Food and Drink #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
❤❤❤❤ sending love Lenny. Hope this doesn’t sound creepy but often think of you and your little boy esp when you’ve been on MT hiatuses.
Not creepy at all 🥺 thank you. We’ve had a good run of real progress with him, his level of understanding is rocketing! He enjoys school and he’s doing well, I’m not sure why today but a mum and little boy were chatting away waiting to cross the road this morning and I got a little pang and then old Jack Morley frustrated me. This too shall pass - might pass like a kidney stone, but it will pass 😂 ❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Have any hot sauce Frau watched Hot Ones on YouTube? It's a great show, they eat wings/vegan wings with sauces getting increasingly hotter whilst being interviewed. People like Shaquille O'Neal, Henry Rollins, Josh Brolin, Charlize Theron, Billie Eilish and Matt Damon have been on, just off the top of my head. The host is a great dude, he asks really interesting questions and really does his research. You also might find some new and interesting sauces. It's also pretty funny when the hot sauce-o starts kicking in.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Has anyone here tried CBD spray?

Someone mentioned it in a jokey way on another thread and I wondered if it was worth it?

I had some rescue remedy calm stuff from a neighbor that helped after my issues the other week but I'm not a CBD user so don't know if it would be 'too much' 😂

But mainly just thinking of things that could help me stay calm and level in future if I need it.
Haven't tried CBD spray but understand from a close friend (ahem) that a wee spliff now and again is very calming. CBD products as sold I think don't have the chemical (THC?) that makes you stoned, just the anti inflammatory and relieving elements so maybe give it a bash. Pam St Clement (Pat Butcher off of Eastenders) is a big fan I believe after trying it out on a TV programme a few years ago.
How do I remember all this nonsense 😂 got the giggles 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
When we got our now big boy the intention was to crate train but I only managed to last about half an hour of pitiful wailing before going and getting him and bringing him to bed with me. He was only a baby and first night away from Mum and siblings and I couldn't bear to hear him crying 😥. My reasoning was that both our other dogs (deceased) had been allowed to sleep on anyone's bed they fancied and he wasn't going to be any different so why let him be upset for no reason ❤
He still had his crate as a safe space but liked to lie on top of it once he could get up there, until he got too heavy and it was caving in under him 😆.
What we did do, was start training him in being on his own at home alone very early on, initially for about half an hour but then increasing, as all in the household worked (varying hours). Radio on for a bit of company, toys to cuddle up with, a treat on leaving and returning, fresh water, always the same routine when going out so he was comfortable that you were coming back.
He is a massively spoiled king of the household, but has no anxiety about being left at home on his own x
You sound so like me! I just can't bear the crying, she's only a baby! I've always had dogs on/in the bed but grew up with border terriers (and now my parents have a border and a rescue - I've posted pics on here before of him, fraus may recall when he tried to murder me when he got under my feet on the stairs and I ended up in hospital) - rescue JC-dog always sleeps in my bed under the duvet when I stay there. I would 100% have the pup in bed with us but she's going to be massive and Mr C is a bit of a unit 🤣 (we already fight for space just the 2 of us) so she wouldn't fit too when full grown so we don't want to allow it then stop her when she's bigger. We've got a big fluffy bed for her, I might put it next to my side of our bed so she isn't alone at night.

We are training by fencing off a bit of the living room and putting her in there with her snuffle mat - so she is alone but can still see us, then we leave the room for a bit, extending the time she is in there and then the time we are out of the room (today she was alone for half an hour and she didn't cry at all) so when we do eventually have to leave her home alone for a few hours hopefully she won't mind. She's been so good other than the issue with the crate.

Thank you everyone for your advice etc - sorry if I've been rambling about her, I thought you wise lot might be able to help and I was right!!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Completely missed the crate chat. Tunnel dog loved hers, now she goes in it when she wants when she is having “one of those days” (basically is missing Mrs T and has had enough of me). She then comes out like a new dog.

🙄

We took a while to train her, always covered it, had stuff from her original house in (and the stuff they had from ours for the last few weeks she was with them) and lots of toys. We also put her in for a bit, went out and waited outside (terrified) in case she could hear or sense us.

Now however, the house is hers. If the morning bits of banana are too big or too ripe they get rejected. But she flicks her hair and all is forgiven.

Good luck with pup love.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
You sound so like me! I just can't bear the crying, she's only a baby! I've always had dogs on/in the bed but grew up with border terriers (and now my parents have a border and a rescue - I've posted pics on here before of him, fraus may recall when he tried to murder me when he got under my feet on the stairs and I ended up in hospital) - rescue JC-dog always sleeps in my bed under the duvet when I stay there. I would 100% have the pup in bed with us but she's going to be massive and Mr C is a bit of a unit 🤣 (we already fight for space just the 2 of us) so she wouldn't fit too when full grown so we don't want to allow it then stop her when she's bigger. We've got a big fluffy bed for her, I might put it next to my side of our bed so she isn't alone at night.

We are training by fencing off a bit of the living room and putting her in there with her snuffle mat - so she is alone but can still see us, then we leave the room for a bit, extending the time she is in there and then the time we are out of the room (today she was alone for half an hour and she didn't cry at all) so when we do eventually have to leave her home alone for a few hours hopefully she won't mind. She's been so good other than the issue with the crate.

Thank you everyone for your advice etc - sorry if I've been rambling about her, I thought you wise lot might be able to help and I was right!!
For me as long as they’re toilet trained, don’t chew stuff and come back when called I’m happy. This is probably why puppo has slept on my actual neck every night since we got him.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Not creepy at all 🥺 thank you. We’ve had a good run of real progress with him, his level of understanding is rocketing! He enjoys school and he’s doing well, I’m not sure why today but a mum and little boy were chatting away waiting to cross the road this morning and I got a little pang and then old Jack Morley frustrated me. This too shall pass - might pass like a kidney stone, but it will pass 😂 ❤❤❤
Oh Lenny 😥❤ She can be upsetting and triggering af and it’s horrible to hear it upsetting ppl tbh. That’s brilliant news what a little champ thriving in school! 💪🏻🙏🏻 And most importantly enjoying it, that’s so lovely. ❤

This dog crate talk makes me lol because it’s so similar to human babies 😂 we cosleep with our human and I highly recommend it for anyone considering either human or dog cosleeping lol. It’s 100% the reason ours doesn’t even attempt to sleep through and seemingly every other mum I talk to has a perfect nights sleep but I don’t care cos it’s one of the highlights of my life !! 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I'm in civilisation for a few days and had my first ever Hotel Chocolat milkshake. Oh my gods....

20220525_144323.jpg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

Sounds like you are being a very loving and responsible pup owner, I think you should trust your instincts as far as bed time is concerned and definitely put the big fluffy bed down when you are ready and let her sleep there if that's where you picture her being in the future ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 19
@LennyBriscoe people like her are the scourge of the autism community. She is an absolute menace and is making a mockery of people who are truly affected so it's hard to not take it personally. You're allowed to mope occasionally, it must be challenging but you're obviously doing the best for your lad and it sounds like he's already achieving great things ❤

The Cholula one is banging! Frank's Red Hot is good as well, I like the vinegary ones more than the sweet ones. I didn't know your future husband Henry Rollins had been on Hot Ones @MaineCoonMama I'll watch that one later, by which I mean tomorrow because I'm bored of being awake and am going to bed.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
I've given up for now! I'm off to Adelaide in July so I'll be asking my friend if he can spot any in the wild and grab some for me. If that fails they're sold at Woolworths in Darwin so I can ask my SIL to hunt them down for me.
Aww I wish there was a way I could send you some without them melting and you know without ending up being a criminal in Australia’s eyes because I’ve smuggled Tunnocks in as a socks.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Aww I wish there was a way I could send you some without them melting and you know without ending up being a criminal in Australia’s eyes because I’ve smuggled Tunnocks in as a socks.
I'm not supposed to eat chocolate anyway ☹
Don't worry, SS-Dub. When I get my paws on them I'll be posting the pics ASAP!

PS @traumatised sideboard here it is

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Genuinely a crowdfunder I would donate to :ROFLMAO: Sooo tasty.

@Falkor that milkshake looks amazing! Did it taste as good as it looks?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Has anyone here tried CBD spray?

Someone mentioned it in a jokey way on another thread and I wondered if it was worth it?

I had some rescue remedy calm stuff from a neighbor that helped after my issues the other week but I'm not a CBD user so don't know if it would be 'too much' 😂

But mainly just thinking of things that could help me stay calm and level in future if I need it.
No but a few months ago I accidentally stopped my period by eating a cbd chocolate button every night for two weeks. I was so excited at having a slight buzz for almost an hour I just did it every night. But then I’m not and never have been a smoker so it really affected me.
I have just purchased a bag of chocolate balls and I have eaten one so far. I’m in the market for preventing an inconvenient monthly in the near future.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
hey, I've been considering cbd for a bit now. knowledgeable fraus, does it work? I'm after trying to calm anxiety and sleep better. does it interfere with SSRIs?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
hey, I've been considering cbd for a bit now. knowledgeable fraus, does it work? I'm after trying to calm anxiety and sleep better. does it interfere with SSRIs?
I've only used home made oil, I'm on SSRIs as well and it didn't seem to have too much of an effect on them. I did feel quite foggy in the morning but that may have been because it still had THC in it.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.