Food and Drink #43

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have to second this, if any one hasn't seen it-it's a dead set classic and the origin of the meme
'You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means'.

A little Facturday factlet, on set whilst filming Andre the Giant ripped out a fart that went for 16 seconds.
Andre the Giant was a professional wrestler who suffered from acromegaly, he reached a height of 7'4", weighed about 500lb and was very much loved in wrestling circles until his death in the mid 90s.

But I digress, if you haven't seen the film now is the perfect time.
My DEAD grandfather had agromegaly, god love him. His tongue protruded from his mouth all the time. He’d been such a handsome young man, I’m not sure how he developed it, but it was a very young GP who identified it, having just studied it at Uni. Until then, he had been ignored by doctors about it 🥺

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
My DEAD grandfather had agromegaly, god love him. His tongue protruded from his mouth all the time. He’d been such a handsome young man, I’m not sure how he developed it, but it was a very young GP who identified it, having just studied it at Uni. Until then, he had been ignored by doctors about it 🥺
It's usually caused by a benign tumour on your pituitary gland that sends your growth hormone production into overdrive.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Facturday national ice cream 🍨 week
---
They had some real horrors on SKL, branston, ketchup, soy sauce, sounds like guset was behind the scenes

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I recommend the book of The Princess Bride. It’s amazing. Years ago it was part of a three for two deal in ottakars - I got friend green tomato’s at the whistle stop cafe and never ending story as well. Not a bad book amongst them!!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Mine wouldn't touch milk once he was weaned. Until the day he found half a cupful left on the side from the previous day and nicely clabbered, and declared it the best thing ever. Blummin Vikings.
(Apologies if I've mentioned this before)
Mr B and I are food polar opposites, he’ll eat anything at all even things he probably shouldn’t and I’m a bit of a fuss pot with a real thing about textures so I’m both glad and slightly squicked out that baby B seems to be following in his dads footsteps… though remind me of this when he’s fully in toddler years and I might laugh at my naivety!

Reactions: 12
Good afternoon! I was going to take myself off to see Oppenheimer this weekend. It's pishing down here and Old Harold is driving me nuts. He had an eye op on Monday and has been shuffling around all week getting in the way. He's a walking meme at this point. But it's EIGHTEEN ENGLISH POUNDS for a ticket at our local Everyman cinema. WTF is that nonsense?!

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I know right! And so many layers to it.

I’ve not seen that one, but not too scary sounds good!

I should say, for anyone cautiously watching Black Mirror, Demon 79 is billed as a horror, but it’s not too scary at all, the gory parts are cartoonish, and the episode is so well done, again it has so many layers, but the less you know about it' the better.
---
Also so happy for everyone who’s seen or has booked in for Barbie!

This video made me hyped for the film, a tour of the Dream House. I love that they built a set! No green screens. And so much attention to detail.

I just checked and it called Hang the DJ!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I have nothing sensible, interesting or helpful to say here, but I do have this otter picture 😎
IMG_2992.jpeg

mr duck and I have had a falling out , which i am about 99% sure was my fault so instead of being a mature adult, apologising and trying to have an open conversation about the issue at hand, I have chosen to go sulk in my room and order a same day morrisons order of my favourite nightsnacks. Might put on some angsty music and cross his name off all my notebooks and pencil case too, to show I’m serious 😂🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Sorry to interrupt - should I roast baby tomatoes for pasta sauce in the oven or the air fryer?

• Heart
Sorry to interrupt - should I roast baby tomatoes for pasta sauce in the oven or the air fryer?
Air fryer should work well. Just line the basket with parchment paper or foil. Add salt, pepper and a little olive oil to your tomatoes. About 10 mins on 200c will probably be enough time.

Reactions: 11
Bing Bong, new thread time-

• Heart
Reactions: 13
If they are very little tomatoes, if you’ve got a rack in your airfryer, putting that on top stops them flying about too much .

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.