Food & Drink #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I need sandals. I have size 9 (proper euro 43s) ones. Ideally birkenstock style but new look prices 😂 in black.. can anyone help? I feel like ive looked at all the obvious ones!
Probs more useful longer term, but have you tried Zappos.com? American site but great size range

• Heart
Reactions: 2
TK Maxx hunt:

This brand called Bio Bio seem to do Birkenstock-esque shoes with the cork bed? As do Genuins. These are quite similar to the two-strap ones but not that much cheaper than the evas so you may just wanna get those?

I did an AMAZING lockdown TK Maxx haul actually I might go have a wander now...

ETA: when you click these links *tattle* adds the affiliate UTM parameters, I'm not sharing aff links here x

ETA2: found a dupe for the 2-strap birkenstocks!!

This brand copy quite a few of their styles:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
TK Maxx hunt:

This brand called Bio Bio seem to do Birkenstock-esque shoes with the cork bed? As do Genuins. These are quite similar to the two-strap ones but not that much cheaper than the evas so you may just wanna get those?

I did an AMAZING lockdown TK Maxx haul actually I might go have a wander now...

ETA: when you click these links *tattle* adds the affiliate UTM parameters, I'm not sharing aff links here x

ETA2: found a dupe for the 2-strap birkenstocks!!

This brand copy quite a few of their styles:

Youre a star! None in my size though. Typical!!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
@SoulRebel i just wanted to say I'm SO over the moon Glenda Jackson won the BAFTA. Her performance was absolutely amazing wasn't it? I had previously read the book, but to see her brought to life like that. Oh it was breathtaking.

I enjoyed the Baftas tonight. Richard Ayoade was a great presenter, I like him a lot. Also glad to see Jared Harris win actor.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Can I ask how the journey over was?

I'm wondering about traveling back to see mine as if I don't go over the summer it'll realistically be next year but worried about all of it as my mum is high risk.
It was weird — zombie apocalypse weird. I went from Bristol (triangulate me NAAAAH)— I was the only person passing through (closed) check-in, the ONLY person in the whole security hall, there was no one in duty free, all testers removed. There were 3 people in the departure lounge. Most of the cafes and shops are closed. The plane was about 2/3 full, boarded in “zones”, starting from the back. Seemed to be mostly window and aisle seats only, with a few extra middle seats filled. Masks on for the whole journey, if you have something to eat or drink you can remove the mask briefly between bites.

all in all I suppose it was fine, but if it wasn’t for the overriding worry about my parents (mum dementia, dad fell just before lockdown andjust isn’t right, no “local” relations have seen them for their own various health-related reasons) I really wouldn’t have done it - like if it was how they were this time last year, I wouldn’t have come, if you know what I mean.

As much as I can think of nothing nicer than going on some kind of holiday, even going through an empty airport with very conscientious staff just seems too early....

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve neglected this thread, sorry guys I shall catch up whilst devouring my Coco Pops- cereal tasting better at night than the morning is a hill I’m prepared to die on also my food choices do resemble a six year old child. I’ve been asked a few times at the supermarket checkout if I’m a childminder or how old mine is?

I do not understand the crisps thing.
I thought we were talking about crisps, was it code? I’d never get in MI5, Dopey ever decides to leave the seven dwarves however I’d be in.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I’ve neglected this thread, sorry guys I shall catch up whilst devouring my Coco Pops- cereal tasting better at night than the morning is a hill I’m prepared to die on also my food choices do resemble a six year old child. I’ve been asked a few times at the supermarket checkout if I’m a childminder or how old mine is?
I agree with you that cereal does taste better at night. It’s a perfect evening snack. My cereal choices are also that of a child’s, Cookie Crisp being my favourite.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I agree with you that cereal does taste better at night. It’s a perfect evening snack. My cereal choices are also that of a child’s, Cookie Crisp being my favourite.
I used to love Cookie Crisp, I think they’ve done something to the recipe though unless my tastebuds are broken, the last time I had them I thought they tasted a bit salty.

Reactions: 4
Babes, same! I thought it was actually just about crisps?
Cereal is a fun snack especially at night, and not a breakfast food in my opinion. I bleeping love marshmallow cereal.

All the forearms content made me realise I've not posted a crush in ages!

Ben Bailey Smith
BenBCbio.783d47c2.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I do not understand the crisps thing.
Babe, same
sorry I stuffed the quote

thry make marshmallow cereal

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Babes, same! I thought it was actually just about crisps?
Cereal is a fun snack especially at night, and not a breakfast food in my opinion. I bleeping love marshmallow cereal.

All the forearms content made me realise I've not posted a crush in ages!

Ben Bailey Smith
View attachment 198359
Where do I know his face from he seems familiar? Also good choice he’s not bad.

Reactions: 3
Where do I know his face from he seems familiar? Also good choice he’s not bad.
Haha thank you. He's done loads of telly I think, I came across him on a podcast a long time ago and didn't realise for years he's Zadie Smith's brother!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Just to clarify, 99.9% of the crisps chat was about actual crisps! The other was talking about a mutual acquaintance and resident of one of JM’s ‘homes’ (Scotland). The crisp in question had abruptly departed and rustled her packet on twitter about us.

My fave cereal is weetabix. 😋😋😋

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I have been on the Mother thread, hmmm. I’d say there are some definite friends there who like ham crisps, that makes me a bit uncomfortable

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
@colouredlines - late to the dress party, but what a dress! You are so talented, it’s beautiful, it fits you like a glove and really suits your arms and legs! 🤣 I also love your shoes and dainty feet.

@Silver Linings - Matt’s nipnip shot made me hoot 😂 I love you.

@heretoreaditall2019 - so exciting about the twinges? Also, I think you agreed on another post that if your water breaks when you’re crunching on one of ‘my’ ice lollies, you will name the baby Pocahontas? Middle name, even?

@SoulRebel Re: the crisps flavour code - agreeing with what Silver said above. I don’t think there any new bad packets ... 😳

Flying ants! I was on the beach today, fraus (sorry!) (triangulation!) and actually plucked two flying ants out of my friend’s hair. No swarms, mind, but still. Plus, I got burnt. Does anyone else do this - make sure their kids are covered in suncream, but neglect to top themselves up?!

Thank you for reading my diary entry.

PS @Begborrowsteal re sandals, have you had a look at saltwater sandals? They’re flat and really comfy - I have really wide feet, and I love them. They’re a bit 💰, but I got mine on eBay X

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.