Food and Drink #53

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I read somewhere that one of his favourite films is Galaxina, "starring" Dorothy Stratten. Galaxina is on Youtube so I watched it. It's rubbish. There's a decent space comedy in there trying to get out, but the director is so obsessed with the weak "sexy lady robot" storyline tht he ignores the rest of the film.

My avatar is the Rock Eater from Galaxina. He is funnier than Galaxina herself and doesn't get nearly enough screen time.

Reactions: 7
I‘m allowed to admit I like quite a few things about Bad Taste since that guy started doing Hobbit films. 🎥 #filmbuff

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It’s True Romance for me. Me and my best mate went to see it when we were 15 (we had to pretend to her dad we were seeing something else) and it literally changed my brain chemistry.

I’ve just had some Hash Browns done in the air fryer and they were perfection. I had them in a sandwich with some Squeaky Bean pastrami, Cheddarton and French’s mustard. Had to cut the crusts off though because of my poorly gob.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I've just crammed 15 hours of Posh Housekeeper work into two days.

I've packed my car with homewares and light furniture (tranche 1 of The Move.)

I've selected four audio books (four, in case of disgust and disappointment with any one of them.)

I have my protein packed picnic lunch, and cold brew coffee, ready for a couple of lovely stops tomorrow.

I guess I'm heading on a road trip to Watermelon, Victoria plus a long fun weekend in Melbourne with my former Brisbane Crew!
---
Mcm and wooh cover your eyes.
He worked in a video store , so he watched everything.
I used to be 🔥 but I don't have a clue what this means.

Too much time running around in pony paddocks? Too much yoga? Too much recluse?

I really, really, used to know what was going on.
---
Mcm and wooh cover your eyes.
He worked in a video store , so he watched everything.
I GOT IT! I'M BACK!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I had terrible taste in films when I was a tween/teen. I thought Dead Poet's Society was sooo meaningful and I loved the Police Academy films.

(I did like some good things too...)

• Heart
IMG_1174.jpeg

tonight’s dinner. Went and ate it all again so no actual pic 🤣
---
On the subject of films, we went to see Garfield today. Kids loved it. Then we did arcade games.
---
I had terrible taste in films when I was a tween/teen. I thought Dead Poet's Society was sooo meaningful and I loved the Police Academy films.

(I did like some good things too...)
Don’t tell me why dead poets is terrible. I saw it years ago and want to keep some memories intact 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Nothing wrong with loving Police Academy films! I had a crush on Steve Guttenberg, which is how I ended up watching High Spirits many, many times over...

The two films we do watch regularly from that sort of era, because they're two of Mr F's favourite films ever, are Major League and Down Periscope.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
As someone who spent the 80s constantly bunking into cinema, getting video nasties and watching classics there were some excellent films made.
Rocky was early 80s I think. Brilliant film. Airplane? And 2, hysterical. I could go on for years, just doing British comedy's. Condorman? Got Frank Spencer in Hollywood. Betty was married to James wooodwood in real life.
Eta rocky was 76, I probably only saw it in the 80s. Like Jaws.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I live a good violent, funny gangster film but my two favourite movies out of everything I've ever watched would have to be The Lion King (loved it so much I got the sleeve tattoo) and Highlander.
I told Harold I want to call my next cat Kurgan. Or Clancy, after Clancy Brown.

• Heart
Any film that queen done the sound track on is great. I'm not a queen fan really, but I love that freddy wanted to do it all. Proper soundtrack to a film. You don't get full soundtrack albums like you once did. I remember the film 'breakdance' and suddenly kids new kraftwark and rap in my school. 2 older brothers, I was blessed with hearing and watching stuff I shouldn't have been .

• Heart
As someone who spent the 80s constantly bunking into cinema, getting video nasties and watching classics there were some excellent films made.
Rocky was early 80s I think. Brilliant film. Airplane? And 2, hysterical. I could go on for years, just doing British comedy's. Condorman? Got Frank Spencer in Hollywood. Betty was married to James wooodwood in real life.
Eta rocky was 76, I probably only saw it in the 80s. Like Jaws.
My dad let me watch Jaws when it was first on telly. My mum was out for the evening. I was 6.
I refused to flush the toilet for absolutely ages afterwards in case a shark came up the pipes. Was also scared of the grids and filters in the swimming pool.
BUT it also made me obsessed with sharks and they’re still one of my favourite animals. Would love to go diving with them and one of my favourite holiday pastimes is snorkelling so I can have a good nosey at what the fishy folk are up to ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Nothing wrong with loving Police Academy films! I had a crush on Steve Guttenberg, which is how I ended up watching High Spirits many, many times over...

The two films we do watch regularly from that sort of era, because they're two of Mr F's favourite films ever, are Major League and Down Periscope.
No way - I also had a crush on Steve Guttenberg! That film where there are alien pods in a swimming pool and the old people start acting young! I told one of my mum’s friends it was brilliant and she went to see it and mum told me off for sending her to a tit film! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
No way - I also had a crush on Steve Guttenberg! That film where there are alien pods in a swimming pool and the old people start acting young! I told one of my mum’s friends it was brilliant and she went to see it and mum told me off for sending her to a tit film! 🤣
Yet they made another one
Eta . I'm going through the 80s in must see films. 1 a year. 1980 there is so many good ones, if only one
The Blues Brothers .

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.