Food and Drink #24

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For any beloved Fraus avoiding the MT at the moment this will cause you to smile

@@@@@

So Friday 22nd April goes down in canal history when we all fell out of our gondolas laughing

So Jack is unable to lie and Jack is a self confessed church cookbook geek and the Georgia cookbook is a banging one as told to a squiggle

The Georgia Church suppers cookbook is included in a list of PERSONALLY RECOMMENDED by Jack Eastern European cookbooks for her followers

It is from her own collection of cookbooks that Jack has organised by region

Only one wee snag it is church suppers in Georgia USA 🇺🇸

Yet Jack cannot lie

OMG thread 31 eat your heart out
I second this, honestly if you having a bad day it will chase the bad vibes away. I spent the day in bed reading, not knowing the delights that awaited me.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Currently making Jack’s orange sugar. Have been gifted some of the elusive orange peel (0p) from the little one so I’ve popped it in some IKEA stacking cups and put in the v sunny garden to dry out. No idea how long such a process takes, I’ve discovered some mummified orange peel that’s gone brown before… assuming that’s Jack’s sweet spot to then blend? 😳

No idea what you even do with it after 😬

• Haha
  • Wow
Hello lovely canal of ninnies - I have an actual food and drink question - anyone have a nice red lentil dahl recipe? Preferably one that doesn't involve instant mash
I’ve got a great red lentil dahl recipe with a half box of Paxo, then if you don’t have any red lentils you just substitute a stock cube and 2 tablespoons of squeezy bottled lemon because they’re the same. Then you just grate corned beef and tinned peaches over the top and stir in a cold pan 💥 red lentil dahl, 6p per portion, serves 12.

If you’re not “feeling” my own recipe, I’ve made this NYT one a few times and it’s a good ‘un. Let me know if you can’t open the link and I’ll screenshot it for you, because I RENT (ie have a subscription 😝)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I've done a chaos myself

"ooh we're only a few posts from page 45 I'll get the new thread ready" I think to myself

I type it all up then realise the end of a thread is page 50 not 45, and I hadn't even put a title on (was thinking I could quickly go back and check what was most popular in the thread then edit that in but you can't change a title once it's posted) 🤦‍♀️ hope the gifting puddle swallows me whole tbh 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I've done a chaos myself

"ooh we're only a few posts from page 45 I'll get the new thread ready" I think to myself

I type it all up then realise the end of a thread is page 50 not 45, and I hadn't even put a title on (was thinking I could quickly go back and check what was most popular in the thread then edit that in but you can't change a title once it's posted) 🤦‍♀️ hope the gifting puddle swallows me whole tbh 🤣
Think coconut chaos could be apt

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I've done a chaos myself

To chaos is human 😘 Think that puddle swallowed me earlier in the week, it's since spat me out but no magical scarves ☹ still grunking the MT.

Made apricot flapjacks today but as with every flapjack recipe, if you don't have the exact same size baking dish as the recipe states then it'll probably not cook right and be crunchy on the top and mushy on the bottom. Oh well, still tastes alright. M&S vegetable lasagne tonight as I'm at work and CBA to do proper cooking.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
What ho Hausfraus/Herrs! Birthday here, so we’ve been BUSY…rather liking the sound of a coconut chaos, as Biggest Bellend has decided to make Piña Coladas tonight, to go with our rather predictable jerk chicken and rice and peas…all about the racial stereotypes chez Bellend Towers tonight 🤣 Chin chin!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Happy Saturday Fraus! Does anyone have any fun titbits for facturday? I have a fairly boring couple someone told me at work who is making a nature pond for her garden - most frogs have no teeth, and can jump up to 20 times their height.

Mr C is out this eve to watch the boxing, he suggested I see what the other wives/gfs were up to but I've had a long week so will stay home, watch films and order a takeaway on my own - bliss. Here is a puppy photo, from the daily vids and pics from the breeder she is the one we have our eye on as she seems the most confident, she is always the first to toddle over to the breeder to say hello ❤

What ho Hausfraus/Herrs! Birthday here, so we’ve been BUSY…rather liking the sound of a coconut chaos, as Biggest Bellend has decided to make Piña Coladas tonight, to go with our rather predictable jerk chicken and rice and peas…all about the racial stereotypes chez Bellend Towers tonight 🤣 Chin chin!
Happy birthday!! Hope you've had/are having a wonderful day!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Happy birthday!!! Hope you have a wonderful day ❤

• Heart
Happy birthday, @Billybellend !

I have stuck to my rule of every first pay cheque from a new job should have something frivolous bought from it, and the Hotel Chocolat post-Easter sale has fulfilled that definition admirably - look what just arrived!

-ljjc0i.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Happy birthday, @Billybellend !

I have stuck to my rule of every first pay cheque from a new job should have something frivolous bought from it, and the Hotel Chocolat post-Easter sale has fulfilled that definition admirably - look what just arrived!

View attachment 1215760
I am now wondering (trying to justify) if I need a half price hamper cos they look so good 🤤🐷

Happy birthday Billyb!

• Heart
Happy Saturday Fraus! Does anyone have any fun titbits for facturday? I have a fairly boring couple someone told me at work who is making a nature pond for her garden - most frogs have no teeth, and can jump up to 20 times their height.
I do have some animalo facts (about poo). 1. Wombats poo in cubes 2. Bat poo is sparkly

I learned these things in my mid 40s. I wish I’d known them much earlier in life, but as they say, it’s never too late 😂

ETA some further explanation might be useful so the “facts” are actually informative! Scientists believe wombats poo in cubes because of the way their intestinal tracts expand and contract during digestion, and bat poo is sparkly because it’s got lots of insect exoskeletons in it which “sparkle”

And speaking of sparkles and glitter and all joyous things, HAPPY BIRTHDAY dearest Billy Bellend! I am (virtually) making you that delicious traditional Tbilisi favourite, ham in Coca Cola with a side of pimento cheese, and a bourbon peanut and pecan pie
27E3E319-74ED-4B25-A73E-9D7065A07BCE.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Happy birthday @Billybellend . Enjoy the cocktails 🥳.

This egg… is it the size of an actual ostrich egg but made of chocolate?

We need pictures. Stat.
I haven't opened it yet (I'm debating leaving it until my mouth ulcer has gone so I can enjoy it without Ouchy Mouth) but this is what it looks like inside:

And yes, size of an ostrich egg. The tin is bigger than my head.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.