Food & Drink #12 Willies and mash

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The MT.
Christ, fraus.

On topic. I got some reduced vivera shawarma(sp?) the other day and it was so lovely. I didn’t do what you’re probably supposed to do with it, but in a sandwich it was 😋.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Lads, sorry, going to ask you to help me stop stressing. Spoke to my partner this morning and he said he'd been sick in the night, but more worryingly had massive abdominal pain and he sounded really out of it on the phone. Was planning to visit today, but moved it up from evening to morning as I was very worried about how he sounded. Got here, and he was really poorly (and he is normally super good at being ill). Decided he needed to see someone, like now, and struggled to get him into the car. Got him to hospital (thankfully not a long journey) and he vanished into A&E (can't be with him because Covid, let's not even go down the road of how that's making me feel). They looked worried about him at reception. He's had bloods done, seen the doctor and been sent for x-rays (currently waiting for them now). I have managed 3 hours of being calm since I left him, but I am no longer feeling so calm, which is highly unreasonable of me.

I think it would be better if I could have been there, I feel soooooo bad for leaving, although am 10mins from the hospital and he said there was no point me still in the car clocking up hours in the car park, but I am fretting about what it could be/how he's doing/feeling irrationally guilty for not being there. Can you all be sensible at me, pretty please?

ETA: sorry @Begborrowsteal, I meant to say, am rubbish, hurrah for smashing your first interview. Must be a good feeling. Please to have a small celebration this weekend. x

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Lads, sorry, going to ask you to help me stop stressing. Spoke to my partner this morning and he said he'd been sick in the night, but more worryingly had massive abdominal pain and he sounded really out of it on the phone. Was planning to visit today, but moved it up from evening to morning as I was very worried about how he sounded. Got here, and he was really poorly (and he is normally super good at being ill). Decided he needed to see someone, like now, and struggled to get him into the car. Got him to hospital (thankfully not a long journey) and he vanished into A&E (can't be with him because Covid, let's not even go down the road of how that's making me feel). They looked worried about him at reception. He's had bloods done, seen the doctor and been sent for x-rays (currently waiting for them now). I have managed 3 hours of being calm since I left him, but I am no longer feeling so calm, which is highly unreasonable of me.

I think it would be better if I could have been there, I feel soooooo bad for leaving, although am 10mins from the hospital and he said there was no point me still in the car clocking up hours in the car park, but I am fretting about what it could be/how he's doing/feeling irrationally guilty for not being there. Can you all be sensible at me, pretty please?

ETA: sorry @Begborrowsteal, I meant to say, am rubbish, hurrah for smashing your first interview. Must be a good feeling. Please to have a small celebration this weekend. x
Oh Flumps! Poor you.

He’s in the best place and you are as close as can be to get there if needed, even through screens and PPE and whatnot. Obv. respect his privacy but do you have any idea what it could be, so you know potentially what to worry about?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Oh @Flumps it sucks not being able to be there with him. Completely normal to feel guilty about leaving him, it’s not the usual thing you would do when someone is in hospital! Stupid bastard Covid. But as he said it make sense you being at home rather than stuck in the car. Big hugs and I hope he is ok and home soon ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Oh Flumps! Poor you.

He’s in the best place and you are as close as can be to get there if needed, even through screens and PPE and whatnot. Obv. respect his privacy but do you have any idea what it could be, so you know potentially what to worry about?
No, not really. Relying on him for updates and I know how out of it he is, and so I'm getting v brief update texts as he goes from one test to another, but hard to pump the poor man too much for more info when he's struggling.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

He's in the best place to find out what's wrong and get him back to being himself ASAP, and it sounds like they're actually doing things relatively quickly. You're not far away and sitting in a cold car would only be more likely to make you ill and miserable too which wouldn't help anyone.

Hopefully they'll get to the bottom of it soon and you can relax. Try and distract yourself in the mean time, maybe make some comforting easy on the stomach food that can be in the fridge if he feels like eating in the next few days so he doesn't need to do much?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Oh Flumps ❤ its horrible now that you cant go in with people, it adds to the worry doesnt it? I hope hes ok! Youre close by, and hes in the best place!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
He's in the best place to find out what's wrong and get him back to being himself ASAP, and it sounds like they're actually doing things relatively quickly. You're not far away and sitting in a cold car would only be more likely to make you ill and miserable too which wouldn't help anyone.

Hopefully they'll get to the bottom of it soon and you can relax. Try and distract yourself in the mean time, maybe make some comforting easy on the stomach food that can be in the fridge if he feels like eating in the next few days so he doesn't need to do much?
This is an excellent idea. I prefer being practical. I've already cleaned the kitchen, because obvs sparkling hobs are key to recovery, but this seems actually useful.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Without wishing to be triangulated I grew up on a rough council estate with a sister who decided to be vegetarian and then vegan in the 1980s. Looking back my mum had to be really inventive but we always had an alternative non-meat meal option in the house. I grew up thinking this was totally normal, while I remember other kids coming to our house thinking we were an odd family! Going to restaurants wasn't a 'thing' then but when we got older and started eating out in (probably the early 2000s) it was so hard. I remember going out for a family birthday to a nice restaurant and the waiter calling my sister a rabbit as the only thing on the menu she could eat was a salad!
In the past few years there have been some amazing vegetarian and vegan restaurants opening and its been great to go out as a family and not think twice about accommodating everyone. I've not thought about this for a while but this thread reminded me today of how far we have come in how people can talk about food and diet without being judged or have to explain themselves and its a huge leap.

The MT.
Christ, fraus.

On topic. I got some reduced vivera shawarma(sp?) the other day and it was so lovely. I didn’t do what you’re probably supposed to do with it, but in a sandwich it was 😋.
Is it safe to go to the MT?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Without wishing to be triangulated I grew up on a rough council estate with a sister who decided to be vegetarian and then vegan in the 1980s. Looking back my mum had to be really inventive but we always had an alternative non-meat meal option in the house. I grew up thinking this was totally normal, while I remember other kids coming to our house thinking we were an odd family! Going to restaurants wasn't a 'thing' then but when we got older and started eating out in (probably the early 2000s) it was so hard. I remember going out for a family birthday to a nice restaurant and the waiter calling my sister a rabbit as the only thing on the menu she could eat was a salad!
In the past few years there have been some amazing vegetarian and vegan restaurants opening and its been great to go out as a family and not think twice about accommodating everyone. I've not thought about this for a while but this thread reminded me today of how far we have come in how people can talk about food and diet without being judged or have to explain themselves and its a huge leap.

Is it safe to go to the MT?
I have allergies and the menus have got much better at listing ingredients too.

Reactions: 8

Sorry my love I bombed my tea in there without grunking. It’s easy for me to say try not to worry but ❤ Hugs, can someone in there update you? You’ve done the right thing x

ETA I’m thinking if you give them a ring I’m sure they must have systems in place due to covid x

• Heart
Reactions: 18
The MT.
Christ, fraus.

Yeah I'm getting mighty annoyed by the MT

Oh Flumps fingers x'd all ok 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Sorry I must have been writing as you were posting. Ignore my indulgent rant. A&E is the best place for him. The health professionals know how to look after people who dont have support because of C19 so they will step in. With things being the way they are he will most likely be fast tracked as so many other 'normal' hospital clinics are not taking place. We are in a pandemic, its shite. You not being there is helping him and everyone else not spread the disease. Think about what you can do, text, be the support he needs from afar and reassure him no matter what that you will be there. Hope you are ok xx

• Heart
@Flumps
Big hug. Trying not to worry in a situation like this is an exercise in futility. Like everyone has said, he’s in the best place right now. Hold tight ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 14
My usually busy London A&E was dead last Friday afternoon when I had to go in. Most people who would turn up for any old thing are staying home so he may be seen by the right people very very quickly. As another poster said - very few clinics open too. ❤❤❤

• Heart
I have allergies and the menus have got much better at listing ingredients too.
Our school is really good at explaining how everyone needs to be responsible and aware of allergies. Both my kids read the ingredients list on every snack/breakfast bar/ flapjack to make sure that there are no nuts. I always feel proud when they do but the school should take all the credit.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.