Food & Drink #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel a bit like I am being triangulated with some of the posts on this thread this afternoon :LOL: - I’ve the Shark anti hair wrap. Not cordless though. Bought to help with all the fur bunnies released by my ever moulting mutts. It’s the one that bends in the middle so you can go under the sofa etc.

The sofa is too low 😒

I also own about 5 tape measures. FML.

So now I need a new sofa to go with my vacuum 😜

Or I may just buy some taller feet for the sofa... seems the less extreme/costly option🤔
Amazon product
these or a variation of. Come in different sizes, shapes and colours

Reactions: 3
For online I like Minerva Crafts as they have a huge range. Fabric Godmother has some lovely stuff and I got some gorgeous black linen from Patterns and Plains at the start of lockdown. I buy vintage silk on eBay as I am a vegan but believe in sustainable sewing and using what already exists. I know that probably makes me not a proper vegan but I’m happy with my choices!
I think sustainable approaches are brilliant and that it doesn't negate the positivity of your veganism. Veganism on a global scale isn't at all possible for myriad reasons, thank you for the online recommendations.
I haven't been for a couple of years now but Wimbledon Sewing Centre in Tooting Bec was my favourite fabric shop, looks like they are selling some things online too now - https://www.craftysewer.com/
There were also some good independent fabric shops across the street on Balham High Road, but I'm unsure if they are still there.

I am poor at sewing but trying to get better/start some projects, I am always up for sewing chat. I'd love to be able to make things that actually really fit properly.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Well, we got about 2 hours of nice weather and now the rain is biblical, accompanied by hectic thunder and lightning, and my poor dog is a quivering wreck, great stuff.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Had stir fry for tea and it was delicious. Buoyant mood deflated somewhat from yesterday. New local rules mean we cant go and see my in laws. No camping for me but more importantly my wife can't see her parents. We've really been looking forward to it so it's a blow.
Also to have a rant I'm not BAME but from an area that is often described as 'predominately asian' (it's actually not but dont let stats get in the way of your agenda) and I'm experiencing what it's like to be tarred with the same brush. It's awful. I can't imagine what it was like to wake up on Eid to realise seeing your family was now forbidden and I'm also so worried it'll stir up racial tension. Not a nice feeling today at all.

Want give eat something to make me feel better but don't know what.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I need sandals. I have size 9 (proper euro 43s) ones. Ideally birkenstock style but new look prices 😂 in black.. can anyone help? I feel like ive looked at all the obvious ones!

Reactions: 1
I've just been having a read back and are there new flavoured crisps other than the old BBL ones, @Pocahontas ? I feel a bit daft and naive. Off to jump into the pool with the pups x

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Isn't it just bleeping horrible how we are all trained to hate our bodies?
I feel so sad for my daughters that soon they will look at themselves and not like what they see. They are all so beautiful, so perfect and yet I know that they'll see only the things they dislike. 😭
Yep, this. Also how tit women get treated by society as a whole, I'm SO excited to be having a daughter (downstairs twinges paused so not today haha) but I'm also desperately depressed for the tit she's gonna have to go through. You couldn't pay me to re-live life to date.

Also speaking of women - I'm still grunka-ing but wanted to call out people saying thot = slut on the mother thread, the only people that use urban dictionary are teenage MRAs or borderline OAP ex-4channers? I've called it out but dreading the fall out and being called hateful for the third time on that thread lmaoooo

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I need sandals. I have size 9 (proper euro 43s) ones. Ideally birkenstock style but new look prices 😂 in black.. can anyone help? I feel like ive looked at all the obvious ones!
Birkenstock eva, they're not NL prices but you may luck out on eBay? Catching up with this thread - duck me there aren't more stagnant crisps in the bowl are there?! Lord help us.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Birkenstock eva, they're not NL prices but you may luck out on eBay? Catching up with this thread - duck me there aren't more stagnant crisps in the bowl are there?! Lord help us.
Ooh theyre showing as only £35. Are they comfy? They look like they could be sweaty?

Reactions: 1
Oops @colouredlines forgot to say excellent fabric and pattern choice on your dress there, you look great and I am envious of your dressmaking skillz.

So so pleased to see potential storm clouds coming. The heat completely destroys me, I'm too photosensitive and it aggravates my arthritis massively.
I have been wearing light compression tights for two years already for leg swelling but this year I have developed a lot of vascular difficulties and I am a very uncomfortable blobby slug rn.

In the summer I prefer to cover as much skin as possible as sunlight on me feels horrid and it saves a bit on suncream haha. Any recommendations for long sleeved lightweight tops and cardigans/shrugs etc gratefully received.

I have been looking at UV clothing recently, the only properly nice/interesting/proper necked and long sleeved stuff is for little kids :LOL: Another reason I need to learn to sew.

Solidarity with other Fraus uncomfortable in their bodies, my dysmorphia is particularly enduring and tied in to my lack of sense of self. I look radically different from one moment to the next, and have no concrete idea of what I actually look like for real.

I would be happy to get to the point where it took up less of my existence, and I'm not aiming to be ecstatic about my appearance. But I would love for it not to dominate me the way it does.
Curiously I don't care about being 'attractive' to other people, just to satisfy myself in a neutral way.
I am lucky also in that I understand that the issue lies with me and that I could have all the aesthetic surgery in the world and I would still feel the same.
I do have a functional surgery wishlist though, and top of that is a mastopexy and reduction please! Whatever weight I am they are still massive, I lost 3st and only went from a G to an F :eek:

I was always a 34 long though haha. But I have C up dreams !

• Heart
Reactions: 14
i’ve never bought them for myself, but I did manage to snag a brand new pair of kids birks on a Facebook sales page many moons ago for something like £4. They’ve been worn by my son and now my daughter is wearing them. They still look great, amazing quality.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Ooh theyre showing as only £35. Are they comfy? They look like they could be sweaty?
I reckon with sales etc you could probably get them way cheaper (appreciate time is of the essence rn) - I worried about them being sweaty too but they don't look like they're a solid plastic if you know what I mean? I think the sole is still some sort of foam which must be absorbant to some degree, alternatively TK Maxx always have some sort of birkenstock-esque shoe in, maybe look on there?

eBay has new Madrids (the 1 strap) for £24.99! x

Reactions: 4
I reckon with sales etc you could probably get them way cheaper (appreciate time is of the essence rn) - I worried about them being sweaty too but they don't look like they're a solid plastic if you know what I mean? I think the sole is still some sort of foam which must be absorbant to some degree, alternatively TK Maxx always have some sort of birkenstock-esque shoe in, maybe look on there?

eBay has new Madrids (the 1 strap) for £24.99! x
Oooh thank you! Ill have a look 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My fave / most worn sandals are my Scholl's with the the toe ring, but they're ancient and I can't find them on the internet and most of the other scholls look ugly AF.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.