Food and Drink #36

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Get well soon @EddieBeds - sounds really nasty. Also sorry about the family stuff.

Do you know - I think happy families are the exception. We're lucky if we can rub along without actively hating each other (I mean 'we' in general - not my family in particular).

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I am so sorry so many of us are struggling. I think it's the time of year for it. Still tit though. We can do this ❤
My first day back at work has just done me in mentally and physically. Not sure I even want to be a nurse anymore. The patients are all lovely. Their families can mainly kiss my arse .

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Just popping on to thank everyone for their advice on filling in my PIP form. I have a telephone call assessment this afternoon. Fingers crossed ninnies.

And also sending much love to those who are having a really touch time of it at the moment xx
Slight merail, but weirdly the assessment went really well. The nurse who was speaking was really understanding and actually quite helpful, especially talking about things I might have said in the form but not mentioned, or asking for more information. I had been expecting a truly awful time as I don’t think I had read anything about these that was in anyway positive, in fact it’s been terrible. I know it’s their report that then needs assessed by the DWP but I am hopeful. If not then we shall see. Thanks for the good wishes.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Slight merail, but weirdly the assessment went really well. The nurse who was speaking was really understanding and actually quite helpful, especially talking about things I might have said in the form but not mentioned, or asking for more information. I had been expecting a truly awful time as I don’t think I had read anything about these that was in anyway positive, in fact it’s been terrible. I know it’s their report that then needs assessed by the DWP but I am hopeful. If not then we shall see. Thanks for the good wishes.
A good friend of mine before she went on mat leave did pip assessments. She says that the genuine ones always leave stuff out so she prompts them. Those she isn't sure about (err long COVID after 3 weeks anyone😉) give details of their bowel movements. I am so glad she was a nice one and also if you do need any help I can ask her for advice or where to go or what next etc x

And just realised I sound like someone else.

She is a genuine friend, called Tara had a beaut of a baby with much hair and I have genuine photos with her 😜😂😂 and she does do PIP assessments since being a dirty traitor and leaving us. 😝

Also disclaimer finished work got home and about 6 Gins in...my measures 🙈 x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Do you know - I think happy families are the exception. We're lucky if we can rub along without actively hating each other (I mean 'we' in general - not my family in particular).
Agreed. I think all the social media stuff you see can make you feel worse, it definitely affects me.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Sorry to jump in, just don't know where to post

My daughter has been diagnosed with an ectopic Ureter and needs surgery to correct. Suspected damage to left kidney. Head is fried and i have so many questions but Until she's given a urology consultant, I have nowhere to go for answers.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
I hope her surgery goes well. Did they not give her information when they diagnosed her? It's awful to leave families wondering and googling with no duty of care
I have never worked in urology so haven't a clue , sorry. 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 15
She's only young so they told me this whilst she was on the loo doing a wee. Didn't want to say anything in front of her. Hoping clinic letter has a lot of info & doesn't take too long to arrive. Very lucky we have the option of going privately if it is gonna be a long wait. My head is just like 🤯

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I can imagine it is absolutely shattered. Communication in the NHS is disgusting. If you can afford to go private, and I honestly hate saying this, go private.
At least they waited whilst your daughter wasn't there. Big massive hugs , it will be okay x

• Heart
omg. i know we've taken the piss out of
rip viv for a couple of years and jack made that particular dress look horrendous

but viv's designs were so flattering and exciting and you still can see how she still influences fashion design now

i attended an exhibition of her stuff a few years ago - I've seen the actual boots that naomi campbell fell over in that time

duck me. viv and pele in one day? duck

• Heart
Reactions: 19
. Those she isn't sure about (err long COVID after 3 weeks anyone😉) give details of their bowel movements.
A little unfair considering that's sort of one of the actual questions :)
I have to assume what she meant is the general "oh what a trial it's been this week what with my Bert's lumbago and that Jack buying all the prunes"

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I need to go to the Post Office but it looks like I'll have to swim there.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Foul weather here too, we're absolutely sodden. Quite excited about watching the new Marie Antoinette series on the Beeb tonight but I managed to stand on my glasses this morning so I'll be squinting at the TV.

I've ordered some new ones online which I'm hoping look good and don't just look like this:

1672405892694.png

• Heart
  • Haha
as some of you may recall, i am around 18 months shy of 40

today, after waiting in the worst queue ever at morrisons kiosk, i was asked for id for fags. i did not have any id on me

after being jostled in the bum by some old woman's trolley for 15 minutes while approximately 10000 people checked their entire extended family's lottery tickets, i was most displeased

i didn't kick off or anything, dw, just kinda stared incredulously, intoning, "im 38"

then i sent mr kcc to the garage and all was well, but leaving the house today was a mistake tbh

on the plus side, mr kcc treated us to scratchcards and ive won a fiver!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Annoying but kind of a compliment?
I am 36 and until about 34 was always ID'd, pandemic has ruined me, but I loved it, even when I didn't have ID. I was ID'd by some teenager the other day and it made my day :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.