Martin Kemp (also 😍- v much the silver fox) the night before and had a huge hangover so was fragile and emotional to start with. The ending finished me off!

• Heart
Please can someone explain this Colin thing to me? I'm really worried I have been saying it wrong (although do I/have I ever known a Colin?)

Editing to add, Co (as in the start of coffee) and lin (to rhyme with spin) in standard received pronunciation. Am I doing it wrong?! This looks to me like the Co-lynne described and laughed at earlier in the thread.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Dishoom bacon naan roll today....crispy bacon, freshly baked naan, cream cheese (seen here, drizzled artfully on plate), chilli jam and coriander. Masala chai on the side. What a time to be alive in the Bookweevil household!View attachment 205367
That looks amazing! I’m part way through cooking the keema from the Dishoom book...wondering why I started it when it’s so hot but reminding myself I’ll feel smug later when dinner just needs reheating. Have stopped for lunch (broccoli quiche and salad) and to watch the Moto GP quali.

The Lol chat has made me chuckle. I can no longer see lol written down without being reminded of a faux pas by my Nanna.
About 6 years ago my Grandad died very suddenly. It was a big shock as it was unexpected and I was so close to both my Grandad and my Nanna. Later that evening I text my Nanna and she replied saying she hoped I was ok and ‘and it least it was quick and he didn’t suffer. LOL. Xx’ - suffice to say I was shocked and distraught that my Nanna found it funny and mentioned it to my cousin who had received similar. Long story short when I mentioned it my mum she laughed and explained that my Nanna was adamant that LOL meant ‘lots of love’ and wouldn’t be told otherwise. My grandad had a fantastic sense of humour so he would have been laughing at it all. Add to this that the celebrant at the funeral made a real hash of pronouncing my name (🔺 It’s a Welsh variant of a fairly common name 🔺), and two of my cousins very straightforward names and the three of us were sobbing and trying to stifle laughter all at the same time - so inappropriate but would have made our Grandad laugh or should that be lol 😂

My dream is that when/if we are triangulated, it's like the beginning if one of her Youtube videos. You open the door to:

"Hi, I'm Jack Monroe, food writer, cook, activist, political commentator, poet and mother, and I'm here to do something difficult that I've often dreamed about but never had the courage..."
At least her going through that whole spiel would buy you enough time to make a swift exit undetected 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Please can someone explain this Colin thing to me? I'm really worried I have been saying it wrong (although do I/have I ever known a Colin?)

Editing to add, Co (as in the start of coffee) and lin (to rhyme with spin) in standard received pronunciation. Am I doing it wrong?! This looks to me like the Co-lynne described and laughed at earlier in the thread.

I generally say Col-lin (both short), but USA for some reason pronounce it Co-lin (long o) like Co-lin Powell

• Wow
I generally say Col-lin (both short), but USA for some reason pronounce it Co-lin (long o) like Co-lin Powell

HAAAA omg Coe-lin. Thank you for the explanation.

So when you meet someone and they have an accent/pronounce their name with an accent, do you say their name how they do? If an American introduced himself as Coe-lin would you honour that?

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.