Food and Drink #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello ninnies! I'm behind after my jaunt, which was wonderful but I can't go on about it too much because I'm still wanging on about it IRL and on my socials and therefore too šŸ”ŗ but those of you of my vintage would have loved it.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
thank you! ā¤

pringles are excellent for this sort of thing šŸ˜ˆ

looks like I missed out on some good cereal discourse there too! I took instant porridge pots to work for years because they are apparently better for you than cereal. but, g-d, the indigestion! the hunger mere moments after finishing it and the complete lack of joy that cereal gives you

been having cereal again for about a year now and it's just so good. can't wait to get back to my marshmallow mateys in the am!
Yes indeed, Pringles are brilliant for this sort of thing, particularly as you get lots of them to chew, then layer. That's got to be why the tubes are so big, surely?

So lovely to learn you're a fellow chewer-upper @kachoochoo :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
The thing is my mood is ok. Iā€™m just going to spend a few months feeling like Iā€™m getting the flu or a chest infection or tonsillitis.
Iā€™m the same Hotes. Mood fine, body falls to pieces. Crohnā€™s flares, energy lacking, etc etc. But MH and mood actually ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I've had a terrible two days. cried in front of child's headmaster yesterday because ASD stuff and then other child got beaten up at school today.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
Just having a nice glass of white wine. Have been quite emotional though - just worried about what the future holds. Had a chat with my mum but she's on holiday in North Devon with crappy phone reception so that convo was quite stressful with me having to shout about horrible experiences the kids had gone through x5 and her going "WHAT???". :LOL:

• Heart
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
6E9601CF-7B64-40FC-B8A1-31A96A169692.jpeg

46672093-70B9-436C-A690-1C414B3C3AEA.jpeg

Maisie got spayed the other day and I canā€™t help but love the lil swimsuit she has to wear at the moment. Sheā€™s wearing a jumper over the top because itā€™s bleddy cold. Bonus picture of Nala in her jumper too. We are hanging out in bed because I have my electric blanket on.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Thank you for this. ā¤

I used to listen to the shipping forecast on the way to work when things were too much and I needed quiet. Normally, I put on a BBC sounds thing but last night my head was too bad.

We only have a month left before the days lengthen. Nigel Slater did some Christmas Chronicles series a few years ago and although I am not a Christmassy person, his voice and the way he describes this season tempers the gloom somewhat.

There are also two books - The Light in the Dark (Horatio Clare) and Wintering (Katherine May) which a) are easy to read and b) talk about the mental struggles of winter and the dark seasons. They are easy to pick up and put down and make you realise at 3am that it is natural to be feeling this way and the fecking clusters are just another part of the seasonal change.
Have you got the Christmas Chronicles audio book? That's a nice relaxing listen.

Which frau was looking for protein or meal replacement recs? Was it you Hotes? I can recommend The Protein Works for nice shakes, they do a range of products including vegan options, and have complete meal replacements as well. I use them when I have bad MH spells and my appetite disappears šŸ˜‘. I got a bundle which worked out to be the best deal, but they run different offers all the time. https://www.theproteinworks.com/

• Heart
Reactions: 17
There's a meditation for women podcast I am subscribed to but it's just sounds of things. Like rainy days and distant pneumatic drills or shopping centre background. Makes me feel like I've had a bit of real life without actually having to get cold or wet or peopled on.
Super-relaxing.
I've just started HRT and I'm not sure if it's making me slightly unhinged or if I've just got post-holiday blues.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I've had an absolute shitshow of a day lads

I've mentioned here that I've got a few things going on and I'm not sleeping well

well, my colleague who has barely been in the office the last couple of years witnessed me falling asleep at my desk yesterday and instead of talking to me, chose the nuclear option

fair enough, I have been falling asleep at work, in that seconds at a time way that everyone does now and then when we're staring at a computer for long periods doing repetitive tasks and especially when we're not sleeping well

anyway, she went to our manager and the upshot is I was invited for "a chat" (don't those words fill you with dread?) Then I cried (I'm a crier - sad, I cry; angry, I cry; embarrassed, I cry) for half an hour in front of our manager and I've been referred to occupational health

I have never been more mortified. I know there's plenty wrong with me, but why can't people leave you alone to deal with things in your own time?

• Heart
Reactions: 43

I've mentioned here that I've got a few things going on and I'm not sleeping well

well, my colleague who has barely been in the office the last couple of years witnessed me falling asleep at my desk yesterday and instead of talking to me, chose the nuclear option

fair enough, I have been falling asleep at work, in that seconds at a time way that everyone does now and then when we're staring at a computer for long periods doing repetitive tasks and especially when we're not sleeping well

anyway, she went to our manager and the upshot is I was invited for "a chat" (don't those words fill you with dread?) Then I cried (I'm a crier - sad, I cry; angry, I cry; embarrassed, I cry) for half an hour in front of our manager and I've been referred to occupational health

I have never been more mortified. I know there's plenty wrong with me, but why can't people leave you alone to deal with things in your own time?
Oh, sweetie. I really feel for you. I was never a crier until I went through menopause then I cried more than I have in my entire life, most of it at work. It is mortifying and impossible to control. Sending you chips and a hug.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Sending nightsnacks. Also a zorbing bubble thing so you can roll around and be totally separate from everyone.

(I used to cry in Sainsburyā€™s during the meltdown months of 2019/2020.)

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Oh my god, I once cried in a meeting with a boss. He didn't even work in the same region as me, he was the head of the entire national programme, and we only saw each other twice a year.

I had been having a very hard time in my personal life, but also I'd had difficulties with a colleague who had recently been let go, and who was, not to mince words, a raging bleep (to the point that after he was let go he posted on his Facebook that I was an STD-ridden sexual predator. Really). The boss said, "I know you've had problems with Bob...but of course it takes two to tango, doesn't it?"

I just bleeping burst into tears of frustration, and afterwards I felt so pathetic and humiliated. Really, one of the worst moments of my professional life.

So you have all my sympathies, dear heart. You can overcome this. I did, and so will you. x

• Heart
Reactions: 30
thanks lads ā¤ I'm just so pissed off for so many reasons

I cry at the drop of a hat, I like to keep people at bay, and now I'm being forced to talk to people

There's only 3 of us in our office (manager is in the building next door). they got our other colleague involved - who also falls asleep regularly at his desk - who apparently has said I've "got worse" in the last few weeks. he's now at pains to tell me how he was "forced" to talk

I just feel so humiliated that they've been talking about me behind my back, caring or not. the colleague who grassed me up actually said she feels motherly toward me. she's not even 20 years older than me. I'm nearly 40 ffs! But the worst bit for me was how she said she doesn't want "another [redacted name of a colleague who passed away very suddenly this time last year] on (her) hands"

also, PSA here for anyone who has to deal with someone who cries easily - the absolute worst words to say are "don't get upset" or "we're only worried about you" these words only lead to more tears, more anxiety for the crier and more embarrassment all round

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
Thanks Nottonighty-B. I fell down an internet rabbit hole looking at options got overwhelmed and ordered a box of complain with my Tesco delivery that didnā€™t come. I was looking at the ingredients and a I think the pea isolate reacts with me so IDK I managed to make rice today with veg fingers.
Katch Iā€™m so sorry they dealt with this so badly, but I think seeing Occ Health is good - theyā€™re trying to be helpful, not punitive. So thatā€™s something.
I once temped and had to ask my manager not to say ā€œcan I have a word, in room Xā€ because it made me think she was going to end my contract and she was totally shocked at why Iā€™d have thought that (lucky her! people without anxiety walk among us)
I am a big fan of crying, better out than in, people need to get over saying itā€™s a problem. Itā€™s mainly women who cry so theyā€™re being sexist. Iā€™ve cried at work, at the GP, in Asda, in the street, if I need a cry I have a cry, not like Iā€™m flashing my waps or chubby lil thighs/foo foo.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I just described a miniature greenhouse I want to buy to Mr Beacon as "a bit spenny" and he now thinks I'm a lunatic.

• Haha
My friends, do you like baby hippos? This clip is about a hippo calf brought up with rhinos then he meets another hippo called Moomin. It's very sweet and not too long. My Harold sent it to me this morning as I woke up feeling shithouse. I think hippos are really pretty, their eyes are just beautiful.
Oh this is just too pure šŸ¤
Iā€™ll never forget this time I was at Berlin zoo stood next to a guy with a very strong German accent and when the pigmy hippo plopped in her bath he pointed her out to his little girl and said ā€˜splish splash splashā€™. It was beautiful.

• Haha
  • Heart
KCC lovely Iā€™m so sorry youā€™re going through this. I donā€™t know if I love how this has been dealt with uno, have you said anything to HR about how you feel? :/

Idk what occupational health even do lol but would it be possible to suggest you wfh more often to them and them support that? As that buys you more time to yourself in the mornings & lunch so you can have downtime to help manage your energy levels throughout the day? Even more calm time in the evening will be an huge plus! Especially not having to deal with bs of an office environment which is (imo the most) draining? Like this seems like a health issue so they should be taking this seriously and being super supportive and nice so I hope they are??

Also generic HR/work advice - I wish Iā€™d recorded all convos when I was pregnant and/or bought a third party in with me which is your right. Iā€™d weighed up doing the legal ting but I didnā€™t want the Google footprint off it unless itā€™d be 100% in the bag, which it would have with recordings of what was said to me. Not suggesting itā€™s anywhere near that bad for you but idk personally I think recording tit is prudent for any HR or employer contact so will eternally do so from now on. Also if itā€™s any comfort look up subject access requests too. I did mine out of pure spite so not the best to advise lol but I think dear heart @Jay-cloth Cow is HR so might be able to give legit advice that isnā€™t from a notorious work complainer loool. But honestly be gentle on yourself my love and try not to worry, itā€™s a bump in the road not the end of it ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.