Food and Drink #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We've got one who loves being in her crate and one who refuses to have anything to do with them and sleeps on top of the first one's crate! We never shut the door though and it's her safe space if she wants some quiet time. They sleep on the sofas at night.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Yes we did this too, it was covered with a blanket and during the day she loved it. At night it was a nope. We got her a lamb that had a beating heart and she absolutely adored it until it stopped after an hour and she wailed 😂 she still loves that lamb. It’s now totally destuffed and she’s humped it to to high heavens, the wee hussy.

ETA We got the lamb on Amazon. Everytime I looked at it I was reminded of the song “beating heart baby” and started emo dancing.
LOVE that song, haven't heard it in ages. Isn't it so crazy how dogs sometimes develop a weird obsession like this with toys, my parents first dog did and she would cry outside the cupboard when she knew the toy she had claimed as her own (wasn't bought for her!) was inside, and she was neatured too :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Hello fraus. Curiosity got the better of me and I wandered over from the JM canal. This is a lovely thread. I’ve been consistently appreciating hearing others’ merails and stories on the MT and it feels like a nice place to say hi properly. Also DOGGOS and other animalos :love: My dog died a couple of years ago (lucky I guess given the tit turn my life’s taken since then) and I miss her so much so it’s lovely to see. I do still have my catto and I shall send him forth in due course as sending animalos is the only way to get over adversity in life (it actually is an excellent serotonin boost, even if Cack uses the plea to prop up her beggos). Much love. Now duck off x

• Heart
Reactions: 33
@Into_the_tunnel tinned veg chilli was a good shout, thanks again ❤ most of them have 2-3 portions of veg in which is great news for my poor body.

The hot sauce rec was me Orphy B, I meant to ask if you'd tried it yet! Glad you liked it. What are your favourite hot sauces?

@LennyBriscoe have you been keeping up with the World's Strongest Man qualifiers? The Stoltman lads are smashing it, Tom especially. The stone-off against Brian Shaw last year was incredible but I'm hoping he's going to win by more of a margin this year. It would be nice if they actually livestreamed the event rather than making us wait until Christmas when we already know the results.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Ahhhh Traumy-S, it was a fantastic sauce! I am partial to the Cholula sauce normally, but I'm switching now. My fav thing is sweet potatoes dirty wedges, covered in hot sauce and jalapenos. THAT MAN is trying to flog a tray bake like it in Tesco, I should sue!

Also, this is my neighbours new roomie, Kit-Kat-

IMG_7355.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I didn't find that flippant at all, I can't speak for anyone else but I suffer from depression and chronic pain and for me, looking at videos and pictures of animals and nature is guaranteed to bring a smile to my face when I'm having a bad day. I love seeing how everyone on here has such love for their pets. I know I'd struggle so much more if I didn't have my cats Pooh and Susan for impromptu head boops and cuddles. ♥
Thanks for understanding. I was grunking and posted in appreciation and then read other fraus' posts which were sharing important problems and then felt like sounded dismissive and I wouldn't want that to be the case. I'm an absolute sucker for pets though and a pretty face :love:

Going back the pizza talk I read earlier too, for pizza at home I always get the oven as hot as possible and use a stone. They come at all price points, but Aldi have a much cheaper one. They don't stay looking pristine for long but they do make a lot of difference avoiding a soggy bottom.

Pizza Stone

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Ahhhh Traumy-S, it was a fantastic sauce! I am partial to the Cholula sauce normally, but I'm switching now. My fav thing is sweet potatoes dirty wedges, covered in hot sauce and jalapenos. THAT MAN is trying to flog a tray bake like it in Tesco, I should sue!

View attachment 1293692
omg she is stunning!!!! have never seen a cat of these colours/markings!
Not a hot sauce as such, but my absolute fav thing if I want something spicy is chinese chilli oil - not sure if I have mentioned it before here or elsewhere https://www.souschef.co.uk/products...6zq3MGkyVwsIICapLJi5y9v38j0WdAHhoCQFkQAvD_BwE this is my favourite, but you have to be careful not to spill it on any fabric/clothes, it will never come out (I say looking regrettably at my sofa )

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
careful not to spill
I batch cook tomato pasta sauce in my slow cooker, was doing it the other night, had to stop because I had 'good pyjamas' on and needed to change into scruffy ones, because I always end up splattering it on myself! Even if I wear an apron the pesky stuff manages to find a way to stain something!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I batch cook tomato pasta sauce in my slow cooker, was doing it the other night, had to stop because I had 'good pyjamas' on and needed to change into scruffy ones, because I always end up splattering it on myself! Even if I wear an apron the pesky stuff manages to find a way to stain something!
I used to make fun of my mum for wearing an apron but feel like I probably should get one (that and stop eating dinner on my sofa :ROFLMAO:)

This has just reminded me, so I have a rice cooker that I have never used, I read somewhere that you can use them also as a slow cooker, is this true? Don't want to ruin it as an experiment

Reactions: 18
Has anyone here tried CBD spray?

Someone mentioned it in a jokey way on another thread and I wondered if it was worth it?

I had some rescue remedy calm stuff from a neighbor that helped after my issues the other week but I'm not a CBD user so don't know if it would be 'too much' 😂

But mainly just thinking of things that could help me stay calm and level in future if I need it.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Someone mentioned it in a jokey way on another thread and I wondered if it was worth it?

I had some rescue remedy calm stuff from a neighbor that helped after my issues the other week but I'm not a CBD user so don't know if it would be 'too much' 😂

But mainly just thinking of things that could help me stay calm and level in future if I need it.
The drops taste like absolute arse but they seem to work for calming purposes. Well, actually they taste like grass cuttings, but the rhyme works…

• Haha
The drops taste like absolute arse but they seem to work for calming purposes. Well, actually they taste like grass cuttings, but the rhyme works…
Agreed, I got some for pre sleep relaxation but the mouth taste is beyond awful! I woke up with an awful taste in my mouth

• Heart

Not CBD but the Tisserand rollerball for stress is genuinely really good. It’s probably a placebo but thank you for reminding me it exists as I’m gonna buy one again, my last one leaked so be careful with how you store it - I don’t think it likes being in bags 😬

Reactions: 16

View attachment 1293692
Have you tried the Heartbeat hot sauces? They're super great - I love the pineapple habanero (sp?) one. They're a bit spendy but really tasty!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
@Into_the_tunnel tinned veg chilli was a good shout, thanks again ❤ most of them have 2-3 portions of veg in which is great news for my poor body.

The hot sauce rec was me Orphy B, I meant to ask if you'd tried it yet! Glad you liked it. What are your favourite hot sauces?

@LennyBriscoe have you been keeping up with the World's Strongest Man qualifiers? The Stoltman lads are smashing it, Tom especially. The stone-off against Brian Shaw last year was incredible but I'm hoping he's going to win by more of a margin this year. It would be nice if they actually livestreamed the event rather than making us wait until Christmas when we already know the results.
I’ve seen bits of it on Insta but I totally agree, it would be amazing to watch ‘real time’. I think Tom could retain his title although tough competition. It’s such a fab competition!

Thank you for tagging me in Traumy-S. I was feeling completely sorry for myself earlier and your post was like a slap in the face because Tom is a fantastic role model and that’s what I need to remember - autism and or Global Developmental Delay are not the end of the world and while it’s frustrating that charlatans jump on the bandwagon, I need to overlook that. Thank you dear heart ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Have you tried the Heartbeat hot sauces? They're super great - I love the pineapple habanero (sp?) one. They're a bit spendy but really tasty!
I haven't tried them (the price put me off!).

I don't get on with pineapple either, too much makes my mouth feel furry. Weird. Makes my sweet and sour sauce love quite hard!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Puppy question! Mostly for @Geetbo but also anyone else who has had a puppy! We're doing crate training but finding it hard - we've had her just over 2 weeks now and she really seems to hate the crate - the breeder said to persevere but it breaks my heart hearing her cry so much when she's in there 💔 does anyone have any tips to make it better? I've googled but most things I've found have said to just persevere too, have comfort things in there (we have teddies, a blanket, at night we put a (warm not hot) hot water bottle in one corner with a ticking clock covered by a blanket but she still seems distressed. I want to give up on it and let her just have a bed but apparently that's a bad idea?
When we got our now big boy the intention was to crate train but I only managed to last about half an hour of pitiful wailing before going and getting him and bringing him to bed with me. He was only a baby and first night away from Mum and siblings and I couldn't bear to hear him crying 😥. My reasoning was that both our other dogs (deceased) had been allowed to sleep on anyone's bed they fancied and he wasn't going to be any different so why let him be upset for no reason ❤
He still had his crate as a safe space but liked to lie on top of it once he could get up there, until he got too heavy and it was caving in under him 😆.
What we did do, was start training him in being on his own at home alone very early on, initially for about half an hour but then increasing, as all in the household worked (varying hours). Radio on for a bit of company, toys to cuddle up with, a treat on leaving and returning, fresh water, always the same routine when going out so he was comfortable that you were coming back.
He is a massively spoiled king of the household, but has no anxiety about being left at home on his own x

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I’ve seen bits of it on Insta but I totally agree, it would be amazing to watch ‘real time’. I think Tom could retain his title although tough competition. It’s such a fab competition!

Thank you for tagging me in Traumy-S. I was feeling completely sorry for myself earlier and your post was like a slap in the face because Tom is a fantastic role model and that’s what I need to remember - autism and or Global Developmental Delay are not the end of the world and while it’s frustrating that charlatans jump on the bandwagon, I need to overlook that. Thank you dear heart ❤
❤❤❤❤ sending love Lenny. Hope this doesn’t sound creepy but often think of you and your little boy esp when you’ve been on MT hiatuses.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.