Food & Drink #12 Willies and mash

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I spotted these the other day and wondered if they were any good. I think they also do a falafel mix too that I'd like to try. Thanks for the ideas, getting a bit stuck in a rut food-wise at the moment so these are really helpful.
I think it’s only £1, so deffo worth a try. I’ve made chilli and sloppy joes with it.

Reactions: 7

aw, glad Spanish city's been restored honestly, every time I go back to the Proper North, *something's* changed or got posher! it kinda feels like time's stood still down here (🔺️Sheffield) I really miss the toon (and surrounding areas)

Reactions: 11
aw, glad Spanish city's been restored honestly, every time I go back to the Proper North, *something's* changed or got posher! it kinda feels like time's stood still down here (🔺️Sheffield) I really miss the toon (and surrounding areas)
My Nana’s fuming about ‘what they’ve done to Morpeth’ (gentrified it!)

Reactions: 15

they don't like change, do they?! and, seriously, morpeth's been gentrified? I'm truly shocked! God, I wish Sheffield city council would spend more cash on public spaces than chopping down trees might improve things

Reactions: 10
Hahaha Morpeth is soooo FANCY, we pop up there occasionally to wander around the JoJo Maman Bebe and explain to our child what his life could have been like if he'd been born to a better class of parent. Have to fight the posh nans for the nice knickers in the M&S there (they always win).

Reactions: 14
Thank you both for this. I have this book and whilst it doesn’t reflect any Christmas I’ve ever had (my childhood Christmases were an explosion of tinsel in garish 80s colours, Noddy Holder played on loop and dinner courtesy of Aunt Bessie) I still love it because it’s complete escapism in winter evenings. I’ve joined the group also and look forward to dusting the book off to read again.

I know I've only passed through morpeth a few times many years ago but omg, I can't imagine this!

Reactions: 7
I know I've only passed through morpeth a few times many years ago but omg, I can't imagine this!
Yeah they’ve changed the entire layout kept a tiny part of Sanderson arcade and got rid of ‘normal people shops’ (even tho there’s a massive Morrison’s) it’s very very middle class

God I'm living for this North East chat. Soz soft southerners

Reactions: 16
I won’t tell you where I’m from (don’t live in the NE now anyway) but on right move it’s down as ‘outer Morpeth’ and they put that on the window of the new co-op til everyone went apeshit

Reactions: 13
Same .

I am fiercely protective of my little NE town even though I wasn’t born here. I did make a brief foray down to the ‘boro a few years ago, however Mrs Tunnel being a true Geordie just couldn’t get on with it and we had to move back pretty sharpish .

Reactions: 8

oh, I'm so out of touch. I read a novel set mostly in Newcastle recently (boy parts by Eliza Clark - excellent, but grisly) and i got obsessed with a reference to a Tesco on clayton street and I'm like I literally lived on clayton street (20 years ago, somehow ) where is this Tesco?! anyhoo, I've triangulated it now and looking on streetview, man the whole area's completely different from what I remember! good to see the black garter's still there, like

Very weird how the places in your head aren’t the same any more. There’s fuck loads of bypasses, roads that were there aren’t there any more and there’s roundabouts that never were... then teeny little ancient things still are there and the memories come whacking back

Reactions: 9

yes absolutely! I don't drive, but I feel like I've noticed this when my boyfriend drives us up to my dad's, like, oh that's a whole new slip road to the metrocentre, whatever

and yes to the teeny things too oh, and although it's not at all teeny, going past penshaw monument always gets me. especially when it's dark and it's lit up.

Reactions: 8
yes absolutely! I don't drive, but I feel like I've noticed this when my boyfriend drives us up to my dad's, like, oh that's a whole new slip road to the metrocentre, whatever

and yes to the teeny things too
I never drove when I lived there but I walked the roads and got the bus and it’s just weird there’s a particular road that doesn’t exist now and you don’t have to drive through the village any more so it’s somehow even more out of the way. But the old colliery buildings are still up, mad

As a softy southerner with roots in the northI’m loving it too. Amble surprised me so much on my last trip up. It’s transformed!
I think Northumberland’s been so popular for tourism the last 5-10 years it’s had a bit more money in it for development in the coastal areas at least

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.