Food and Drink #37 Happy New Year

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just been told that Carole Baskin's husband is alive in Costa Rica. All this time we've been thinking she fed him to the (big) kittens. Mind blown. I appreciate it doesn't take much.

Hadn't seen about Sands. I know there has been a lot of bad weather so assume if he was on high ground there will be snow & ice.

Avoiding MT as I woke to the news of Cindy resigning, opened Twitter and saw the tweet.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
I was listening about the Carole Baskin thing this morning. Apparently she said something a while ago but no one picked up on it. Who knows.

Lots of other actors are sharing the Sands news. It seems there were multiple call outs at the time. So worrying.

Reactions: 16
I ordered myself a nice little copy of 'the gentle art of Swedish death cleaning' but forgot to check the addressee details, so my husband has just opened what he thought was a surprise present and is now confused and anxious (more so as he actually does most of the cleaning).
Oooh I am a big Kondo fan and Swedish Death Clearing is the next level up, I feel. I hope to get started on it after I move this year, let us know how the book is (I’ve only read “about” it) as soon as Mr Jord recovers from the shock

Reactions: 14
How has everyone’s days been? I’ve had an argument with work about my pay 😒 but I’m off to choir in a bit 🍉 to give my MH a much needed boost.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Interview on Monday went awful and I didn't get the job, howling and clawing. Manager had already told me to take a sick day tomorrow before I found out so going to just watch twin peaks and nap all day

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
@Smol Pixel and @binkbonk sorry you’re going through different but similar things. Pls both make sure you do something lovely for yourselves that you enjoy tonight ❤

Rarely on topic but I’m doing us spaghetti tonight and I’m so excited

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I had a referral call from a service my GP only referred me to on Monday which seems scarily quick. I tried to back out of it a bit but the woman kept saying she didn't think that was a good idea. i answered all their questions and someone is apparently going to contact me again. Just feels a little weird.

We have spaghetti too HTRIA! It's a jar sauce so a bit of a cheat (but I'm pretty sure Mr B prefers the jar).

• Heart
Reactions: 24
We’re having baked potatoes (we aren’t discussing how I’m cooking them 😶) and beans.

Hugs to those going through crappy times/worried about times ahead.

It’s Friday tomorrow which means another day closer to it being lighter.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I had a referral call from a service my GP only referred me to on Monday which seems scarily quick. I tried to back out of it a bit but the woman kept saying she didn't think that was a good idea. i answered all their questions and someone is apparently going to contact me again. Just feels a little weird.

We have spaghetti too HTRIA! It's a jar sauce so a bit of a cheat (but I'm pretty sure Mr B prefers the jar).
Omg jar sauce here too not being fancy! But saw a tiktok that looked brilliant of someone doing like… a spaghetti pasta bake using chopped tomatoes and it was legit inspiring and looked v low effort and defs manageable if you were at home alone with a little one! They did use a whole thing (wheel?) of Boursin cheese and later grated more on top which felt chaotic.

And well done on making those first steps - where you’re in the first year of having a LO you’re a priority, I was stunned how quickly I got CBT on the NHS whilst pregnant and my midwife was pretty much drafting the email to tell work I was going off sick. It’s one of the only good things they do for pregnant and new mums so make use of it ❤ you also get free prescriptions and nhs dental too 💅🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Omg jar sauce here too not being fancy! But saw a tiktok that looked brilliant of someone doing like… a spaghetti pasta bake using chopped tomatoes and it was legit inspiring and looked v low effort and defs manageable if you were at home alone with a little one! They did use a whole thing (wheel?) of Boursin cheese and later grated more on top which felt chaotic.

And well done on making those first steps - where you’re in the first year of having a LO you’re a priority, I was stunned how quickly I got CBT on the NHS whilst pregnant and my midwife was pretty much drafting the email to tell work I was going off sick. It’s one of the only good things they do for pregnant and new mums so make use of it ❤ you also get free prescriptions and nhs dental too 💅🏻
I've made the tiktok feta pasta which is very easy, and if you do the feta in the airfryer (in an appropriate dish ofc) it's done as quickly as the pasta cooks on the hob so v quick!

Thank you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Mr F has poached me a chicken breast and made me sprout and potato mash to go with it - nice gentle comfort food. It's so good to be home.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
God, I love this thread so much and all the people in it. I burnt the tit out of dinner so we had some toast and laughed about it as we scraped the remnants (with difficulty) into the food bin. I find myself thinking about people here randomly in my day and always with a feeling of affection and concern. I’ve had a tit 2022 when I got so stressed at work I started to cry at work one day and couldn’t stop for months. Like a bookcase fell on me every morning when I opened my eyes. Trying to climb out of that is very feckin’ hard. But I am now back at work in a different but very interesting role since the start of the month, working 4 days a week so I have a Wednesday off. It’s so good. 100 day dress ramblings; I’m able to do it because after 22 years of being on the front line I am now entirely office and phone based, so I can do the challenge. Day 4 today and nobody in the office has noticed because, who knew, people don’t really look at what a person is wearing. I realise that I can do this because I’m no longer in danger of having stuff thrown at me as has been happening (not often, thankfully) for the last 22 years. Many examples but a few standouts. Cold tea (fortunately) over my head. The contents of a cat litter tray poured into the open window of my car. In a massive solid lump so quite easy to deal with. The worst was a very full, open, runny nappy launched at me which hit perfectly. My hair. My good coat. Urgh. So I’ve left that behind and can indulge the thought that I no longer have to face that risk.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Blimey, 3tt, that’s a lot. I’m so glad this year’s looking up for you and I wish you a continued absence of morning bookcases and full nappy missiles.

Pasta sauce-wise, anyone else do the stupidly simple tomato, onion, butter sauce? US friends put me on to it years ago and it’s a favourite comfort food of my big kids. Recipe here: https://www.thekitchn.com/marcella-hazans-amazing-4ingre-144538 (Is there no hyperlink function?) In UK, that’s two tins of toms and about 70g of butter, although originally it had more, so feel free. Oh, and if this version of the recipe says to chuck the onion, ignore it. Would you chuck an onion that’s been gently simmering in tomato and butter? Keep that onion. Fish it out and use it elsewhere.

• Heart
Blimey, 3tt, that’s a lot. I’m so glad this year’s looking up for you and I wish you a continued absence of morning bookcases and full nappy missiles.

Pasta sauce-wise, anyone else do the stupidly simple tomato, onion, butter sauce? US friends put me on to it years ago and it’s a favourite comfort food of my big kids. Recipe here: https://www.thekitchn.com/marcella-hazans-amazing-4ingre-144538 (Is there no hyperlink function?) In UK, that’s two tins of toms and about 70g of butter, although originally it had more, so feel free. Oh, and if this version of the recipe says to chuck the onion, ignore it. Would you chuck an onion that’s been gently simmering in tomato and butter? Keep that onion. Fish it out and use it elsewhere.
I use that recipe and will fish the lovely onion out and have it as antipasto

• Heart
Reactions: 14
hey everyone big ❤❤ to everyone who needs it

I'm feeling just a bit low level fed up, as in that, "duck me, it's *still* january" way

otherwise, when i got grassed on for falling asleep at work, i started to take a vitamin d supplement and today i realised i feel just a little bit better. im still anxious and tired, but i dunno, i just feel a bit lighter somehow

anyway, we're just about to eat steak, chips and onion rings and watch the apprentice, so im considering that a small win ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 29
4DEF4CE2-4952-447F-A6A5-5EBE146EC9E5.jpeg

We went to look round an old house and gardens today. I found the cat. She is wearing trousers.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Potato waffles? I recently rediscovered them and found that vegan cheese melted on top is just as good as regular cheese. Yum.
Sweet Belgian waffles. Potato waffles are bangin though, I feel like I need to try them with cheese now.

My reward for dragging myself to the gym was ordering beer battered banana blossom with smashed potatoes and peas (they are once again a permitted vegetable) and onion rings for dinner. I didn't get to enjoy the accursed meal because the bloke who brought it couldn't be bothered to find my flat and spoke very little English so I couldn't understand what he was saying on the phone. Eventually had to go hunting him in the car park to try and sort it out which involved much more confusion and frustration by which point I felt thoroughly sick and everything was cold. Is this the universe telling me I should've got the chicken and waffles?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
hey everyone big ❤❤ to everyone who needs it

I'm feeling just a bit low level fed up, as in that, "duck me, it's *still* january" way

otherwise, when i got grassed on for falling asleep at work, i started to take a vitamin d supplement and today i realised i feel just a little bit better. im still anxious and tired, but i dunno, i just feel a bit lighter somehow

anyway, we're just about to eat steak, chips and onion rings and watch the apprentice, so im considering that a small win ❤
Why would someone be so nasty to grass on you? If I found someone asleep I would be worried about them, and let them sleep. I hope it’s not turned into a major problem for you 💕.

• Heart
I grassed on a DOP falling asleep in an interview once. Just so my director (at the time) was aware. The way to handle it would have been to break for coffee and some fresh air, then finish up. But she was a cow about it and soured the whole shoot.

I get that it was disrespectful to the person being interviewed but it wasn't a grown up way to deal with it at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.