Food and Drink #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We've gone a couple of times recently and not more than 10 people in both times, which was lovely. Our nearest town has a population of under 10,000 but has a five-screen cinema - the smallest of the five seats something like 24 people!

We also have a wonderful thing called the Screen Machine which is a very clever lorry that trundles around the Highlands and Islands and unfolds itself into a 74-seat cinema with full surround sound. It turns up about three times a year at a nearby village and because you'll generally know everyone in there, is a bit like having a ginormous movie night in with your friends.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Another non-cinema goer here. The last one I properly enjoyed was Manchester by the Sea, but there might have been others, but I can’t recall. Definitely not since covid.

Being near smelly food, lots of people, unable to move around.

To be honest, I’m even finding normal TV hard at the moment. Watching sport (athletics, tennis, rowing [don’t @ me please 😂]) is easier. Don’t know why.

Off to find some facts…

An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
We've been watching a few things on the BFI player recently, thinking about giving Benediction a go tonight. I think we've seen 2 films actually at the cinema this year. It's so expensive though, and I like being able to make snacks etc. that I'm actually in the mood for.

Reactions: 13
@Wooh sending love. There are no words. ❤ Grief is so tricky to live with, especially knowing that it will always be a part of us.
A slightly unusual source, but Andrew Garfield described grief as the unexpressed love you have for someone. I think about that a lot, and it’s helped me find peace with my own grief. As others have said, I hope you take care of yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
20220630_181857.jpg

Morning ninnies👋🏼 It's Facturday so here's a good one..
44yrs ago today I was born. I'm currently enjoying a Bucks Fizz with my McDonalds breakfast because I'm a classy witch.
Have a lovely day and go well pals but now, duck off xoxo 💋

• Heart
Reactions: 37
View attachment 1385309
Morning ninnies👋🏼 It's Facturday so here's a good one..
44yrs ago today I was born. I'm currently enjoying a Bucks Fizz with my McDonalds breakfast because I'm a classy witch.
Have a lovely day and go well pals but now, duck off xoxo 💋
Happy Birthday!!

It's also the not SGs birthday today, 12! Going out for fancy burgers in a bit, then home for cake.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I ~might~ have clicked on the wrong gif.

*Whispers* Gasp! Can you see me? 😮

Happy Birthday!!

It's also the not SGs birthday today, 12! Going out for fancy burgers in a bit, then home for cake.
Happy Birthday SG Cookiecookie!🎁🎂 Do you have darling little independent fancy burger establishments where you are? I'm fortunate to be near a swanky place called 5 Guys. I believe it's run by 5 brothers so plenty of opportunity to be nuzzling ALL the siblings plus, everything is artisanal and homemade, it's 👨🏽‍🍳💋 x

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.