Food & Drink #12 Willies and mash

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
YES.
It’s so good, isn’t it? Makes me wish I was a sassy New York Jewess (Sincerely hoping this isn’t inappropriate to say) ❤
You can be an honorary sassy Whitley Bay Jewess 🔺🔺🔺 I like to think of myself as an Illana, but in reality I'm probably just a Bevvers.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Covering all bases, I like that. But first, you have to knead your dough thoroughly to make sure you get a good rise, otherwise your drizzle will be a disappointment.

There is a charming Spanish phrase, mojar el churro which literally means "to wet the churro"...aren't languages beautiful?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Do any of you frauen remember when root beer was a drink option at McDonalds? It was a sad day for me when they stopped selling it in the early 90s. I love A&W root beer and have no idea why it’s not a more popular drink in the UK. I sometimes find Carter’s root beer in Asda, or Bundaberg in Tesco which are both nice, but neither of them are a patch on A&W.
I am old enough to remember! I loved it too.

Reactions: 11
You can be an honorary sassy Whitley Bay Jewess 🔺🔺🔺 I like to think of myself as an Illana, but in reality I'm probably just a Bevvers.
Bevvers 🤣🤣
I like to think of myself as an Abbi ... but probably more Jaimé.

So many favourite lines so far and I’m nearly at the end of series 2, but one my favourites is when Lincoln’s looking at a dog in a rescue centre and Ilana says, ‘Just get a dog.’ And he sighs and says, ‘I can’t inflict the crazy life of a dentist ... on a dog.’

PS I would love to be an honorary Whitley Bay Jewess ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
My plan for today was to go to McD for a breakfast after dropping the boys at Bin-Cunts and to watch Saturday Kitchen but the queue for the drive in was massive so I am settled with my bagel and honey butter. God I love all of the people on todays show and I have laughed along with them as they genuinely seem like mates. I love Bryns gorgeous accent and always marvel at the fact that he is married to Sharleen Spiteri from Texas, I can imagine they are a lovely fun couple.

I am too invested arnt i?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
My plan for today was to go to McD for a breakfast after dropping the boys at Bin-Cunts and to watch Saturday Kitchen but the queue for the drive in was massive so I am settled with my bagel and honey butter. God I love all of the people on todays show and I have laughed along with them as they genuinely seem like mates. I love Bryns gorgeous accent and always marvel at the fact that he is married to Sharleen Spiteri from Texas, I can imagine they are a lovely fun couple.

I am too invested arnt i?

I was hoping that Nigella would choose Peach and Chickpea Curry or Fish Finger Lasagne as her Food Hell. Jack will be watching them both ..... seething.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
YES.
It’s so good, isn’t it? Makes me wish I was a sassy New York Jewess (Sincerely hoping this isn’t inappropriate to say) ❤
i love Broad City!

Mr Blurst and I also just watched two seasons of a show called Pen15 which is two 30 year olds acting as their 13 year old selves around actual child actors's and it might be the greatest show i've ever seen in my whole life. especially for anyone who was a teenager in the early 2000s!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Was hoping that Nigella would choose Peach and Chickpea Curry or Fish Finger Lasagne as her Food Hell. Jack will be watching them both ..... seething.

Jack will be waiting for her honorary mention from her two best mates! I love how effortless Nigella is. She is dressed so casual but stylish too.

Reactions: 13
YES.
I want Ilana to peg me. I think.

Bevvers 🤣🤣
I like to think of myself as an Abbi ... but probably more Jaimé.

So many favourite lines so far and I’m nearly at the end of series 2, but one my favourites is when Lincoln’s looking at a dog in a rescue centre and Ilana says, ‘Just get a dog.’ And he sighs and says, ‘I can’t inflict the crazy life of a dentist ... on a dog.’

PS I would love to be an honorary Whitley Bay Jewess ❤
The vagina is nature's pocket. Jews on a plane is the greatest TV of all time.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Mozza's bakery is the bomb generally. There's a jalapeno and cheese foccacia that is lush and their in-store baked stollen is the best around. Full of marzipan but not too stodgy. I so miss living near a Mozzas.

I like their meat a lot too. They used to do brilliant in-store made burgers that were mad cheap and as close to home made as you could get from a shop.
love Morrisons too, their tiger bread is yumand the seafood counter is generally good too. unfortunately not one near me either

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Sorry if I have missed it, but did your viewers turn up after your frantic tidying? Or did they cancel?
Hah. I may not have updated, but they cancelled. Grrr. But at least I have a very tidy house to go back to tomorrow night. Suspect I'm going to be doing a lot of driving and travelling over next week or so, so good that I don't have housework to worry about I guess.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
i love Broad City!

Mr Blurst and I also just watched two seasons of a show called Pen15 which is two 30 year olds acting as their 13 year old selves around actual child actors's and it might be the greatest show i've ever seen in my whole life. especially for anyone who was a teenager in the early 2000s!

Oh I think cool kat @crystaleyesd has mentioned this show to me before. It’s on my to be watched list!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Also can I recommend a TV show? The Queen's Gambit on Netflix, it is so good, highly recommend.

Reactions: 8
Oh I think cool kat @crystaleyesd has mentioned this show to me before. It’s on my to be watched list!
Oh let us know when you've watched it! it's hilarious and heartwarming and i wish i'd saved it for this crappy month of lockdown we have coming up

@Ellabella have heard a few people recommend that show, will def check it out!

Had my sister round for dinner last night, made a pork and fennel ragu with a side of sautéed kale and garlicky breadcrumbs. Then we drank 3 bottles of wine and stayed up till 11 watching old Goosebumps episodes with my 10 year old. did anyone know that the actor in Say Cheese and Die was ryan gosling?!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Oh let us know when you've watched it! it's hilarious and heartwarming and i wish i'd saved it for this crappy month of lockdown we have coming up

@Ellabella have heard a few people recommend that show, will def check it out!

Had my sister round for dinner last night, made a pork and fennel ragu with a side of sautéed kale and garlicky breadcrumbs. Then we drank 3 bottles of wine and stayed up till 11 watching old Goosebumps episodes with my 10 year old. did anyone know that the actor in Say Cheese and Die was ryan gosling?!
I did not know that, Blurst.
I’ll compare notes when I’ve watched Pen15!

Reactions: 7
First post over here but after seeing those screenshots yesterday (Which seemed odd) and having a read through for myself.
I read that some of the 'gender' conversation was extremely upsetting to some.
In all honesty, I answered a question and tried to move it back to Jack as quickly as possible.
I'd like to offer my deepest apologies if I have offended a single person on here.
It sincerely was not my intention.
Sorry.
I love cooking, I love chatting about cooking, I love recipes, I love recipe books.
I hope you don't mind me lurking around here checking out your food.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
First post over here but after seeing those screenshots yesterday (Which seemed odd) and having a read through for myself.
I read that some of the 'gender' conversation was extremely upsetting to some.
In all honesty, I answered a question and tried to move it back to Jack as quickly as possible.
I'd like to offer my deepest apologies if I have offended a single person on here.
It sincerely was not my intention.
Sorry.
I love cooking, I love chatting about cooking, I love recipes, I love recipe books.
I hope you don't mind me lurking around here checking out your food.
Please don't beat yourself up, TUIT! You apologised many times on the MT when you really had no reason to - I think some people like to jump in with agendas every time they see a vaguely tangential post.

You always crack me up on the MT, feel free to stick around here!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.