Food & Drink #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@colouredlines - late to the dress party, but what a dress! You are so talented, it’s beautiful, it fits you like a glove and really suits your arms and legs! 🤣 I also love your shoes and dainty feet.

@Silver Linings - Matt’s nipnip shot made me hoot 😂 I love you.

@heretoreaditall2019 - so exciting about the twinges? Also, I think you agreed on another post that if your water breaks when you’re crunching on one of ‘my’ ice lollies, you will name the baby Pocahontas? Middle name, even?

@SoulRebel Re: the crisps flavour code - agreeing with what Silver said above. I don’t think there any new bad packets ... 😳

Flying ants! I was on the beach today, fraus (sorry!) (triangulation!) and actually plucked two flying ants out of my friend’s hair. No swarms, mind, but still. Plus, I got burnt. Does anyone else do this - make sure their kids are covered in suncream, but neglect to top themselves up?!

Thank you for reading my diary entry.

PS @Begborrowsteal re sandals, have you had a look at saltwater sandals? They’re flat and really comfy - I have really wide feet, and I love them. They’re a bit 💰, but I got mine on eBay X
I love saltwater sandals! They are abit pricey though

Reactions: 5
Does anyone else do this - make sure their kids are covered in suncream, but neglect to top themselves up?!
Oh God, all the time! 😂 I also do it in the winter/rain, leave the house with them all wrapped up cosy, umbrellas and all that but realise halfway there I'm freezing and soaked!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Oh God, all the time! 😂 I also do it in the winter/rain, leave the house with them all wrapped up cosy, umbrellas and all that but realise halfway there I'm freezing and soaked!
YES - me too! Also, packing snacks and drinks for them - but none for me 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Regarding euphemistic crisps - I do think there are a couple of gnarly ones with a grudge that isn't constructive and makes the tone of Our Great Mother Thread edge towards Daily Mail territory at times...

But trying my best to ignore that now JM had decided that her Twitter addiction is fine and not at all damaging.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Bonjour cabal, comment ça va? Vlad has called me back to the motherland as he reckons lockdown isn’t far off again. So just a flying visit (literally) and hopefully catch up with as many people as possible in a short time.

Have tried and failed to keep up with the Mother Thread - someone has clearly been BUSY. I just can’t with the bikini stuff, I feel so awkward. What does that have to do with the potatoes?

Hope you’re all keeping well, it’s the weekend! 🥳

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Bonjour cabal, comment ça va? Vlad has called me back to the motherland as he reckons lockdown isn’t far off again. So just a flying visit (literally) and hopefully catch up with as many people as possible in a short time.

Have tried and failed to keep up with the Mother Thread - someone has clearly been BUSY. I just can’t with the bikini stuff, I feel so awkward. What does that have to do with the potatoes?

Hope you’re all keeping well, it’s the weekend! 🥳
Save travels!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Regarding euphemistic crisps - I do think there are a couple of gnarly ones with a grudge that isn't constructive and makes the tone of Our Great Mother Thread edge towards Daily Mail territory at times...
Like those odd hard skips that you get in a packet, or a random green ones in plain crisps. I agree, btw. I don’t want to seem cliquey but Jack coming back has quietened some people down due to the sheer weight of new Jack material.

I’m still so hot. It’s better than yesterday but I can feel the humidity building. A lolly day for sure.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Like those odd hard skips that you get in a packet, or a random green ones in plain crisps. I agree, btw. I don’t want to seem cliquey but Jack coming back has quietened some people down due to the sheer weight of new Jack material.

I’m still so hot. It’s better than yesterday but I can feel the humidity building. A lolly day for sure.
I don’t notice anything unless it’s glaringly obvious like those ham crisps or if there are any particularly sharp, crunchy ones. Perhaps I should take more notice of usernames.

I have the fear now, when you know you’re innocent but feel like you’re being watched. 🙈😬 I’m a good crisp!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Morning fraus. Bloody hot again isn’t it? I watched a horror movie last week and since then I’ve woken up every night and sat bolt upright convinced someone/something is trying to get into my room. I have to leave the door ajar for the cat who sleeps with me every night. So top that with the sauna of the room last night I’ve had a pretty crap sleep.

What’s for breakfast today?

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I watched a horror movie last week and since then I’ve woken up every night and sat bolt upright convinced someone/something is trying to get into my room.
Ooo, which horror film? I love a good horror.
Reckon I'm going to have some toasted cheese for breakfast, managed to skip dinner last night after I had a couple of gins instead (I'm really rubbish at eating after I've had a drink).

I am such a fanny with horror films, I cant cope with them! Love a thriller and feeling on edge but no scares thank you!

Reactions: 10
Some horror films, I have to fast forward the scary bits - these are usually the more crap ones, which rely on stupid people wandering into dark basements when they hear a funny sound or whatever. But I love the more psychological ones (It Follows is amazing, The Descent fucked me up for days after watching it).

• Heart
@Veronicaaa it was IT: Chapter 2, which was actually pretty crap (I loved the first one) but for some reason it’s really unsettled my sleeping! I love The Descent. Great horror. I’m not good with with paranormal, woo stuff. You couldn’t pay me to watch Hereditary for example, but I enjoy jump scares and gore.

Catching up - love colouredlines dress. I think its magical that you can make such thing of beauty.

I also had a child during a heatwave and would sit in my car with the air con on as it was the only relief from the heat.

In relation to the body image comments I just wanted to echo how having big boobs at a young age made me feel. It seemed like everyone commented so I hid them away and I look back now with sadness and see how I actually had a really good figure but hated the attention so couldn't dress how I wanted to. I love them now.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
YES - me too! Also, packing snacks and drinks for them - but none for me 🥴
OMG YES!

I also hate horror films. I went to the cinema for Saw and I felt like I was going to die of fear. It's the screaming that gets me 😫
I am getting my tyres changed and I feel like the man keeps looking at me across the forecourt. Have I left a bleeping bra in the boot or something? Might just run away and abandon my car.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I cant watch horror films - I am recently separated and live alone (with the kids) for the first time and its so weird the things that scare me! Ive never lived alone before but I absolutely love it and am so much happier. I can however listen to True Crime podcasts about murder and mysterious disappearances all day long! I am also having Colin the Caterpillar cake for breakfast.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
OMG YES!

I also hate horror films. I went to the cinema for Saw and I felt like I was going to die of fear. It's the screaming that gets me 😫
I am getting my tyres changed and I feel like the man keeps looking at me across the forecourt. Have I left a bleeping bra in the boot or something? Might just run away and abandon my car.
Sorry for laughing at this - I don’t want to laugh at your discomfort... but ‘have I left a bleeping bra in my boot?’ got me 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Yeah, I hate this kind of thing too (and agreed about the home invasion ones, @Pocahontas!) I consider them more, idk, 'splatter' movies, where you're just waiting for some new, novel, horribly gory way for the characters to die, and no plotline other than that.

• Heart
@GrunkaLunka He’s probably (a) admiring your long, Rapunzel hair; (b) sure he recognises you from Futurama; or (c) Knows a time lord when he sees one.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I cant watch horror films - I am recently separated and live alone (with the kids) for the first time and its so weird the things that scare me! Ive never lived alone before but I absolutely love it and am so much happier. I can however listen to True Crime podcasts about murder and mysterious disappearances all day long! I am also having Colin the Caterpillar cake for breakfast.
I used to be a horror nut and loved it but since separating and living alone three years ago im a big wuss now. I can handle American horror story but if I watch anything else scary I have to sleep with the lights on 🤣 doesn’t stop me watching things though.
Mmm good choice with Colin for breakfast! I’m going for toast and marmite as off out for dinner with mum later (Italian again for second time this week).

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.