Food and Drink #46 Sponsored by Primula

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hear you sidey b 💙

I've always wanted to go *everywhere* and I guess the idea of a holiday for our birthdays is the ultimate step on my anxiety ladder! I was hoping I'll make it to new york, but I'll settle for our good old 3x visited hotel in alicante

Wales is sooo great! obv this isn't my pic, but this is just about my favourite place in the world, discovered when pachoochoo and stepmum lived down in swansea

IMG_20231008_005828.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I hear you sidey b 💙

I've always wanted to go *everywhere* and I guess the idea of a holiday for our birthdays is the ultimate step on my anxiety ladder! I was hoping I'll make it to new york, but I'll settle for our good old 3x visited hotel in alicante

Wales is sooo great! obv this isn't my pic, but this is just about my favourite place in the world, discovered when pachoochoo and stepmum lived down in swansea

View attachment 2497341
*high five*

Can I just say, I love that you‘re making your way up that ladder. I 100% get what a huge deal it is.

I think one day you will love New York, and Alicante and familiarity sounds idyllic.

Ugh look at it! It looks heavenly.
on a shallow note, I’m suuuch a sucker for Welsh accents, I had a teenage romance with a Welsh guy, and now I’m weak for Michael Sheen’s accent (and all of him lol)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I've not actually had a nightsnack in quite a while, but I have found myself unable to sleep and also peckish

and, let me tell you lads, a mini wrap containing a good helping of prawn primula plus a few pieces of chicken is god tier 🤌

• Heart
Just popping in to say hello from me and tunnel dog. She has been enjoying peanut butter tubs. Me not so much. Apologies for not keeping up. No reason, just being tit.

52af92f6-94b5-4b5d-bb01-ca49e26cc562.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 22
@Falkor are you and all your four leggeds safe from the weather?
We're all fine, thank you, it's well to the south of us. Bit overcast and breezy, but due to be dry all day here and not much rain yesterday. Managed to swap the horses and sheep over yesterday, so the sheep are deflating on some shorter grass and the horses are munching through the really long stuff the sheep won't touch, which has now had the shorter and sweeter stuff munched out from underneath it. Still have another 10 acres of mostly untouched grass to get through plus the 2 acres that got made into hay and has grown back strongly, so hopefully won't need any more hay this winter than the 13 bales I got made.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Do horses and sheep not get on? Can they not share a field?
I honestly don't know and I've been watching countryside since I was a smoll pixie
ETA Countryfile, auto 🥕. There is a sheep farm near me. Very odd for sarf east lahdahn. Area is called shoulder mutton green, so I assume its years old.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I honestly don't know and I've been watching countryside since I was a smoll pixie
They absolutely can, but one of mine will chase sheep if he thinks there's not enough grass to go round, plus in winter when everyone's getting fed, the mineral supplement I give to the horses has got enough copper in it to kill a sheep, so best to keep them separate here! I did have them all in together behind the holiday cottage last spring when we had a small child staying who loved animals, so I let her feed the horses and sheep at the garden fence. Went very well until junior horse bit poor old Nibbles very hard on the shoulder blades for the heinous crime of accepting a sheep nut through the fence that he thought should have been his. I waited until they all went out for the afternoon and then got them separated out again!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I've just been accepted for a voluntary role with our local wildlife trust, as a livestock checker. I've been allocated some feral goats to go find and check once a week, once I've done my training day. Stand by for incoming wild goat spam. 🐐 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I know nothing about horses at all, but my friend had to get a sheep to keep her poorly horse company, then had to get another sheep to keep Sheep 1 company. Now she has a recovered horse and 2 sheep. They all have brilliant names but I don't want to watermelon her.

Speaking of which, I'm currently on holiday in the amber warning zone 🧀 and we are all safe but a bit bored. There is a massive hill (possible mountain idk?) right outside our front door and we can't explore it until Tuesday at the earliest. We couldn't even see it until this afternoon, so that's a step in the right direction.

• Heart
If you want heartwarming and interesting animal content that sometimes features sheep, check out HERD in South Africa.

They rehabilitate elephants and have a whole herd of amazing big tuskers that they film and interact with. Their most recent rescue was a tiny albino calf who had horrible injuries from a snare. She's well on her way to growing up now -- she's a character, full of beans. In the nursery block, they have two sheep who act as companions to the elly babies while they're too young to be in the bigger herd.

Their two sheep are elderly now and it's been interesting to see how they're figuring out senior sheep care on the hoof, so to speak. Simply because sheep almost never get to live out their natural lives and reach old age.

Now duck off all of you. Going for a piss and a sandwich.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Best sheep name I've ever come across is the lady who has our dogs when we're away. She breeds sheep, but has one gigantic pet ewe who can't be put into lamb for various reasons - she's called Lambo and to be honest I think she'd give Sylvester Stallone a run for his money!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Best sheep name I've ever come across is the lady who has our dogs when we're away. She breeds sheep, but has one gigantic pet ewe who can't be put into lamb for various reasons - she's called Lambo and to be honest I think she'd give Sylvester Stallone a run for his money!
Lambo sounds llke the Big Lin of the sheep world.

A friend of mine grew up on a sheep farm. Their pet ewe was called [redacted] 🍉. She lived for something like 15 years and would always come running out of the flock to have her head scratched and have a few pony nuts. She taught me that sheep are individuals, each with their own quirks and personalities.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
ETA Countryfile, auto 🥕. There is a sheep farm near me. Very odd for sarf east lahdahn. Area is called shoulder mutton green, so I assume its years old.
I have had sheep grazing with horses, they are often used to clear what the horses won’t eat.

Reactions: 12
Would anyone like to see Sideboard Cat doing an amazing owl impression while holding down her own foot in case it gets away?

sideboard owl.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Uncanny! I see she’s trapping a foot and a tail, good to know she has a tail in addition to the patch and ears etc

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Sorry to be AWOL and then come on and moan but this weather. WTAF?

No lovely warm, perfect drying weather for us North of the Wall. Humidity is off the scale. It’s rained for days and this warmth means the roads, dog, me, house, everything feels gross. How is it 56% in London and 92% up here? I know I am a weather stresser, but come on. Just want some cool dry stuff. It’s rained all year ffs. I’d go back home to the Peak District/Manchester if I wanted that.

• Heart
Sorry to be AWOL and then come on and moan but this weather. WTAF?

No lovely warm, perfect drying weather for us North of the Wall. Humidity is off the scale. It’s rained for days and this warmth means the roads, dog, me, house, everything feels gross. How is it 56% in London and 92% up here? I know I am a weather stresser, but come on. Just want some cool dry stuff. It’s rained all year ffs. I’d go back home to the Peak District/Manchester if I wanted that.
I love a moan about the weather! I don't know what sort of summer we're in for but I'm already dreading it.
Humidity is the worst, when I go to my brother's I always die getting off the plane. Like a hot, wet sock to the face.

Will a Pooh help?
D557F997-8C5B-464D-9522-46DB9B07C15C.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.