Food and Drink #43

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sorry a lot of you are going through a crappy time at the moment.
Lots of love and hugs to you all ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 17
If anyone would enjoy another starey little weirdo, this wee fella was born blind and given to me for free off Gumtree when he was tiny.

Screenshot_20230721_201245_Gallery.jpg

That daft little face (and accompanying noise, he screams all day long just for fun) are just about keeping me going through the third consecutive "worst year of my life".

• Heart
Reactions: 28
If anyone would enjoy another starey little weirdo, this wee fella was born blind and given to me for free off Gumtree when he was tiny.

View attachment 2324165

That daft little face (and accompanying noise, he screams all day long just for fun) are just about keeping me going through the third consecutive "worst year of my life".
He's gorgeous. 😍 I love his little open mouth, so sweet.
---
Yes thank you ❤

As a clumsy arse myself, can relate to the leg wiggle and oh no I fallen 😅
In awe of the way s/he's managed to keep hold of their snacks (in both hands!) while they go arse up. Really, really impressed.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
So much love to everyone ❤ I know that sounds like such an empty comment, but I mean it. You’re all really lovely people, and only deserve good things.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
When life gives you pickles that smell of feet, lie on a hedgehog.

(she’s as annoyed about the rain as we are. Hair is extra because of the rain.)
3a0d2f97-a33d-4e01-aefe-d05aa453ac97.jpeg

2431cfdd-0afb-4a1d-b8a6-a7794b1c7538.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Soooo much to read. Still poorly, sadly, despite drinking rice water for.. Err.. China. Hope everyone is OK. Deliciously cold here this morn when I got up at 6.30am so I dug out socks and a jumper. 18 degrees! Made it to 3pm before putting shorts on. Funny how you acclimatise, innit? When 31 feels like you should have a cardigan or sth hovering in case the wind picks up and you get a chill!!!!

• Heart
Changing the topic like the One Show, but if anyone’s looking for a fun tv series, I’d really recommend Survival Of The Thickest on Netflix.

I’m four episodes in and really hooked! Its about a woman in her late 30s who suddenly becomes single in New York, so if you like Sex and the City you’ll like the dating in NYC vibes!

But it’s more than that, although it’s still fluff and fun, the main character is a stylist and you really root for her, the side characters are really likeable too, and it’s got some very funny moments. It’s also just gorgeous, beautiful people, as well as the clothes, the locations, and the city 😍

And I’m hyping it up for selfish reasons because there’s just one 8 episode series so far, and I’d love for it to be renewed!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Changing the topic like the One Show, but if anyone’s looking for a fun tv series, I’d really recommend Survival Of The Thickest on Netflix.

I’m four episodes in and really hooked! Its about a woman in her late 30s who suddenly becomes single in New York, so if you like Sex and the City you’ll like the dating in NYC vibes!

But it’s more than that, although it’s still fluff and fun, the main character is a stylist and you really root for her, the side characters are really likeable too, and it’s got some very funny moments. It’s also just gorgeous, beautiful people, as well as the clothes, the locations, and the city 😍

And I’m hyping it up for selfish reason because there’s just one 8 episode series so far, and I’d love for it to be renewed!
I’m watching some awful filler thing. Fifteen love or something on Amazon. Utter tosh.

The free diving thing on Netflix is good though. You need to be strong to get through the whole thing. It’s pretty harrowing.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m watching some awful filler thing. Fifteen love or something on Amazon. Utter tosh.

The free diving thing on Netflix is good though. You need to be strong to get through the whole thing. It’s pretty harrowing.
You’re a stronger woman than I am, I really don’t think I could handle that. Sound like the utter tosh balances it out though!
Just now I deal with with easy watches and the happy realisation that the rom-com is still going strong, just as streaming tv shows instead of movies! Oh and the less-scary episodes of Black Mirror, after being given a carefully chosen list by a very kind person!

• Heart
Reactions: 12

And I’m hyping it up for selfish reason because there’s just one 8 episode series so far, and I’d love for it to be renewed!
This sounds good, funeral is coming up so I aim to retreat into boxsets

• Heart
Reactions: 14
anyhoo, I've booked barbie tix for next weekend 💞

I know I've said I'd not been to the flicks since 2008, but since when did it cost bleeping £12 each for a noon showing???? 😩

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
You’re a stronger woman than I am, I really don’t think I could handle that. Sound like the utter tosh balances it out though!
Just now I deal with with easy watches and the happy realisation that the rom-com is still going strong, just as streaming tv shows instead of movies! Oh and the less-scary episodes of Black Mirror, after being given a carefully chosen list by a very kind person!
I might need that list. 🤣

• Heart
This sounds good, funeral is coming up so I aim to retreat into boxsets
Good plan Hotes. Just fyi if you watch Survival… the second or third episode features a funeral, and it is not tasteful or respectful at all (it makes sense in the show but I know sometimes things can hit you unaware) X
---
I might need that list. 🤣
Ok!! 😎

Joan Is Awful

San Junipero

Demon 79

Nosedive

all fantastic tv, and none of them are disturbing in the way I hear Black Mirror is usually!

• Heart
Had a really wholesome day I wanted to share. Took my neighbour (an older lady who lives on her own in my building) out for lunch and we had the best time. We went to my favourite restaurant here and she loved the food.

And because I've been there a number of times and rave about it, they gave us a free dish :) The sun was shining and she kept saying to me 'I feel like I'm on holiday'. Then we walked back home (I live near the sea) and she thanked me for lunch and said that for the first time in ages she felt really lucky to live where we do. It's just made me so happy that I could give her that feeling by taking her out for a good meal.

Then I came home and had an excellent sofa nap ☺ now all I need is for my lottery ticket to come in and complete the day hah

• Heart
Reactions: 25
O
Had a really wholesome day I wanted to share. Took my neighbour (an older lady who lives on her own in my building) out for lunch and we had the best time. We went to my favourite restaurant here and she loved the food.

And because I've been there a number of times and rave about it, they gave us a free dish :) The sun was shining and she kept saying to me 'I feel like I'm on holiday'. Then we walked back home (I live near the sea) and she thanked me for lunch and said that for the first time in ages she felt really lucky to live where we do. It's just made me so happy that I could give her that feeling by taking her out for a good meal.

Then I came home and had an excellent sofa nap ☺ now all I need is for my lottery ticket to come in and complete the day hah
Omg!!! 😭 Emma P that is so sweet. You’re such lovely “company“ here, I can easily imagine how it was the same for your neighbour.

🤞🤞🤞for that lottery ticket.

• Heart
For those who have Amazon Prime, The Princess Bride is currently showing as on Prime Video, one of my favourite films, my son also really enjoyed it, as did my mum. For those who love a quirky movie.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
As tax, here is the cat. She's disappointed rather than angry. She's had less attention than she'd like. Only 2 hours cuddling after work. As I was away last weekend she wanted extra time but work has been crazy. .

IMG_20230721_220625.jpg

Everyone here is always lovely, it's a reminder there are nice people out there. Enjoy the evening & weekend everyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.