Food and Drink #37 Happy New Year

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought someone sitting behind me in the office today had an unusual vibrating alert on their phone, but they were actually snoring.
Lot of it going around.

2 x potato waffles make a good alternative burger bun if you're all breaded out. Or have run out of bread.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Why would someone be so nasty to grass on you? If I found someone asleep I would be worried about them, and let them sleep. I hope it’s not turned into a major problem for you 💕.

it wasn't even properly falling asleep, it was more "zoning out and then having a hypnic jerk" kind of thing. y'know, like we all do from time to time when we're staring at a computer in a warm office

when my wfh colleague came back to the office and witnessed it happening, she went straight to our manager, got our other colleague who's been in the office the whole time involved, cited another woman in our dept who passed suddenly (from cancer) and told me how motherly she feels towards me. tbh, i loathe her as much as i did my actual late mother. she seems to be unaware that I'm nearly 40 (she's ?56)

i had an absolutely humiliating meeting with our manager, who has supposedly referred me to occupational health and i have to go to my own gp, which i know i need to anyway, but i was building myself up to doing

i still haven't heard from occy health and, tbh, our manager has better things to deal with than what goes on in our tiny team

so sorry, i did not mean to rant about this again ❤✌

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Bloody hell. One of my colleagues occasionally nods off. We all just tip toe around him for a bit til he wakes up again, bless him. I once went to great lengths to distract our boss who was trying to make his way across the office to talk to him. In the end I just had to say “look, R is asleep. Can you give him five minutes?” Our boss just laughed and wandered off again.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
@traumatised sideboard , I borrowed SlopBot and imagined what he might post on TikTok , if he had such time for such nonsense

On topic, I had a toastie for tea today. It was from the wild bean cafe ( ie petrol station ) , and it was possibly the most delicious toastie I have ever eaten. Washed it down with a glass of movicol which was less delicious

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
@traumatised sideboard , I borrowed SlopBot and imagined what he might post on TikTok , if he had such time for such nonsense
View attachment 1896140
On topic, I had a toastie for tea today. It was from the wild bean cafe ( ie petrol station ) , and it was possibly the most delicious toastie I have ever eaten. Washed it down with a glass of movicol which was less delicious
Love the tattoos!
Traumy, just keep looking after yourself however you need to.
And love to everyone else.

I've set up a huge Friday for myself as I have appraisal stuff to complete tomorrow. Promised myself a Maccies breakfast if I'm up sharpish to get me through. As I'm normally in bed at 1030 you can all see how well my plan is going. Today was finishing a Madras style curry which was better than yesterday.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
My father in law’s farm today. A hawk in the pond (pond tree got hit by lightning in a storm last year)
DC83982B-FFAD-46A8-B952-433F7796BAA1.jpeg

And a new(ish-my first time seeing her) bay-bee in a Lucha Libre mask
6E0A13E3-402C-4CE7-8EF0-D7FE685F89EA.jpeg

I really really miss the bull that used to be there before he DIED 😔 He was MASSIVE and looked like a Minotaur but you could feed him hay from your hand from the other side of the pasture fence and he would take it from you really carefully and gently. You could also give him lots of head scratches and pats. He was just lovely.

The new one isn’t an asshole or aggressive, but he doesn’t know us very well so doesn’t come to the fence to see us. They’re both very errr good at their jobs, let’s say. This is the new bull’s baby.

@Falkor so glad to hear that you’re home. ❤🐑🐴

• Heart
Reactions: 30
This thread is just lovely. I’m dipping my toes (not cocktoes) from the MT.
I’ve rambled on a bit on there about my ongoing MH and general life issues. Because the universe didn’t think I was dealing with enough, this evening I have been diagnosed with a Kidney stone and infection. Yay.
Sorry my first post here wasn’t more positive.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I’ve rambled on a bit on there about my ongoing MH and general life issues. Because the universe didn’t think I was dealing with enough, this evening I have been diagnosed with a Kidney stone and infection. Yay.
Quite a few of us have chronic health issues so you're in good company ♥
What happens with a kidney stone, do you just pass it or does it need surgery?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
You have my empathy/sympathy creating kidney stones slightly too small for treatment, which I have to pass naturally, is my superpower.
They can be unbelievably painful, comparable to giving birth. If you start trying to get away from your own back, go to A&E.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Quite a few of us have chronic health issues so you're in good company ♥
What happens with a kidney stone, do you just pass it or does it need surgery?
I’ve been given antibiotics and pain relief (codeine and a prescription for tramadol if that doesn’t take the edge of it by morning😖). Have to give in 24 hours and see if it makes any difference.
Hopefully it’s small enough for me to pass, can take a few weeks. If still causing a lot of grief after 24 hours there’s a different intervention..!
I appreciate this company more than you’ll ever know!

You have my empathy/sympathy creating kidney stones slightly too small for treatment, which I have to pass naturally, is my superpower.
They can be unbelievably painful, comparable to giving birth. If you start trying to get away from your own back, go to A&E.
Honestly felt like contractions how the waves of pain started!
I’m so sorry you suffer from these x

• Heart
Reactions: 20
That’s ok dear heart, we are all here for the daft times, the great times, the good times the not so good times and the downright bad/trying/sad times!

🎵 Cause that’s what F&D is fo-ooor 🎵
FB4FDE23-7D15-45D0-B151-A286450B0093.gif

(That and lots of animalos)

In other news, today I learned of this innovation. Click with care, it’s SCARY. Especially the arms.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I’ve been given antibiotics and pain relief (codeine and a prescription for tramadol if that doesn’t take the edge of it by morning😖). Have to give in 24 hours and see if it makes any difference.
Hopefully it’s small enough for me to pass, can take a few weeks. If still causing a lot of grief after 24 hours there’s a different intervention..!
I appreciate this company more than you’ll ever know!

Honestly felt like contractions how the waves of pain started!
I’m so sorry you suffer from these x
Mine have usually passed within days. If I’m doing contractions breathing, I’m on my way to A&E for Oramorph tyvm. I probably don’t do enough to prevent them with my lifestyle to be honest.
with my last one I actually caught it on the way out! Bear in mind I’m a veteran of these. They asked me to try and see if I could. I got a cheap plastic sieve which I used on the loo. Little flakes of chalk! tiny, but clearly passing through tiny tubes causing pain as it broke up. I took pics then cleaned up. Showed the Dr the pics the next week- she was gutted I didn’t bring the pieces! Said she would have analysed them in the lab to see what the root cause was. Based on my history she said my Diet Coke addiction probs caused it

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Mine have usually passed within days. If I’m doing contractions breathing, I’m on my way to A&E for Oramorph tyvm. I probably don’t do enough to prevent them with my lifestyle to be honest.
with my last one I actually caught it on the way out! Bear in mind I’m a veteran of these. They asked me to try and see if I could. I got a cheap plastic sieve which I used on the loo. Little flakes of chalk! tiny, but clearly passing through tiny tubes causing pain as it broke up. I took pics then cleaned up. Showed the Dr the pics the next week- she was gutted I didn’t bring the pieces! Said she would have analysed them in the lab to see what the root cause was. Based on my history she said my Diet Coke addiction probs caused it
I’m hoping for a few days then!
Is it weird I hope I get to see it?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
It's Susan's birthday tomorrow! The 21st, she's turning 9. You wouldn't know it the way she skates around the house like a goose.
Pre-birthday collage as she's sleeping in the window right now, sunning herself like a Bebe Seal.
C5F0E23D-38FE-4427-B5C1-8AFBCDF2FE37.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Not going to lie, I quite like the idea of a puffy bear

I’m also familiar with kidney stones -one of my epilepsy meds makes them more likely, and also have a stone sieve by my toilet.

happy birthday eve Susan !!!!!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Not going to lie, I quite like the idea of a puffy bear

I’m also familiar with kidney stones -one of my epilepsy meds makes them more likely, and also have a stone sieve by my toilet.

happy birthday eve Susan !!!!!!
Omg we‘re kidney stone sieve twins!
I never knew Susan had big paws! She always looks oddly dainty, whilst also like a big klutz if that makes sense?

Can’t believe Susan’s birthday has been overshadowed as the origin date of the VBI.
Has Sideboard Boobra got her insomnia under control these days? mine is really testing my patience atm.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Omg we‘re kidney stone sieve twins!
I never knew Susan had big paws! She always looks oddly dainty, whilst also like a big klutz if that makes sense?
All MCs have feet like snowshoes, the polydactyl ones are even bigger.
You definitely summed her up in that last sentence, haha. She has some ladylike moments.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.