Food and Drink #43

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A shiny new thread for all your #facts, duckos and off-topic mithering (which I have today learned is not pronounced mithering but instead is mithering, who knew?).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I just want to put it here so I don’t get banned on the MT.

Here in the NE of England…

Alleys are called vennels.
Dog leads are called leaders.
Worktops are called benches.
Rolls are called stotties.
Peach Melbas are definitely not what you think they are 😉 and
Cafes are called Greggs.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Thank you for the new thread TS!

Sharky And George was mentioned at the end of the last thread, whIch reminded me…
When Lorde brought out her song Royals, my brain always changed the chorus to,
”Royals, royals, crime busters of the sea“
I have no idea why but it fitted perfectly!
---

Cafes are called Greggs.
What are Peach Melbas really??

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Happy Friday everyone! Bad week with work. Very warm in my home office which makes it worse.

Last cat had a human name. This one is named based on her colouring which causes amusement.

@Ablemabel not sure if you follow here, or see tags. I am 2 days behind on MT due to submersible based distractions. Anyway. I was 15 years estranged from my father when he died. One sibling was in touch with him, the other would speak at family occasions. He wanted his kids with him, and the message was relayed but I didn't go. Sibling B drove Sibling A to the hospital but didn't go in. Neither of us regret our choice and its 11 years now. Only you can make that choice. I didn't hesitate or wobble at all, and have zero problems with my decision. Only you can decide, and do what is best for you. That isn't helpful advice as such, but so you know there is that choice.

I shall try to get a cat picture for my next post as a tax for being serious.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Cafes are called Greggs.
I think you mean Geordie Ciabattas.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Whither do the canal mither,
Some fraus slither,
Others dither,
As we wander hither, thither,
Our injokes never, ever wither

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Yes thanks for asking. 😅 ❤I'm just going to give myself an internet time out.
Just stick over here, you forget until you venture out
---
I saw this on The Instagram earlier. It’s a vid of a red panda being fed chunks of cheese or fruit IDK you can look it up, or you can just see this pic and go awwwww
IMG_1062.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 17
So food and drink is off topic and not just about food and drink either the actual food and drink or the TV show?

Is it just people from the Monroe threads or are there "Others" here.... 🫨

• Haha
Reactions: 22
So food and drink is off topic and not just about food and drink either the actual food and drink or the TV show?

Is it just people from the Monroe threads or are there "Others" here.... 🫨
Not sure really, it’s mainly MT people but we probably have some others. It’s now Saturday which is #Caturday and #facturday, although so is every day. We can talk about anything except slagging off other people or other threads.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Not sure really, it’s mainly MT people but we probably have some others. It’s now Saturday which is #Caturday and #facturday, although so is every day. We can talk about anything except slagging off other people or other threads.
And, we sometimes get people innocently wondering in to talk about actual food and drink topics, and we politely go along with it!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.