Food & Drink #12 Willies and mash

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Man I only catch up on this thread every 7 days or so.

@Flumps sending ❤

Can I just say I’m a big fan of all types of willies...

Am I too late for a catto photo?

On my food plan this weekend: homemade pizza 🍕- 4 cheeses, croquettas with my friend tomorrow and the husband is craving F and C again...also considering some kind of lamb shank situation for Sunday.

xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 18
@Flumps big hugs. Like everyone else has said, he’s in the right place and being taken care of by the excellent staff. Hope they get to the bottom of it quickly and he’s feeling better soon. When we were in hospital on Monday we were fast tracked through everything as very few people are rocking up to A&E at the moment. Take care of yourself, and try not to panic.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Without wishing to be triangulated I grew up on a rough council estate with a sister who decided to be vegetarian and then vegan in the 1980s. Looking back my mum had to be really inventive but we always had an alternative non-meat meal option in the house. I grew up thinking this was totally normal, while I remember other kids coming to our house thinking we were an odd family! Going to restaurants wasn't a 'thing' then but when we got older and started eating out in (probably the early 2000s) it was so hard. I remember going out for a family birthday to a nice restaurant and the waiter calling my sister a rabbit as the only thing on the menu she could eat was a salad!
In the past few years there have been some amazing vegetarian and vegan restaurants opening and its been great to go out as a family and not think twice about accommodating everyone. I've not thought about this for a while but this thread reminded me today of how far we have come in how people can talk about food and diet without being judged or have to explain themselves and its a huge leap.

Is it safe to go to the MT?
Mackie s quiet today, apparently she’s tidying 🙄 translation hiding

Reactions: 11
Flumps, thinking of you, hope they get to the bottom of it quickly and sort him out.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Take care @Flumps. Must be really hard not being able to go in but hopefully they’ll update you soon. Hope he’s home and on the mend before long xx

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yes, I’m so glad you enjoyed it too!

I just remembered I snapped a photo before I ate mine Wednesday. Yours shows off more of the chicken, mines hiding under the courgette somewhere!
View attachment 285527
There was a shed load of courgette! I could probably have done with less and some mushroom instead but I’ve enjoyed it also I don’t have a little grater wotsit for the lime so just squeezed it in

• Heart
Lads, sorry, going to ask you to help me stop stressing. Spoke to my partner this morning and he said he'd been sick in the night, but more worryingly had massive abdominal pain and he sounded really out of it on the phone. Was planning to visit today, but moved it up from evening to morning as I was very worried about how he sounded. Got here, and he was really poorly (and he is normally super good at being ill). Decided he needed to see someone, like now, and struggled to get him into the car. Got him to hospital (thankfully not a long journey) and he vanished into A&E (can't be with him because Covid, let's not even go down the road of how that's making me feel). They looked worried about him at reception. He's had bloods done, seen the doctor and been sent for x-rays (currently waiting for them now). I have managed 3 hours of being calm since I left him, but I am no longer feeling so calm, which is highly unreasonable of me.

I think it would be better if I could have been there, I feel soooooo bad for leaving, although am 10mins from the hospital and he said there was no point me still in the car clocking up hours in the car park, but I am fretting about what it could be/how he's doing/feeling irrationally guilty for not being there. Can you all be sensible at me, pretty please?

ETA: sorry @Begborrowsteal, I meant to say, am rubbish, hurrah for smashing your first interview. Must be a good feeling. Please to have a small celebration this weekend. x
Omg my love I’m so sorry - if it’s any consolation hopefully it’s just an appendix which is keyhole surgery? Or maybe an impacted stool apparently that’s really common! I know you’re a familiar w hospital frau too so hoping this isn’t too intense to be like... impacted stool. Have you heard anything yet? Pls keep us updated ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Much love to you @Flumps. I can only echo what others have said. He’s in the best place and they’ll take good care of him. Hope you get some answers soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
So directly because of Marcus I have set up a monthly direct debit to Fareshare

Today I baked cinnamon buns and it made me realise my privilege that I can do that and that we always have food in the cupboard

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Lads, sorry, going to ask you to help me stop stressing. Spoke to my partner this morning and he said he'd been sick in the night, but more worryingly had massive abdominal pain and he sounded really out of it on the phone. Was planning to visit today, but moved it up from evening to morning as I was very worried about how he sounded. Got here, and he was really poorly (and he is normally super good at being ill). Decided he needed to see someone, like now, and struggled to get him into the car. Got him to hospital (thankfully not a long journey) and he vanished into A&E (can't be with him because Covid, let's not even go down the road of how that's making me feel). They looked worried about him at reception. He's had bloods done, seen the doctor and been sent for x-rays (currently waiting for them now). I have managed 3 hours of being calm since I left him, but I am no longer feeling so calm, which is highly unreasonable of me.

I think it would be better if I could have been there, I feel soooooo bad for leaving, although am 10mins from the hospital and he said there was no point me still in the car clocking up hours in the car park, but I am fretting about what it could be/how he's doing/feeling irrationally guilty for not being there. Can you all be sensible at me, pretty please?

ETA: sorry @Begborrowsteal, I meant to say, am rubbish, hurrah for smashing your first interview. Must be a good feeling. Please to have a small celebration this weekend. x
Oh Flumps hope everything is okay with your partner .Had he got everything he needs for the hospital ?When one of my relatives often had to go in at short notice I would make up overnight bag with PJ's dressing gown change of clothes and toiletries .It kept me busy and helped stopped me sitting worried. He'll be in the best hands take care of yourself and please don't feel guilty ❤

• Heart
Omg my love I’m so sorry - if it’s any consolation hopefully it’s just an appendix which is keyhole surgery? Or maybe an impacted stool apparently that’s really common! I know you’re a familiar w hospital frau too so hoping this isn’t too intense to be like... impacted stool. Have you heard anything yet? Pls keep us updated ❤
My first thought was appendix as well. That or gall bladder, which the ex-MrF once staggered into A&E doubled over in pain with and the reception staff thought he'd been shot (dodgy part of south London).

• Heart
Reactions: 15
❤ to you @Flumps

I am absolutely knackered tonight, lads. I can't even properly take in Jack's nonsense!🥴 it's been an awful week for many boring reasons. you know those times when everyone you've encountered has been unbearably annoying, but your head still says, "they're having a bad time too". it's that!

just about to embark upon a beige tea (turkey escalopes and chips) followed by a sheet mask and nail painting as we go boldly into tier 3. yay.😬

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Big hugs @Flumps He is definitely in the best place. We're all here for you! Will be thinking of you (and Mr Flumps of course) xx

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Thank you all so much. Sorry not to do individual thanks. I have got him back now. Not appendix, that was my guess too. I shan’t go into details for the sake of the poor man’s privacy, but v painful but not life threatening thing, follow up necessary and poss lifestyle changes. I feel very relieved, he feels terribly guilty for worrying me and bothering health people. Now he’s napping on the sofa next to me and I’m busy pretending that I have been FINE all along.
Thank you again. Sorry to go quiet after asking for support, but had to do work thing, then pick him up, then attempt to be nurse like.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Thank you all so much. Sorry not to do individual thanks. I have got him back now. Not appendix, that was my guess too. I shan’t go into details for the sake of the poor man’s privacy, but v painful but not life threatening thing, follow up necessary and poss lifestyle changes. I feel very relieved, he feels terribly guilty for worrying me and bothering health people. Now he’s napping on the sofa next to me and I’m busy pretending that I have been FINE all along.
Thank you again. Sorry to go quiet after asking for support, but had to do work thing, then pick him up, then attempt to be nurse like.
Glad hes home and ok! ❤

• Heart
Glad he's home and resting, much love to the Flumps ❤

• Heart
I haven't caught up here for a while but I wanted to share some baking. These are panellets, which are traditional in Catalunya at this time of year:

20201023_231244.jpg

They have an almost Jack Monroe-esque secret ingredient...

POTATO.

(yes, really)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.