Food & Drink #12 Willies and mash

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He's got a Thundershirt which is kind of like a weighted jacket thing for dogs, it basically swaddles them and applies weights at their pressure points or something and it does help to a certain extent but he's been so anxious this year that it's been a bit of a nightmare even trying to get it on him. Tonight I'll get him to put it *before* the fireworks start though, I think my mistake is forgetting about it until he's already in a panic.
Have you tried a dap diffuser? 🐶

Reactions: 2
I am here for the doughnut chat. I’m boring AF though and love basic sugared ring doughnuts. I’m not a fan of doughnuts with fillings. We went to Doughnut Time once and I can’t say I was massively impressed for the price of them.
🔺 When I was a teen I worked at the well-known doughnut shop Krusty Kupkakes as we called it. We were allowed to bring home boxes of them if they were about to be chucked. The novelty of eating endless doughnuts wore off after a couple of months.
omg I hate donut time I don’t get it?! I’ve only been to the (short lived) one in city airport and they were SO dry, I don’t know if it was because they were positioned near the entrance so we’re constantly getting swooshed with cold air when the doors opened, or cos no one was buying them (evidently it only lasted a few months?) they weren’t fresh stock?? There was a healthy donut place in box park (shoreditch) with zebra print branding that was rancid too!

Reactions: 10
Have you tried a dap diffuser? 🐶
I haven't! I'd heard it didn't make much of a difference but I might give it a go anyway. I've tried calming pills in the past but they didn't help in the slightest, this year my vet said we could give him really high strength ones but I've not taken them up on that yet, don't really want a pure doped up dog although it might be preferable to this.

Reactions: 8
Especially the Sainsburys ones (when they aren’t overdone)
Hot seafront doughnuts too 😋
Still on a grunka so really hope this doesn’t land inappropriately...but yes yes yes to this!!! The sainos ones were like crack for me when pregnant - you can smell them as soon as you set foot in our store (or maybe my smell is still super heightened) even though the bakery is all the way at the back. The ones in ours are *chefs kiss every time. I prefer proper sugar on donuts not powered sugar. Also seaside donuts are amazing - and love that they’re hot.

Desperately trying to recall the place that sells Cronuts in East London - I worked off Brick Lane several years ago and a work thing I had to go to was round the corner and they were sublime (my geography of any is rubbish but it wasn’t a million miles from Brick Lane. This was easily 6/7 years ago now though!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m sure the dating chat has ended by now but just to let you know that I was sent an actual WANKING video by someone about a day after swapping numbers?! Close up with sound effects. I could not have been any drier.

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
I haven't! I'd heard it didn't make much of a difference but I might give it a go anyway. I've tried calming pills in the past but they didn't help in the slightest, this year my vet said we could give him really high strength ones but I've not taken them up on that yet, don't really want a pure doped up dog although it might be preferable to this.
Hi,
I have a RelaxoPet calmer for my cat.
It seems to work.
They do a version for dogs.

Reactions: 4
I’m sure the dating chat has ended by now but just to let you know that I was sent an actual WANKING video by someone about a day after swapping numbers?! Close up with sound effects. I could not have been any drier.
I used to have a guy who regularly sent me those...close up but totally silent, which was just creepy.

Has any woman ever actually requested a wanking video?!

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I mean who is going to open that and think. 'oh yeah, good conversation, nice looking and good wanking technique - I'll date him'??

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I mean who is going to open that and think. 'oh yeah, good conversation, nice looking and good wanking technique - I'll date him'??
worse than this (on online dating profiles) I would say is something written in the profile like "no witches, no gold diggers..." etc etc Yeh, starting your intro with sexist insults is a great first approach.
I don't know if anyone has used it, but there used to be (maybe still is?) a muslim version of Tinder (imaginatively called Minder) and after a break up, a Muslim friend at work (I am not Muslim) downloaded it on my fone. You would think a religious based dating app would be better but it was just as bad, dick pics, asking up front for sex on the first date etc etc. was a hilarious distraction from the mundanity of work though

• Haha
Reactions: 15
With regard to the profile pics of OLD I was shocked how many men over 50 thought it appropriate to have a profile picture of them in bed with no top on? There was the full spectrum of those who spend their lives in the gym to those who spend their lives in the chippy.

OLD update: I'm still texting both men. One chats away and responds quickly, is funny and his texts are sometimes cheeky but not flirty which is nice. The other has been open about his past when I have asked but its more of a polite conversation and we have a lot in common - I have 🔺 him and he works in a similar industry to mine. I am in a senior role but he is quite a few rungs up the ladder from me and I'm already overthinking things (he is too senior job wise, too clever etc).

In other news I had leftover cauliflower cheese for lunch which was lovely. For people in the north west have you have the Maray 'Disco Cauliflower' dish? Its veggie and is roasted with harissa, tahini, yoghurt and almonds and is divine.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
With regard to the profile pics of OLD I was shocked how many men over 50 thought it appropriate to have a profile picture of them in bed with no top on? There was the full spectrum of those who spend their lives in the gym to those who spend their lives in the chippy.

OLD update: I'm still texting both men. One chats away and responds quickly, is funny and his texts are sometimes cheeky but not flirty which is nice. The other has been open about his past when I have asked but its more of a polite conversation and we have a lot in common - I have 🔺 him and he works in a similar industry to mine. I am in a senior role but he is quite a few rungs up the ladder from me and I'm already overthinking things (he is too senior job wise, too clever etc).

In other news I had leftover cauliflower cheese for lunch which was lovely. For people in the north west have you have the Maray 'Disco Cauliflower' dish? Its veggie and is roasted with harissa, tahini, yoghurt and almonds and is divine.
how can you say too clever??? I am sure you are very intelligent too! Don't put yourself down!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Hear hear! He’s more senior because of the patriarchy - that’s all. Anyway, better too clever than thick as duck!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I have mentioned this on a dating thread here but the worst person I matched with on Tinder (luckily we added each other on FB) and spoke a lot there for a few weeks, turned out to be a conspiracy theorist and holocaust denier. We, of course, never went on a date.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I have mentioned this on a dating thread here but the worst person I matched with on Tinder (luckily we added each other on FB) and spoke a lot there for a few weeks, turned out to be a conspiracy theorist and holocaust denier. We, of course, never went on a date.
I had a date this summer with a FIREMAN and I was so excited because hello fantasies!!

Then he turned out to be a RACIST FIREMAN who kept complaining about Moroccans and asking me loads of weird questions about what apartheid was like. Most disappointing date ever, I was gutted.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
I had a date this summer with a FIREMAN and I was so excited because hello fantasies!!

Then he turned out to be a RACIST FIREMAN who kept complaining about Moroccans and asking me loads of weird questions about what apartheid was like. Most disappointing date ever, I was gutted.
omg that is such a letdown... how long did the date last?! I think this is the kind of date I would have "gone to the bathroom" and snuck out (yes, I have done this before)

Reactions: 10

Oh my word!

Reactions: 4
omg that is such a letdown... how long did the date last?! I think this is the kind of date I would have "gone to the bathroom" and snuck out (yes, I have done this before)
One drink and I was gone. I've never actually snuck out of a date before, too much of a wimp!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
OT but I (impulsively) bought something called THIS isn't chicken in waitrose yday, obv a veggie chicken substitute just out of curiosity. Anyone else used it? any advice?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hear hear! He’s more senior because of the patriarchy - that’s all. Anyway, better too clever than thick as duck!
omg I’m so glad you said this because I thought give over men get put in stations far above their ability all the bleeping time, it’s a joke. Women take so many batterings especially after having a kid, you’re probably smarter my love don’t let that dissuade you!

men are disgusting these awful videos you poor things! I think where they’re so horny and sexual they think women respond to that too and it’s the opposite it’s horrifying!! I don’t think most men realise nice fresh bed linen is more ~seductive than a pic of their dick focused in on the eye - if they did John Lewis stocks would soar 😂

Not sure if I’m in a tit mood or what but the MT is pissing me off too! Gonna order those donuts duck it x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Lol apparently we are awful (cool?) people for posting publicly in another part of tattle 😅 - hardly the 'gotcha' you think it is, honey.

I have never received an unsolicited dick pic in all my years of internet dating - dunno what I'm doing right (wrong?) but sometimes I think I'm missing out gaining some feminist stripes or sth?? 🥴

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.