Food and Drink #24

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Happy birthday, @Billybellend !

I have stuck to my rule of every first pay cheque from a new job should have something frivolous bought from it, and the Hotel Chocolat post-Easter sale has fulfilled that definition admirably - look what just arrived!

View attachment 1215760
But a la MT/JM can you cut down the side of the packaging, turn it inside out and tape it back up again to make a box to store things in?!

• Haha
Reactions: 16

I have stuck to my rule of every first pay cheque from a new job should have something frivolous bought from it, and the Hotel Chocolat post-Easter sale has fulfilled that definition admirably - look what just arrived!

View attachment 1215760
Omg enjoy this’ll be amazing, when you open this please share pics!

This unlocked the fun memories of going to the nearest HC after any holiday to stock up on bargains with colleagues. They always had so many eggs left, even in their station shops! Which makes you think mb they should never have been priced at £40 or whatever it was a pop!

And Christmas would often started a day or two before Christmas Eve. Still glad I don’t have to go into the office ever again tho 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
No, it's a tin, I've no idea how I can use that for storage!!
That egg is immense. You need a hammer to break it into bits. Don’t wait for your ulcer!

They used to sell ostrich eggs in the posh food hall in the posh department store in Newcastle. Poor ostrich having to lay that.

If I had to be a bird, I think I would be a quail.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
A topical fact this Facturday.
Midnight Train to Georgia was originally written and recorded as "Midnight Plane to Houston”!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Look at all your spices in their original jars! #maverick
Nothing to do with me, Mr F is the cook in this house!

(He's out tonight, which is why I have a big tray of chips and onion rings in the oven and am going to cover them in grated cheese shortly!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I do have some animalo facts (about poo). 1. Wombats poo in cubes 2. Bat poo is sparkly

I learned these things in my mid 40s. I wish I’d known them much earlier in life, but as they say, it’s never too late 😂

ETA some further explanation might be useful so the “facts” are actually informative! Scientists believe wombats poo in cubes because of the way their intestinal tracts expand and contract during digestion, and bat poo is sparkly because it’s got lots of insect exoskeletons in it which “sparkle”

And speaking of sparkles and glitter and all joyous things, HAPPY BIRTHDAY dearest Billy Bellend! I am (virtually) making you that delicious traditional Tbilisi favourite, ham in Coca Cola with a side of pimento cheese, and a bourbon peanut and pecan pie
View attachment 1215832
Ooh I knew about wombat poo but didn't know bat poo was sparkly! That's a great fact - thank you!!

• Haha
I have a fairly boring couple someone told me at work who is making a nature pond for her garden - most frogs have no teeth, and can jump up to 20 times their height.
And a fat old dragon has all her adult teeth bar one and can jump 1/20th her own height.

2. Bat poo is sparkly
You also get sparkly disco poo if you leave a TwatCat unsupervised around the box of tinsel at Christmas.

New fact: buzz pollination, where bumblebees too big to get into a flower or whose tongues are too short to reach sit on the flower and vibrate their wings to get it to release the pollen (they use it as their protein source) and some lands on other flowers' stamens in the process, do this at approximately 425-434Hz. Before equal temperament came in and set the pitch of notes at certain frequencies, Middle A, the pitch by which all orchestras tune, wasn't 440Hz, it was around 434Hz. Western music is therefore fundamentally tuned to the sound of a bumblebee creating life.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19

View attachment 1215760
I've now bought myself an "eggcellent" hamper even though I definitely do not need one 😁 should have made an affiliate link!!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I know he doesn't come into F&D much but rather than derail the JM threads just wanted to ask if @MancBee is ok as not seen him around recently! Hope @Silver Linings is ok too - miss you both x

And a fat old dragon has all her adult teeth bar one and can jump 1/20th her own height.

You also get sparkly disco poo if you leave a TwatCat unsupervised around the box of tinsel at Christmas.

New fact: buzz pollination, where bumblebees too big to get into a flower or whose tongues are too short to reach sit on the flower and vibrate their wings to get it to release the pollen (they use it as their protein source) and some lands on other flowers' stamens in the process, do this at approximately 425-434Hz. Before equal temperament came in and set the pitch of notes at certain frequencies, Middle A, the pitch by which all orchestras tune, wasn't 440Hz, it was around 434Hz. Western music is therefore fundamentally tuned to the sound of a bumblebee creating life.
Oh we had sparkly poo a few years ago when the now deceased JC dog (not related to this incident, he was fine after it) got into some foil wrapped chocolate coins! One emergency trip to the vet and a lot of money later he was fine but was 💩 ing out coloured foil for a few days after. Here is the scene of the crime and the criminal.

ETA please note how carefully he unwrapped the coins - those are all empty packets round him!! No idea how he did it!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Totally and utterly shitfaced here…how much alcohol is in pina coladas? Asking for a friend…

• Haha
  • Heart
Totally and utterly shitfaced here…how much alcohol is in pina coladas? Asking for a friend…
🤣 great work Mr Bellend. When I used to make them back in my bartending days they had 2.5 shots of rum or 3 if i was feeling generous so between 65-75ml but if making them at home...however much you desire.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
'Extra Thick'

Dat egg got booty! Hope you enjoy every delicious bite!
I live alone so no way I could buy this (without going into some kind of diabetic coma) but the MOST satisfying thing much be breaking it initially, what will you use?!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
2 or 3? Depends how generous your bartender is. Don’t go near a Long Island iced tea…that’s got all of them in it.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
If any fraus ever go to York and like a cocktail I would recommend a bar called Evil Eye. I was a frequent customer when at uni 🔺️ and the drinks are great (but a bit lethal) - you mentioning long island ice teas reminded me of it @Vanelope as they used to (no idea if they still do) did a variation on that with absinthe in 🤯 I no longer drink but when I did they made a night out...interesting. They do great mocktails too which I had when I went a few years ago!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I live alone so no way I could buy this (without going into some kind of diabetic coma) but the MOST satisfying thing much be breaking it initially, what will you use?!
Well, I have a sledgehammer in the shed. I also have a hydraulic log splitter...

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.