Food & Drink #12 Willies and mash

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh god sorry to laugh I know you’re cross it’s your way with words!
I’m so sorry guys I know this is literally insane of me but I can’t believe it, I just need to share my truth 😭 I think the only solution is next time he goes to the dentist to ask them for advice and I know he’ll resist but what if it just gets worse with age! I’ve said do we need to get arm & hammer toothpaste that tastes like salt (why is this!) as I think the mint may agitate his throat hence the constant dry heaving, I’m not even adverse to trying him back on kids toothpaste as surely he wasn’t doing this as a child?!

Also it doesn’t help that I’m livid we had our security system serviced and they’ve charged us £50 for £14 worth of batteries (checked Amazon), next year I’m buying them in advance and asking them to fit them cos I hate stuff like that - I’d sooner they doubled the Labour cost of the service than pull a Jack Monroe on us. The guy was also clearly stoned which is fine if you’re just doing your spreadsheets but he was going up to near roof height on a ladder?! I suppose he knows his limits who am I to judge.

Rants over sorry guys just 😫😫😫😫 please let the vaccine be found soon

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
I’m so sorry guys I know this is literally insane of me but I can’t believe it, I just need to share my truth 😭 I think the only solution is next time he goes to the dentist to ask them for advice and I know he’ll resist but what if it just gets worse with age! I’ve said do we need to get arm & hammer toothpaste that tastes like salt (why is this!) as I think the mint may agitate his throat hence the constant dry heaving, I’m not even adverse to trying him back on kids toothpaste as surely he wasn’t doing this as a child?!

Also it doesn’t help that I’m livid we had our security system serviced and they’ve charged us £50 for £14 worth of batteries (checked Amazon), next year I’m buying them in advance and asking them to fit them cos I hate stuff like that - I’d sooner they doubled the Labour cost of the service than pull a Jack Monroe on us. The guy was also clearly stoned which is fine if you’re just doing your spreadsheets but he was going up to near roof height on a ladder?! I suppose he knows his limits who am I to judge.

Kids toothpaste tho 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Guys sorry this is insane but I need to get this off my chest before I murder someone & need some frau lols because I’m FEWMIN!

I cannot describe how loudly my husband brushes his teeth enough, and I’m not even joking it’s actually becoming a problem. Before lockdown I’d leave the house before him & go to bed before him so I must have never heard it? I got to marriage stage without knowing this.

It is so bleeping loud that in lockdown I had my friend in the garden, husband was in bathroom and mate was like what the duck is that noise?! He didn’t believe me. I’ve been in work calls at home (this happened twice)speaking and people are like what the duck is that noise. Both times we’ve been in entirely different FLOORS much less rooms.

I can’t describe the noise other than you know the phlegm hacking up noise he’ll do at least 3 of them and then cough and splutter then more throat noises? What the duck is this?? Is there a cure? Is this just how men brush their teeth?

I’ve lost the plot cos last night he woke me and baby up at midnight with it, I’ve said evening tooth brushing has to occur downstairs but I know he’ll “forget”. He didn’t even shut the door? Honestly guys I think I could eat shards of glass quieter than this tooth brushing?
Absolutely amazed you got this far in the relationship without noticing 😂 My ex did this too and I thought he might’ve been bulimic at first. When I eventually asked he told me it was an OCD thing (genuine diagnosis), might be just one of those weird habits we all have in your husband’s case?

Take him to get hypnotised? Soundproof the bathroom? Set him up in a granny annexe? Honestly no ideas, sorry!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

Is he brushing his tongue and it's causing him to gag?

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Does he smoke or have post nasal drip? Could also ask advice from ENT forum or doctor to see how common this is? If he uses a manual toothbrush then try an electric one?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Guys sorry this is insane but I need to get this off my chest before I murder someone & need some frau lols because I’m FEWMIN!

I cannot describe how loudly my husband brushes his teeth enough, and I’m not even joking it’s actually becoming a problem. Before lockdown I’d leave the house before him & go to bed before him so I must have never heard it? I got to marriage stage without knowing this.

It is so bleeping loud that in lockdown I had my friend in the garden, husband was in bathroom and mate was like what the duck is that noise?! He didn’t believe me. I’ve been in work calls at home (this happened twice)speaking and people are like what the duck is that noise. Both times we’ve been in entirely different FLOORS much less rooms.

I can’t describe the noise other than you know the phlegm hacking up noise he’ll do at least 3 of them and then cough and splutter then more throat noises? What the duck is this?? Is there a cure? Is this just how men brush their teeth?

I’ve lost the plot cos last night he woke me and baby up at midnight with it, I’ve said evening tooth brushing has to occur downstairs but I know he’ll “forget”. He didn’t even shut the door? Honestly guys I think I could eat shards of glass quieter than this tooth brushing?
Omg I want to laugh as like Alan says it’s the way you write but I get the rage when it’s something you can’t not tune into when it’s happening. Let alone the fact it’s waking a sleeping baby.

My mum will always gag when cleaning her teeth, though not audible unless you happen to walk past the bathroom - but she has a super sensitive gag reflex and always has. It’a a bit of a family joke as she can gag at most things eg offensive smells, stuff on the tv etc.

Worth trying a different toothpaste as like you say it could be making the issue worse. Does he have an electric toothbrush - purely thinking (and could be wrong here) that as they tend to have smaller heads theoretically it should be on the teeth only/less chance of being near his tongue - assuming it is just him gagging?

I don’t normally advocate this but is it worth googling to see if it’s a common thing/what can resolve it?

ETA - Meant I don’t normally advocate ‘Dr Google’ as it can sometimes be a rabbit hole of misinformation and/or scare you more than it can help.

• Heart

Oh no I didn’t realise it was dry heaves bleeping hell! 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
I dont have a sensitive gag reflex usually (oi oi /jack) but when i brush my top back teeth or my tongue, I end up heaving. But the OH, jeez. He proper hacks up right from the bottom of his throat. But hes a smoker and a grotbag so 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Omg sorry guys I didn’t think this would end up setting the topic of today’s chat you poor things! Please tell me what you’ve had for breakfast / lunch so you’ve not got to think about this strange man and his teeth!

Something that is actually funny - he spent a stupid amount on a fancy electric toothbrush... because it’s silent 😂 The heads are small but maybe the power of it is just all too much? I know he presses too hard cos his heads end up mushed up (the toothbrush tells you this but maybe it enters stun mode when he starts). I will ask about his tongue and if he’s actually brushing his throat too, even tho he’s terrified of the covid tests you see on tv so can’t imagine he’s doing that intentionally? He’s gotten upset I said we should ask his mum if he did it as a child and he’s been really apologetic and given me the last chocolate breakfast bar so I feel really mean now ☹

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

Divorce is clearly the only cure. I can’t stand phlegm hacking. I’m of a sensitive disposition and it would probably make me gag hearing it.

• Haha
Omg sorry guys I didn’t think this would end up setting the topic of today’s chat you poor things! Please tell me what you’ve had for breakfast / lunch so you’ve not got to think about this strange man and his teeth!

Something that is actually funny - he spent a stupid amount on a fancy electric toothbrush... because it’s silent 😂 The heads are small but maybe the power of it is just all too much? I know he presses too hard cos his heads end up mushed up (the toothbrush tells you this but maybe it enters stun mode when he starts). I will ask about his tongue and if he’s actually brushing his throat too, even tho he’s terrified of the covid tests you see on tv so can’t imagine he’s doing that intentionally? He’s gotten upset I said we should ask his mum if he did it as a child and he’s been really apologetic and given me the last chocolate breakfast bar so I feel really mean now ☹
Oh bless him 😂💙

• Haha
Reactions: 12
@heretoreaditall2019 I know I shouldn't find it funny but this cracked me up 🤣 I remember a dental hygienist telling me once that blokes often brush too hard and end up ruining their gums, maybe he's just being overzealous with the toothbrush? Definitely get him an appointment with the dentist and get him to ask them about it, can't be comfortable for him poor bloke!

Maybe your husband and my partner should join bathroom forces with their ridiculous toothbrushing and over-showering!

Got a cheeky extra day off this week as our childminder has had to take a few days off, so I've spoken to my manager and am spending the day with my boy 🤗 He's been really lovely today, he's learnt how to do teddy bear tea parties such we've been spending the morning making pretend food and drink and 'feeding' the teddies. Mind you he still had one of his famous freakouts when I told him it was time to get back in the pram after our walk!

Been watching a documentary about paramedics and 999 call handlers and what they've been through since March. There's a lot of former call handlers who came back, even if just part-time or around childcare committments because they wanted to help. One was a really sweet, v posh lad who decided to defer uni and work in the call handling team instead. Gave me the eye wets and made me think if JM is so hard up for cash and wants to make a real difference to people, why not put her fire service call handling experience to good use to do something like that?

• Heart
  • Haha
My interesting (not) breakfast was a bowl of porridge plus sultanas.
Our recycling has changed and we now have to separate it into 4 categories. Last week it was left because it was incorrectly sorted. This week I went through it all, constantly referring to the handbook (never wanted to be a bin man).
Door knocked this morning, bin man telling me the rubbish was wrong, apparently if you can squash something it’s not recyclable 🤪.
We’re given 45 minutes to re-sort the rubbish. Was on the street with a coat over my dressing gown, in my slippers in the rain going through the bins🤬.
Don’t know yet if it’s passed the test.
Feel much better after my rant👍

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
My held together with string block of flats has paper bag walls and my upstairs neighbour does the disgusting phlegm thing every five mins or so, honest to god. I can never just have silence as I wait for it. He is an alcoholic and has a tit ton of other problems so his health isn’t the best but dear god, I hate him and all who sail in him. Also, our layouts are the same and I hear it in every room, where does it go?

🔺My son has an electric toothbrush and his braces batter a brush head a month.🔺

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
My held together with string block of flats has paper bag walls and my upstairs neighbour does the disgusting phlegm thing every five mins or so, honest to god. I can never just have silence as I wait for it. He is an alcoholic and has a tit ton of other problems so his health isn’t the best but dear god, I hate him and all who sail in him. Also, our layouts are the same and I hear it in every room, where does it go?

🔺My son has an electric toothbrush and his braces batter a brush head a month.🔺
Neighbour sounds like a nightmare :confused:
Do you buy the unbranded brush heads? They’re so much cheaper if you can find compatible ones

Reactions: 9
Neighbour sounds like a nightmare :confused:
Do you buy the unbranded brush heads? They’re so much cheaper if you can find compatible ones
There is actually a thread about electric toothbrushes on Tattle. I’m looking for a new one and am going to get one on EBay.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
unfortunately I fell off the chocolate button wagon last night after my parents decided that they no longer wanted to meet in a random service station car park in the middle of the country as it was too risky. They are in the vaccine trial and my dad is still recovering from being knocked off his bike and I haven’t seen them since the beginning of February. Needless to say I am heartbroken. Curry has gone in the freezer. Kale potatoes tonight.
Aww sorry to hear - would they meet you in a quiet park on a weekday while walking spaced out or are your parents planning on remaining inside? So far I’ve only managed distances walks in the park with mine.

Our recycling has changed and we now have to separate it into 4 categories. Last week it was left because it was incorrectly sorted. This week I went through it all, constantly referring to the handbook (never wanted to be a bin man).
Door knocked this morning, bin man telling me the rubbish was wrong, apparently if you can squash something it’s not recyclable 🤪.
We’re given 45 minutes to re-sort the rubbish. Was on the street with a coat over my dressing gown, in my slippers in the rain going through the bins🤬.
Ugh that sounds like such a faff! I'm lucky i just have a green bin and shove it all in there whereas my colleague who lives in a neighbouring borough has like 4 different bags and boxes. Madness. My in laws only just got issued a black bin last year, before that they were still only using refuse sacks which the foxes kept ripping.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7

Definite Bin bleep tale right there.

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.