Food and Drink #43

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Quoting myself like a ninny but Mr B has just reminded me, there’s a fish pie pouch that we picked up by mistake once and thought we’d try him rather than waste.

It stinks, I know it’s fish so it’s going to smell fishy but there are levels and honestly it’s like being in a fish market level, the colour and texture looks bogging… and Baby B absolutely loves it so we’ve had to buy it again. It honestly makes me wonder if he’d happily eat a Jack slop, I remember she has some questionable fish ones.
Mine wouldn't touch milk once he was weaned. Until the day he found half a cupful left on the side from the previous day and nicely clabbered, and declared it the best thing ever. Blummin Vikings.
(Apologies if I've mentioned this before)

• Heart
Reactions: 13
We’ve just finished watching The Bear. It’s so good and also 100% confirmed I could never handle the stress of working in a busy restaurant!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Looks like we are getting a new family member tomorrow, hadn't planned to yet but she urgently needed a home and as the currently catless cat-lady we have been appointed her forever servants. Hope she's happy with us!
IMG-20230721-WA0003.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Husband found old episodes of Gladiators on YouTube, so that was a fun hour. It was very strange watching primetime TV from 30 years ago, shame it was a rip from a Challenge rerun and not from og airing and they'd cut the adverts out anyway.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I was trying to find this really lovely sloth video but I couldn’t. Have some raccoons instead

• Haha
  • Heart
Looks like we are getting a new family member tomorrow, hadn't planned to yet but she urgently needed a home and as the currently catless cat-lady we have been appointed her forever servants. Hope she's happy with us! View attachment 2324571
Awww congratulations! To all of you. She’s so beautiful, what a sweet face.
---
Husband found old episodes of Gladiators on YouTube, so that was a fun hour. It was very strange watching primetime TV from 30 years ago, shame it was a rip from a Challenge rerun and not from og airing and they'd cut the adverts out anyway.
Did you have a favourite Gladiator? Mine was Jet, which was probably my first “accidental Alan Partridge“ moment! 😂
---
I was trying to find this really lovely sloth video but I couldn’t. Have some raccoons instead

They are on a mission omg!

• Haha
  • Heart
anyhoo, I've booked barbie tix for next weekend 💞

I know I've said I'd not been to the flicks since 2008, but since when did it cost bleeping £12 each for a noon showing???? 😩
It’s worth it though, it’s bleeping brilliant 🤩🥳🤩🥳🤩🥳

@Holla hope you enjoyed it too!

• Heart
🥹 Such a good episode.
What's the one about dating? That's really good too and not scary or creepy.
I know right! And so many layers to it.

I’ve not seen that one, but not too scary sounds good!

I should say, for anyone cautiously watching Black Mirror, Demon 79 is billed as a horror, but it’s not too scary at all, the gory parts are cartoonish, and the episode is so well done, again it has so many layers, but the less you know about it' the better.
---
Also so happy for everyone who’s seen or has booked in for Barbie!

This video made me hyped for the film, a tour of the Dream House. I love that they built a set! No green screens. And so much attention to detail.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I know right! And so many layers to it.

I’ve not seen that one, but not too scary sounds good!

I should say, for anyone cautiously watching Black Mirror, Demon 79 is billed as a horror, but it’s not too scary at all, the gory parts are cartoonish, and the episode is so well done, again it has so many layers, but the less you know about it' the better.
---
Also so happy for everyone who’s seen or has booked in for Barbie!

This video made me hyped for the film, a tour of the Dream House. I love that they built a set! No green screens. And so much attention to detail.

The costumes are astounding in it. Mad attention to detail.

It’s one big advert for Barbie, but like the Lego film, it just works. The humour reminded me of the Brady Bunch 90s movie, it has no problem taking the piss out of itself but in the nicest way possible.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
The costumes are astounding in it. Mad attention to detail.

It’s one big advert for Barbie, but like the Lego film, it just works. The humour reminded me of the Brady Bunch 90s movie, it has no problem taking the piss out of itself but in the nicest way possible.
I love that, because Margot’s red carpet outfits have been like that. And the way you described it sounds so perfect, what more could you want from a summer blockbuster you know?

Thinking of details, the Billie Eilish song from the movie is very sweet, but the video is an emotional rollercoaster! The tiny outfits are all replicas of things she’s actually worn, how cute!

ETA. early Facturday. All of Billie Eilish’s videos end with a few seconds of just a black screen. This is because on YouTube there are pop-ups that appear just before the end of videos, so with Billie’s black screen ending, it means the pop ups don’t appear during the actual music video. Genius.

• Heart
  • Wow
Had a really wholesome day I wanted to share. Took my neighbour (an older lady who lives on her own in my building) out for lunch and we had the best time. We went to my favourite restaurant here and she loved the food.

And because I've been there a number of times and rave about it, they gave us a free dish :) The sun was shining and she kept saying to me 'I feel like I'm on holiday'. Then we walked back home (I live near the sea) and she thanked me for lunch and said that for the first time in ages she felt really lucky to live where we do. It's just made me so happy that I could give her that feeling by taking her out for a good meal.

Then I came home and had an excellent sofa nap ☺ now all I need is for my lottery ticket to come in and complete the day hah
This is so lovely ❤

Loving everyone's cats (and cats-to-be!) also!

• Heart
It was so good! 10/10
No spoilers but I'm confident you would all like it.

• Heart
O

Omg!!! 😭 Emma P that is so sweet. You’re such lovely “company“ here, I can easily imagine how it was the same for your neighbour.

🤞🤞🤞for that lottery ticket.
Awww thanks edit! @Sideboard Bob ! (I am up late scared by a spider I found in my bed- soz) I like to think that's why we all gravitated here, not just because of grifty mcgriftface but also because we are nice ppl (who recognise arseholes when we see them!)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Changing the topic like the One Show, but if anyone’s looking for a fun tv series, I’d really recommend Survival Of The Thickest on Netflix.

I’m four episodes in and really hooked! Its about a woman in her late 30s who suddenly becomes single in New York, so if you like Sex and the City you’ll like the dating in NYC vibes!

But it’s more than that, although it’s still fluff and fun, the main character is a stylist and you really root for her, the side characters are really likeable too, and it’s got some very funny moments. It’s also just gorgeous, beautiful people, as well as the clothes, the locations, and the city 😍

And I’m hyping it up for selfish reasons because there’s just one 8 episode series so far, and I’d love for it to be renewed!
Quoting myself like a prick! But I’m on the last episode of Survival Of The Thickest, and I would recommend it to you all.

• Heart
For those who have Amazon Prime, The Princess Bride is currently showing as on Prime Video, one of my favourite films, my son also really enjoyed it, as did my mum. For those who love a quirky movie.
I have to second this, if any one hasn't seen it-it's a dead set classic and the origin of the meme
'You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means'.

A little Facturday factlet, on set whilst filming Andre the Giant ripped out a fart that went for 16 seconds.
Andre the Giant was a professional wrestler who suffered from acromegaly, he reached a height of 7'4", weighed about 500lb and was very much loved in wrestling circles until his death in the mid 90s.

But I digress, if you haven't seen the film now is the perfect time.

• Wow
Is it late? Tunnel dog thinks this is getting up time Ffs. It’s raining. No chance.

I think the England match will be on at work today which is good. The members were watching Ireland on Thursday so fingers crossed.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.