Food & Drink #12 Willies and mash

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tonight we had Beyond Burgers 🍔 they are the nicest ones I’ve had to date

They had a very meaty texture which I appreciate isn’t something that everyone is looking for in a veggie burger

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I came in here looking for some light relief and Penguins Across The Miles has really worked 😀

thank(space)you Poca, Alan and, indeed, McVities 😍

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I would gladly be Poca’s sock puppet, her sock game is stronger than a pescatarian bodybuilder 💪🏼

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Made another terrible food decision and decided, as i was out of butter but really wanting a sandwich, i would use a thin layer of mustard at top and bottom of sandwich to glue ham and cheese in there 🥪 🙃

For some reason the "eye wets inducing" heat is solely confined to my nose rather than my mouth, but that is sparse comfort when every breath feels like you just deeply inhaled burning ash. Fetch me a sling im apparently a big baby 🤣🤣🤣

Terribly worried im turning into Jack Monroe with my inability to produce an edible meal 😐

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Meal tonight was bubble and squeak cakes, with fried eggs and mushrooms.
Hope everyone has a better evening (and hope your takeaway was nice @Flumps)View attachment 290362
Although eggs are few and far between in our house.... unless something happens to the dog (😳), I feel you missed a trick on the description of them here. Were they not soft? Drenched in pepper? Have a final addition of fish or lemon?

The bubble and squeak cakes sound fab.

unfortunately I fell off the chocolate button wagon last night after my parents decided that they no longer wanted to meet in a random service station car park in the middle of the country as it was too risky. They are in the vaccine trial and my dad is still recovering from being knocked off his bike and I haven’t seen them since the beginning of February. Needless to say I am heartbroken. Curry has gone in the freezer. Kale potatoes tonight.

@Flumps getting some resolution by speaking to someone will help, but you should also prioritise what you need. I agree with those that say don’t worry about normal routines,when you are stressed your body craves ( and needs )certain foods and will sleep when it needs to. You can put the green veg back in after.🤗

• Heart
Reactions: 24
unfortunately I fell off the chocolate button wagon last night after my parents decided that they no longer wanted to meet in a random service station car park in the middle of the country as it was too risky. They are in the vaccine trial and my dad is still recovering from being knocked off his bike and I haven’t seen them since the beginning of February. Needless to say I am heartbroken. Curry has gone in the freezer. Kale potatoes tonight.

@Flumps getting some resolution by speaking to someone will help, but you should also prioritise what you need. I agree with those that say don’t worry about normal routines,when you are stressed your body craves ( and needs )certain foods and will sleep when it needs to. You can put the green veg back in after.🤗
So sorry you didn't get to see your parents. That absolutely sucks. This is such a crappy time for everyone. xxxx

I was just saying to my mum on the phone that apparently my body is craving biscuits. Not sure why, I'm not normally fussed by biscuits, but right now chocolate biscuits seem to be the order of the day.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Sorry I'm late too because I've been BUSY but yes, bingo, it is indeed Whitley Bay!

Spanish City was restored and reopened a couple of years ago, it's got a posh fish and chip restaurant, a tearoom beloved of glam nanas, a champagne bar and a nice micropub. Still has the proper arcades and Di Meo's ice cream (the best ever 😋) right behind it so it seems to be striking the right balance between traditional seaside and modern, family-friendly places to get a good coffee. Bloody love it up here like.

ETA: North East frau meet-up once this ducking 'rona is over/the Tories get their arses in gear (I know which one seems more likely). I can't be the only one in this neck of the woods!

Baked spud update: disappointing. We had the reduced sugar/salt baked beans for the sake of the toddler but they aren't a patch on Heinz. Anyone got good ideas for vegan jacket potato fillings to try in future?
Aww, my first foray into the Food and Drink thread (never normally have time to keep up with the JM one, never mind the spin-off!) and what do I find but DiMeo's ice cream? Soooooo good - last time I was there I had some kind of amareno cherry thing and it was amazing.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Guys sorry this is insane but I need to get this off my chest before I murder someone & need some frau lols because I’m FEWMIN!

I cannot describe how loudly my husband brushes his teeth enough, and I’m not even joking it’s actually becoming a problem. Before lockdown I’d leave the house before him & go to bed before him so I must have never heard it? I got to marriage stage without knowing this.

It is so bleeping loud that in lockdown I had my friend in the garden, husband was in bathroom and mate was like what the duck is that noise?! He didn’t believe me. I’ve been in work calls at home (this happened twice)speaking and people are like what the duck is that noise. Both times we’ve been in entirely different FLOORS much less rooms.

I can’t describe the noise other than you know the phlegm hacking up noise he’ll do at least 3 of them and then cough and splutter then more throat noises? What the duck is this?? Is there a cure? Is this just how men brush their teeth?

I’ve lost the plot cos last night he woke me and baby up at midnight with it, I’ve said evening tooth brushing has to occur downstairs but I know he’ll “forget”. He didn’t even shut the door? Honestly guys I think I could eat shards of glass quieter than this tooth brushing?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Guys sorry this is insane but I need to get this off my chest before I murder someone & need some frau lols because I’m FEWMIN!

I cannot describe how loudly my husband brushes his teeth enough, and I’m not even joking it’s actually becoming a problem. Before lockdown I’d leave the house before him & go to bed before him so I must have never heard it? I got to marriage stage without knowing this.

It is so bleeping loud that in lockdown I had my friend in the garden, husband was in bathroom and mate was like what the duck is that noise?! He didn’t believe me. I’ve been in work calls at home (this happened twice)speaking and people are like what the duck is that noise. Both times we’ve been in entirely different FLOORS much less rooms.

I can’t describe the noise other than you know the phlegm hacking up noise he’ll do at least 3 of them and then cough and splutter then more throat noises? What the duck is this?? Is there a cure? Is this just how men brush their teeth?

I’ve lost the plot cos last night he woke me and baby up at midnight with it, I’ve said evening tooth brushing has to occur downstairs but I know he’ll “forget”. He didn’t even shut the door? Honestly guys I think I could eat shards of glass quieter than this tooth brushing?
Oh god sorry to laugh I know you’re cross it’s your way with words!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.