Food and Drink #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been to a Royal show 🔺 and saw lots of sheepos….amongst other animalos.

Apologies @Falkor I wasn’t paying a lot of attention to breeds but this one made me think of Badger:

View attachment 1382171

Then there was this sheep….I’m really sorry but it made me think of a cow in terms of its head 🐮🐑

View attachment 1382185

There were so many breeds/varieties of sheep:

View attachment 1382223

This one made me think of the sheep from the Usbourne books Farmyard Tales:
View attachment 1382224

The picture does not do justice as to how much of a unit this sheep was.
View attachment 1382225

I love these sheep - behind are some (sorry photo doesn’t show how much) that are so yellow in colour.
View attachment 1382226

I love the fringes on these two!
View attachment 1382227

Also pigs…..can we add pigs into the fold? Little Beds imaginatively named this one ‘Grunty’
View attachment 1382204
This is so lovely! It’s amazing just how many different kinds of sheep there are! It looks like a fun day, and with the pics and captions it’s like you’re walking us through it, chatting away.

@MistyWindows I’m so glad you’re doing better, this thread is the best for animal pictures and sweet people.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Awww, I love elderly pets. He looks so sweet.
I had to take Pooh to the vet today (he's fine, got some antibiotics for a cough) and there was a puppy there called Douglas.
Douglas, I was trying so hard not to laugh.
It’s like when we see cats called Colin.

Colin the coon.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Hey Canal!
I’ve had a very bad day, if I’m honest my self confidence is rock bottom right now.
I would absolutely love some cheering up, plz send cattos or doggos.
In the mean time have some bonus Cece View attachment 1381974
Is Cece a cuddle kitten?

Apologies @Falkor I wasn’t paying a lot of attention to breeds but this one made me think of Badger:

View attachment 1382171

Then there was this sheep….I’m really sorry but it made me think of a cow in terms of its head 🐮🐑

View attachment 1382185

View attachment 1382223

View attachment 1382224

View attachment 1382225

I love these sheep - behind are some (sorry photo doesn’t show how much) that are so yellow in colour.
View attachment 1382226

View attachment 1382227

Also pigs…..can we add pigs into the fold? Little Beds imaginatively named this one ‘Grunty’
View attachment 1382204
Just for little beds dotty and Wilma
1522C36E-B823-4EF4-B494-BC29146EE314.jpeg
DB1BBE5B-EF49-4A22-A702-08A02C9E1E0C.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

View attachment 1382171

View attachment 1382185

View attachment 1382223

View attachment 1382224

View attachment 1382225

View attachment 1382226

View attachment 1382227

View attachment 1382204
There is actually a breed of sheep called the Badger Face Welsh Mountain, where the badger gene has been selectively bred in :) but I think the one in your picture might be a Hampshire Down sheep. The one you think looks like a cow (and I agree, they're ugly buggers) is a Texel, they originally come from the island of Texel in the Netherlands, but are a hugely popular commercial sheep in the UK because they grow very quickly and are so muscled that you get a very lean carcass. My neighbour has them, but because of the head shape they can have problems lambing without help, especially if you're crossing them with something else.

The yellow colour is hair dye :) Not quite literally, but you can buy something called bloom, it's a powder that comes in various different shades of pale yellow through to brown, you mix it with water and spray tan your sheep for showing or sale.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
We figured it out, but still, thank you!! Omg I’d forgotten about the sparkly material. I loved all those little details.
Also, in further detail, the get better box had different wallpaper on each of its sides and top, and one of them had birds on it and was from Mrs Cocoa Jones’ bedroom when she was a little girl. And when my naughty little sister got better, she painted spots on her doll Rosy Primrose and made a get better box for her. It’s a lovely story, the one I remember the best from those books.

We have a very fun and friendly border collie called Simon living down the street, and on the subject of goldfish names, when he was little my nephew had a tank of seven that he was allowed to name himself. He named them all Christopher. “The Christophers”

• Heart
Reactions: 20
William is the go-to goldfish name for me thanks to this absolute banger of a song.

We have the same song on our Roses ad, haha. Except ours says 'Thank you very much for being my mrs.' With no mention of William.
Aussie bloody culture. Cringe.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Went to bed suffering from embarrassment at my inability to upload on here. My big cat didn’t show up and I told the kids to leave a window open . No sign of him all night. No shouting for his breakfast . Totally got the fear ,went out the back and shouted him and he unrolled himself from a chair in the garden like a big fat slug. He’s definitely getting food from some poor sucker because he’s putting on weight at some rate.
Anyway good morning troops .have a good one .

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Awww, I love elderly pets. He looks so sweet.
I had to take Pooh to the vet today (he's fine, got some antibiotics for a cough) and there was a puppy there called Douglas.
Douglas, I was trying so hard not to laugh.
This reminds me of a female sausage dog I met in a pub. She had a sparkly pink collar and was called Barry

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I am WAY behind as I save this thread for when I have time to fully catch up properly, so apologies if this has been answered, but are you thinking of My Naughty Little Sister?

In the story where she gets measles Mrs Cocoa Jones brings a get better box to her that definitely has at least some if not all of those things in it (and I also remember a length of sparkly material from a real pantomime fairy’s dress!)
wow.is my naughty little sister that old! i read them as a child in the late 80s, i had a little sister so always resonated 😂

photo of my cat trolling me as he stays juust out of reach refusing to come inside 😂

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
When we took JC-pup for her second jabs we met a cavapoo puppy called Trevor. He looked like a tiny teddy bear, the fact he is called Trevor made me very happy!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
View attachment 1382611
I feel so guilty washing the dog. He makes a half hearted attempt to run away when he sees the lead (arthritis) but then just gives in. The look of absolute defeated resignation on his face is both sad and hilarious. Here's him in his favourite place instead, his pile of cushions (there's three more out of shot)
I love his brow furrows.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Pigs are awesome animals. Cute and clever.

There's an account on Insta called 'Posh little oinklets' if you like little pink piggies doing cute stuff, this is the account for you. They're spoiled house pigs and they are beautiful!

• Heart
@Sideboard Bob The canal really does seep into everyday life…en route to the dentist I saw a mobile library bombing along and thought of this thread and the conversations around books. Then the dentist gave me the mould for my night guard to keep and I immediately thought - ‘that’ll make counting my teeth easier’ 😂.

Off to look up the Posh Little Oinklets!

@Falkor thank you for the knowledge - never realised it was dye on the ‘yellow’ ones! And yes ugly bugger is one way to describe the texel - they look like they’ve been over doing shoulder day at the sheep gym too!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
@Sideboard Bob The canal really does seep into everyday life…en route to the dentist I saw a mobile library bombing along and thought of this thread and the conversations around books. Then the dentist gave me the mould for my night guard to keep and I immediately thought - ‘that’ll make counting my teeth easier’ 😂.

Off to look up the Posh Little Oinklets!

@Falkor thank you for the knowledge - never realised it was dye on the ‘yellow’ ones! And yes ugly bugger is one way to describe the texel - they look like they’ve been over doing shoulder day at the sheep gym too!

I'd feel compelled to name them things like

Arnie
Sylvester
Diesel
Dwayne
Dorian
Frank
Steve
Lou
Bruce
Clark

• Haha
  • Heart
On the topic of sheepos, my mum and I saw some (what Google later told us were) Valais Blacknose in a field once in Scotland. What astonishing creatures. They were so still that we honestly wondered if they were big soft toys. And the distance meant we couldn’t see any detail on their faces. We still talk about them to this day.

9F768481-1353-4CE2-91DC-CDDD7E0D8083.jpeg

ETA not my picture (sadly)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
I have no doggos, cattos, sheepos or piggos to share with you but I do have a picture of Mrs Cocoa’s get well box ( I think) for anyone who needs it
3485F583-F464-43ED-83AD-CC5FAC6E54C6.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 21
On the topic of sheepos, my mum and I saw some (what Google later told us were) Valais Blacknose in a field once in Scotland. What astonishing creatures. They were so still that we honestly wondered if they were big soft toys. And the distance meant we couldn’t see any detail on their faces. We still talk about them to this day.

View attachment 1383478

ETA not my picture (sadly)
My boss breeds them :) They are a seriously hefty sheep under all the fluff, but the lambs are unbelievably cute.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.