Food and Drink #37 Happy New Year

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can I vent?

So Mrs T is busy and I look over and I see gov.u.k on her phone. She’s scrolling frantically and my HR starts to skyrocket. She sometimes hides stuff from me if she thinks I will freak out so I start to panic that there has been a monumental tax mix up (I think this all the time on the MT whenever HMRC is mentioned and the evening is spent looking over pensions/NI etc to calm down) and she’s trying to sort it without me. I ask her why she’s looking at gov.u.k and she starts telling me about SEND census data. She did tell me more about what she’s doing but I stopped listening.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Can I vent?

So Mrs T is busy and I look over and I see gov.u.k on her phone. She’s scrolling frantically and my HR starts to skyrocket. She sometimes hides stuff from me if she thinks I will freak out so I start to panic that there has been a monumental tax mix up (I think this all the time on the MT whenever HMRC is mentioned and the evening is spent looking over pensions/NI etc to calm down) and she’s trying to sort it without me. I ask her why she’s looking at gov.u.k and she starts telling me about SEND census data. She did tell me more about what she’s doing but I stopped listening.
If it’s any consolation as a majorly anxious frau that’s not a situation I’d consider purely cos:
* logging into the gov site is hell anyway so I always do it on desktop, apparently for proper self employed/tax portal (which we don’t do cos our accountant does it) is even worse so defs a laptop job not phone!!
* I feel like we’ve known how much we owe end of Jan for aaaages? Like I feel the letter from the accountant moved with us it’s so old & the date range it pertains to is forever ago so it’s not the type of thing that can change last minute afaik? Like oh tit this December was bigger than expected so the bill shoots up?
* If I was having a tax chaos personally I’d just call them up cos they’re actually really nice rather than Google on NYE lol.

Try not to worry about it ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 21
If it’s any consolation as a majorly anxious frau that’s not a situation I’d consider purely cos:
* logging into the gov site is hell anyway so I always do it on desktop, apparently for proper self employed/tax portal (which we don’t do cos our accountant does it) is even worse so defs a laptop job not phone!!
* I feel like we’ve known how much we owe end of Jan for aaaages? Like I feel the letter from the accountant moved with us it’s so old & the date range it pertains to is forever ago so it’s not the type of thing that can change last minute afaik? Like oh tit this December was bigger than expected so the bill shoots up?
* If I was having a tax chaos personally I’d just call them up cos they’re actually really nice rather than Google on NYE lol.

Try not to worry about it ❤
Thank you. I don’t know why I worry. We (she now) have always been PAYE so my panic stems from the codes being incorrect. I constantly check our NI contributions and pension stuff. I think it’s when things are uncertain you try to control as much as possible or pick unsuitable paint colours.

Seeing that website though. It’s just as well she has to be on it for her job and not me. I just have to google the price of a second hand viv or le creuset 😉❤.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Hello all! Happy NYE, hope everyone is having as wild or cosy a night as they want.

Sister is on her way with Toxic (I suppose I have to drop the ex now) so hoping I can keep a lid on my temper/sarcasm.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
I'm just waiting for the drilling and hoovering to stop <insert Spongebob Whyyyyyy? Gif here> and then I can go to bed. Absolutely shattered.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Thank you. I don’t know why I worry. We (she now) have always been PAYE so my panic stems from the codes being incorrect. I constantly check our NI contributions and pension stuff. I think it’s when things are uncertain you try to control as much as possible or pick unsuitable paint colours.

Seeing that website though. It’s just as well she has to be on it for her job and not me. I just have to google the price of a second hand viv or le creuset 😉❤.
Don’t stress about codes at all my love!! I’ve had every type of code chaos a PAYE girly can have - including last tax year where I got a huge rebate then they wrote to me saying hold up you actually owe us money 😂 (still netted off majorly positive so Ty HMRC for the one good thing you’ve ever done for me❤) before that have had an employer put me down as not having had a job that tax year so first pay cheque had no tax deductions and then second had huge deductions (thankfully had spotted this so put aside the money!), had an employer mess up my tax then they went through their tax chaos so I had to pay stuff even HMRC said arguably shouldn’t have had to, I can’t even remember what else but it’s been all over the place year in year out and they’ve always been lovely and either adjusted my code to recoup it over the year if it’s small enough (eg with taxable benefits) or said pay x then we can adjust later. Honestly it’s not in the top 100 things I worry about and I’m an insane hyper vigilant final destination mum I check either side of the bed for scissors every night in case the toddler rolls out and impales herself. There’s never been scissors there lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
having a lovely nye here tbh. this afternoon, i had a big cry watching coco, when coco dies and hector isn't forgotten and the closing song absolutely ruins me. then a slightly smaller cry watching inside out bingbong being forgotten is the worst ☹

thinking i may end up in a another 2018 scenario again - that nye, i went for a 20 min nap at 9pm, woke up at 3am 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 23
belated merry Christmas, and a happy new year to all of you

sending big hugs to anyone still needing/wanting them ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Happy New Year all ❤
I'm at home alone as well this eve, Mr NT has gone to a friends' for the evening, and though I was invited too, I would have been the only sober person so I decided to stay home. Getting a taxi back early alone wasn't something I fancied doing either as its so rural and pitch black here and I'm too wary these days... 😬 So I've had a chilled evening by myself, took all the Xmas bits down and had a clear up, put fresh bedsheets on (Mr NT is coming home tomorrow, so no sweaty drunk men in bed tonight 🥳) and I look forward to throwing some starfish shapes in a fresh bed later. Had the last of the yule log for my dinner and might put on some true crime stuff in a bit and scare the tit out of myself before bed. 😑 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
My fella is back from seeing family in America 🥰 He got the first train here this morning and I was walking to the gym. Saw him walking towards me and did a little run. I've missed him so much. Today has been the absolute best just hanging out.

Happy New Year my lovelies ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Happy New Year, all. I just popped in to say that while Traumy always looks splendid, I must say today’s portrait looks particularly nefarious
0CB17380-D9B0-4A63-85E8-254080A3A13F.jpeg

Happy new year, all. It’s still afternoon here, today I’ve met a little snake named Greg (which is a truly splendid snake name) and now I’m going to ride my bike for a bit and then get to bed by 9 so I can get up early in the morning.

It’s QUITE LITERALLY all go here with the excitement!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I was going to comment on Traumy too. Mask is chef’s 💋.

All go here too. Attempt number 2 at walk tomorrow no coffee though so we’ll have to make do with homemade.

Dog’s just refused to go out as it’s so wet so it will definitely be an early start and she’ll come running with me as part of her resolution to get out more.

• Heart
Happy New Year when it comes everyone!

I’m celebrating at home, with Bobcat! I was going to put a film on but I can’t decide what to watch.

ETA. Ghostbusters 2 is free on Prime, yay! Decision made, it’s set around New Years.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I was really dreading spending New Years alone - kids are both out at parties and mr D is working( or so he says ) but so far I’m having a lovely night. I treated myself to some obscenely expensive party food from M&S , the lobster Mac n cheese crostini that were still £12.50 when reduced 😬, a bottle of alcohol free nosecco and a bag of posh crisps. Got last leg on the tv , smashed half the crostini (other half in the air fryer now) and put a sheet mask on . it’s not been the best Christmas ( understatement 😂) so I’m glad nye hasn’t been as bad as I was expecting

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
@BubbleDuck that is an amazing way to spend it home alone, they are epic treats! The Last Leg is always great fun.

If anyone is watching Jools Holland Hootenanny, here is the funniest Jools impression I‘ve ever heard, from Adam And Joe, link below!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I'm watching bbc1 and duck me, sam ryder just leaves me so cold and, tbh, how he actually came 2nd on Eurovision is beyond me

he's literally singing a queen (my fave) medley and i hate it!

• Haha
  • Heart
Happy New Year, all. I just popped in to say that while Traumy always looks splendid, I must say today’s portrait looks particularly nefarious
View attachment 1843902

Happy new year, all. It’s still afternoon here, today I’ve met a little snake named Greg (which is a truly splendid snake name) and now I’m going to ride my bike for a bit and then get to bed by 9 so I can get up early in the morning.

It’s QUITE LITERALLY all go here with the excitement!
Greg is a lovely snake name. I used to have two snakes, Chuck (spotted python) and Abigail (Darwin coastal). I know they're not for everyone but I love them. They make great pets, so clean and quiet.
Had a really mellow night, we listened to music, watched some YouTube and played with the cats. Happy New Year, my friends.

• Heart
I'm watching bbc1 and duck me, sam ryder just leaves me so cold and, tbh, how he actually came 2nd on Eurovision is beyond me

he's literally singing a queen (my fave) medley and i hate it!
I didn’t even know who he was. Must be getting old 😂 Had him on mute until the countdown

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.