Food and Drink #47

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know I’m very late to the party on this but OMG how much better is Dopesick compared to Painkiller? We didn’t have Disney when we watched Painkiller, we now have it on a free trial and have got rid of Netflix and I’m 😳😤☹ all over again.

I was raging back when I taught addiction and it was on my “what can we get miss to rant about so we can avoid work” list and I’m raging now.

Honestly. Breathtaking and heartbreaking.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I cannot tell you how much I am loving Resident Alien (starring Alan Tudyk). Please, I implore you, if you have SyFy/Sky give it a go!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Just went out in the heat to replenish supplies, it's gross out there.
I feel so bad for the horses running in the Melbourne Cup today, it can't be pleasant for them. At least all the bogans and Zlebs get to play and drink booze in their air conditioned enclosed spaces though. A-holes.

I used to work with a woman who was miffed that I wouldn't take part in the sweepstakes as I don't agree with horse racing in general. She told me "The horses love it!". Not sure if that's true.

Anyway, we have potato salad with grated carrot on crusty rolls (baps, barms etc) for lunch and tea, perfect on a hot day while we wait for the spring thunderstorm to roll in.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
A) what’s a bogan?

B) ummm. Crusty roll. Deffo not a stottie. Stotties are not crusty.

C) Wear sunscreen. Floss. Stretch. 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 8
A) what’s a bogan?

B) ummm. Crusty roll. Deffo not a stottie. Stotties are not crusty.

C) Wear sunscreen. Floss. Stretch. 😊
A bogan is maybe a bit like a chav? The meaning has changed a lot since I first heard the word. It used to mean guys with non-ironic mullets, flannel shirts and loud cars. Now it's a bit more influencers-types with money but taste.
When I was a kid the word 'Bethan' was in use, not like the pretty Welsh name but like Elizabethan. Elizabeth is an absolutely massive suburb in South Australia that has lots of council-owned housing and a very high crime rate.

Thank you for the Stottie info, I read about them often. I wear sunscreen all year round but I haven't flossed today.
Stretching is performed by Lady Miss Susan, enough for the whole (a sort of whell) family.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
We have lots of mullets here atm. I’m at a loss to know if they are ironic or not. I think my neighbour’s son (who is 21) has an ironic one but I’m not sure. He loves tunnel dog so I don’t care either way.

Council housing is called scheme housing on Mario’s thread. You learn so much here.

Stotties should really come from Greggs but Cooplands will do. I can eat pease pudding with a spoon so we don’t make the stottie and pease pudding sandwiches very often.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hello! I found you all 😊

I’m so bad at searching that if threads move quickly I have to hope F&D happens to pop up on new posts when I’m awake early

• Heart
Reactions: 11
We have lots of mullets here atm. I’m at a loss to know if they are ironic or not. I think my neighbour’s son (who is 21) has an ironic one but I’m not sure. He loves tunnel dog so I don’t care either way.

Council housing is called scheme housing on Mario’s thread. You learn so much here.

Stotties should really come from Greggs but Cooplands will do. I can eat pease pudding with a spoon so we don’t make the stottie and pease pudding sandwiches very often.
If you want to see OG bogans check this short clip out. In Sydney there's a subset of bogans called Housos. Short for Housing Association Tenants.
This is what some Aussies actually do live like.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
If you want to see OG bogans check this short clip out. In Sydney there's a subset of bogans called Housos. Short for Housing Association Tenants.
Is it because it’s so hot and you have huge spiders? (Although come to my city after Wednesday sports afternoon and it’s pretty much the same 🤣🤣🤣)

• Haha
Is it because it’s so hot and you have huge spiders? (Although come to my city after Wednesday sports afternoon and it’s pretty much the same 🤣🤣🤣)
Hahaha! I think it's worldwide, honestly.
Some areas of Canada are full of similar people. I'd have to ask one of my cousins what they call their bogans though.

• Haha
It’s Tuesday. It’s not torrential (yet- waiting for that tomorrow). There are Poohs in the world.

There’s only one thing to say

• Heart
Ummmm, hello? This looks ~mighty~ fine. Just as well Waitrose has decided that the North doesn’t deserve their shops (apart from a very little one and a select few very far apart) otherwise bad things could happen here.

ETA - not my hand.
IMG_4899.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Is it weird my head went first to spice the street weed rather than mulled spice? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I feel like my area is maybe two steps above this, it’s overrun with dickheads of mopeds and stolen bikes, balaclavas on, sometimes on the pavement 😬
And everywhere smells of weed.
---
Just went out in the heat to replenish supplies, it's gross out there.
I feel so bad for the horses running in the Melbourne Cup today, it can't be pleasant for them. At least all the bogans and Zlebs get to play and drink booze in their air conditioned enclosed spaces though. A-holes.

I used to work with a woman who was miffed that I wouldn't take part in the sweepstakes as I don't agree with horse racing in general. She told me "The horses love it!". Not sure if that's true.

Anyway, we have potato salad with grated carrot on crusty rolls (baps, barms etc) for lunch and tea, perfect on a hot day while we wait for the spring thunderstorm to roll in.
I can’t get onboard with racing horses either, it’s cruelty. I’m sure horses love running, by themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.